man eats heroin in front of police

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226355191072

A MAN arrested at a Moscow railway station died after eating a pack of cigarettes stuffed with heroin, police said.
    The man was detained by police after he appeared under the influence of drugs while waiting for a train May 1.
    He was led to a security room, where he was ordered to take off his clothes as officers searched for drugs, the Ria Novosti news agency reported.
    But he then "suddenly pulled a pack of cigarettes from his underwear, which he stuffed into his mouth and started chewing," a police spokesman said.
    Cops were unable to prevent him eating the pack.
    An investigation determined there were around 23g of heroin in the cigarette packet.
    The man lost consciousness and died in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.
    Read more about the man who died after eating heroin at Ria Novosti.

What an idiot. Heroin is a bad bad drug.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... what was the point of doing that in terms of what he just did? =/

Stupid people back themselves into corners.

Every single problem he faced in that situation could be avoided by making even semi decent decisions. Literally zero sympathy for drug peddling morons.

edit: and for that matter it makes me wonder how the police could not intervene, i realise it happens quick but surely they're trained like most other officers in ways to keep drugs from being destroyed, it's borderline impossible to swallow something if someone knows how to stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    chalk up another Darwin Award
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Deleted
    Why didn't the policemen or paramedics make him puke??
    They could have guessed, that he wasn't eating some cigarettes for fun.
    Even if it a criminal this is failure to render assistance. In Germany that is a crime.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling this isnt a huge loss for humanity.
    For ppl wondering why they didt try to make him puke, its not always that easy (i think) and they DID send him to the hospital, well at least tried too.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Why didn't the policemen or paramedics make him puke??
    They could have guessed, that he wasn't eating some cigarettes for fun.
    Even if it a criminal this is failure to render assistance. In Germany that is a crime.
    Not rendering assistance is not a crime in the case of self harm or during criminal acts.

He was taken by ambulance to the hospital but died on the way. He was already "out of it", seeing someone eat cigs whilst stoned isn't exactly uncommon.