Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    It's ok WA has a lot of wheat and barley
    We'll get drunk like it's 1999
    ...and then you can resort to cannibalism when the food runs out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Erm, I'm guessing you live in Western Australia, and have never looked at what's happening in East Australia at all.
    East doesn't have the mining boom, our housing prices are insane!
    I live on the east side thank you very much and i have nothing to do with the mines. In fact you can't get much more east of Australia then where i live. So yes i knew what i was talking about.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-05-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Aye mate

Let's argue politics on a gaming forum. I'm sure we will find some educated opinions here.

I laughed at this threads title lmao.

As an Aussie I and the rest of the SANE population loves the idea of homes FINALLY AFTER 10 LONG YEARS coming down in price......considering the cost of housing in Australia has literally quad-tripled in the past decade...it's a nice change for once to see the prices start to drop.

The only people buying houses in Australia the past few years have been professional couples who dont have kids until theyre 35, because they're forced to into paying close to a million dollars just to live in a semi-decent area....where it would have only cost 200k only a decade ago.

Just some advice for the future you should be knowledgeable about other countries before you assume "IN FOR HUGE TROUBLES OMG"

Australia has one of the healthiest economies in the world.....even during the world financial crisis...where housing prices around the world were dropping dramatically....Australia's housing market kept booming like a boss saying "COME AT ME BRAH" and literally didn't even feel the impact of the GFC whatsoever.

So what....a $1million house in Australia, is only worth $900k now? WELL IT WAS WORTH LIKE $150k BACK IN 2000 SO WHO THE FUCK CARES LOL.
    Last edited by Friendlychap; 2012-05-14 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlychap View Post
    The only people buying houses in Australia the past few years have been professional couples who dont have kids until theyre 35, because they're forced to into paying close to a million dollars just to live in a semi-decent area....where it would have only cost 200k only a decade ago.
    Not entirely accurate. There are plenty of younger couples buying homes - just not in the inner suburbs. There are plenty of Estates and Estate-like suburbs popping up all over the place - and most of them are relatively cheap. The downside, of course, being that they are further away from the cities.

Also, how about those "Because it worked for Kevin" Handouts? I for one am thrilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Not entirely accurate. There are plenty of younger couples buying homes - just not in the inner suburbs. There are plenty of Estates and Estate-like suburbs popping up all over the place - and most of them are relatively cheap. The downside, of course, being that they are further away from the cities.

Also, how about those "Because it worked for Kevin" Handouts? I for one am thrilled.
    Yeah, housing is affordable in Australia...if you wanna live in the fucking sticks away from everything & anything decent.

I live in inner-city suburbs mate....you'll be out of pocket $900k here at the very minimum, and thats only for 2-3 bedrooms at most. The 4-5 bedrooms are easy 1.2-2mill....and they're not even special...it's just the location.

My grandparents house is estimated worth 1.25million, a 3 bedroom built in the 1960s old style home in Albert park. They paid like $30k for it back in 1980 lelelelelelelel. Their net worth is over 1 million dollars but they struggle to live on the pension. See how stupid that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Simply put, yes. I just can't see Abbott as a leader, put Turnbull as leader and jeez even Hockey and my vote might swing. But Abbott has been overly negative, hasn't put forward any real policies, hasn't given a viable budget, is a religious zealot, sexist and all around an unpleasant person.
    If they replaced Abbott with Hockey, the popularity polls would swing 10+ points in their favour. Unfortunately, Labor is doing such a bad job that there's little reason to replace Abbott.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space