Thread: D3 guest pass

D3 guest pass

Hey guys, I live in Australia and will be picking my collectors edition up in the morning (was 1 of the 15 selected in the store ) and im gonna give my guest pass to my brother, but i have a question...

Guest pass allows act 1, but it also states something about a 'starter client' does this mean only this client works with gust pass people? or can i just use my CE DVD to install onto his computer and that client is limited by his guest pass account... Also, if he buys the game after, does he keep those characters?

probably silly questions but i have tried looking up some info on it, but im a little afraid too cos i have purposely not looked up D3 info cos of spoilers, i want to play this game fresh..

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine its identical to WoW Trial passes and starter accounts.

He makes a battle.net account, slaps the guest pass on there, downloads the 'starter client' version. If he buys the game, he keeps the characters, but MIGHT need to download the full version.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trial pass is pretty much the same as the beta was. Only to Skeleton King, and only to level 13. I think you need a different client for it than the regular one (however I could be wrong).

Yeah, thats what im trying to work out, if there is a trial client or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Yeah, thats what im trying to work out, if there is a trial client or not
    I'm fairly certain there is as when Blizzard updated their webpage to introduce the trial client they made a mistake that let people play beta (with their trial download) for several hours before they fixed it. That client was the same as the beta client.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no trial client

You get a guest pass that allows you to level to a certain point. say 20 like wow
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    There is no trial client

You get a guest pass that allows you to level to a certain point. say 20 like wow
    This is false. The guest pass lets you play the exact same content as was in beta: up to and including the Skeleton King, and level 13 max.

OP I would just install the client on your friends PC and try it, there's a good chance it will work.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-05-14 at 08:40 AM.

There is not a different client for trial, you download the full game, what limits you is the status of the account being trial, not the client. The trial will be available to everyone 30 days after D3 comes out, and before that only people with guest pass can use it. If you get a guest pass, you can only lvl to 13, and get up to the skeleton king, as Cairhiin mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjew102 View Post
    There is not a different client for trial, you download the full game, what limits you is the status of the account being trial, not the client. The trial will be available to everyone 30 days after D3 comes out, and before that only people with guest pass can use it. If you get a guest pass, you can only lvl to 13, and get up to the skeleton king, as Cairhiin mentioned.
    cool well lets hope this is true, than id use my DVD to install on his pc, if not he can just download the trial client

cheers for the post guys

You get 3 guest passes with the CE. Any way you have a spare one you could toss my way? I missed open beta due to finals and am on the fence .

I would appreciate a guest pass as well, if anyone has got a spare one.

Just to be clear, I'm looking at the back of a guest pass card (my copy came this morning) and step 4 says: "Download the free client or borrow your friend's game DVD to install the game." So it doesn't need a separate client.

Edit: I don't have any spare though, sorry

ive also given mine away, my brother, his wife, and my other friend, sorry guys ;(

Hi guys,

i need a D3 guest pass. thx in advance