Why do Shadow Priests get so much Instant CCs compared to Warlocks?

Horror
    Psychic Scream
    Psyfiend (horror every 1.5 secs)
    Silence

vs

Blood Fear (takes up 10% HP per cast)
    Shadowfury or Mortal Coil
    Spell lock

Unfair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the bait.
    They have 1 more , thats hardly "So much" compared to Warlocks.

I dunno maybe because blood fear is spammable?

The real question is why do either, or any class, have so much instant CC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    Horror
    Psychic Scream
    Psyfiend (horror every 1.5 secs)
    Silence

vs

Blood Fear (takes up 10% HP per cast)
    Shadowfury or Mortal Coil
    Spell lock

Unfair!
    You missed of Howl of terror for locks (I know you can't have it with Shadowfury and Mortal Coil but it still is an instant CC)
    Last edited by Blackspur; 2012-05-14 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they don't have pets. Play a SPriest and see how much you miss having your silence/knockback/dispel/heal provided by your pet, rather than having to squeeze it between your own abilities.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock

This OP is trolling. Quoted from the above link, you will find his warlock vs. shadow priest QQ thread (saying we are "overpowered") - he has edited it several times so don't be surprised if he ghosts this quote out:

No doubt, this will make a very huge difference. However, from playtesting, it seems like many of the new Warlock buffs cannot be dispelled. It is not yet known. However, a good warlock will always keep lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility, on top of Twilight Ward and Dark Intent up. Since dispel only randomly dispels 1 beneficial effect, to dispel any of these 4 lesser abilities would waste around 6 seconds of GCD time.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-14 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    It's psychic scream or psyfiend.

They share a cooldown, so hardly that much more cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Shadow Priests get so much Instant CCs compared to Warlocks?
    None of those are CCs. If a pug tank says "CC the healer" and you reply "Okay, I'll silence it for 5sec, then horror it for 3sec, then psychic scream it for 8sec. Is that long enough?" they'll tell you to just let the Warlock cast one fear every 30sec.

But since you're obviously coming at this from a PvP slant, the other reason is they're all on long-ass cooldowns, and Horror requires accumulating resources in advance of casting it, so it's not even on-demand in the way most instant spells are.

Because they're not Warlocks and Blizzard don't balance the game around every class being the same

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock

This OP is trolling. Quoted from the above link, you will find his warlock vs. shadow priest QQ thread (saying we are "overpowered") - he has edited it several times so don't be surprised if he ghosts this quote out:

Creamie: No doubt, this will make a very huge difference. However, from playtesting, it seems like many of the new Warlock buffs cannot be dispelled. It is not yet known. However, a good warlock will always keep lesser buffs such as Unending breath and Detect Invisibility, on top of Twilight Ward and Dark Intent up. Since dispel only randomly dispels 1 beneficial effect, to dispel any of these 4 lesser abilities would waste around 6 seconds of GCD time.
    So a person who makes 1 seemingly trollish remark out of every 40 or so posts gets automatically classified as a troll.

I was only being sarcastic. Some people are so quick to jump to conclusion.

I have both, but the reason why SP are better than locks aren't CC. It "was" dispersion, their bubble and their higher dmg reduction (independant from pet / passive). Now lock get their "oh crap" key too come MoP. I only heavily tested duels against good rogues and frost mage (it's the only classes i care about) pre-nerfs in Dark Apotheosis. Conclusion is that it was awesome. Not sure now :s DR + leap + spam demonic slash / HoG was win. I love those little imps too. I did miss some CC as I didn't spec in Blood Fear and prefer the other 2 alternatives..

I was only being sarcastic. Some people are so quick to jump to conclusion.
    Quoted from you again in your other thread:

I don't use PvP trinkets or WotF during duels, and I expect my dueling partner to do the same, in order to uphold the purism of the classes' abilities.

Deleted
    trash buffs for dispelling, CSing a Warrior into combat so he can't charge... have you not played WoW since 2007?

Pretty sure a spammable fear (even though it takes 10% of our health) is enough lol. Locks having a spammable fear with 0 negatives behind it all these years has kinda been OP. Be happy all it is is a 10% health cost.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    I dunno maybe because blood fear is spammable?

The real question is why do either, or any class, have so much instant CC?
    Ye, we should add a castimng time for melee stuns to make it fair then, would you like it? No, so it's about the same here.

Deleted
    Even if the difference in the number of CCs for each class was more distinct (which it isn't, has been stated by many people above), why are you seeking class homogeneity anyway?

Warlocks can do tonnes of crap that Priests can't. Why can't Priests have an edge on Warlocks too?

(Obviously this is rhetorical, what with you being banned and all..)