Deleted

Diablo III install issue

Hi, as some of you are aware, you can install Diablo III on may 14th. The day before launch. (Source: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...er-walkthrough )

Now my issue, and a quick check on these forums says no one else has posted about this issue. When I hit install, and then agree to the terms, it comes up with an error. "An unexpected encryption error occurred. Please contact customer support."

Probably worth noting that a second window comes up that I'm unable to click on that says I don't have Diablo III activated on my battle.net account, even though it is.

Anyone else with this issue? Anyone know what's up, and how I can solve it?

Nope, still cant install the game. The fire from the sky still falls. Not sure what your error is related to.

Deleted
    You shouldn't be able to install it until 5pm UK time - 6 hours before release.

Deleted
    it just means that you cant install the game yet, you have to be connected to the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Aurathior View Post
    Hi, as some of you are aware, you can install Diablo III on may 14th. The day before launch. (Source: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...er-walkthrough )

Now my issue, and a quick check on these forums says no one else has posted about this issue. When I hit install, and then agree to the terms, it comes up with an error. "An unexpected encryption error occurred. Please contact customer support."

Probably worth noting that a second window comes up that I'm unable to click on that says I don't have Diablo III activated on my battle.net account, even though it is.

Did you update the install with that 50mb patch that was announced ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't install until 4pm BST/ 5pm CEST

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you updated the launcher?
    They sent out an announcement that you had to update the launcher to fix a issue with it, only if downloaded before 12th May.

Even tho you would have the newest one, you wont be able to install the game until the time is right.
    I cant say which time, because it all depends on you current time zone.

Deleted
    Good thing i checked the forums first ^_^ I thought it was 16 hours before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you get the "An unexpected encryption error occurred. Please contact customer support." error then you have a corrupted install and I'd suggest to install it anew. However before doing so, make certain:

1) You close all running instances of Agent.exe through the task manager.
    2) Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net directory. ProgramData is a hidden directory so you have to have those showing.
    3) Redownload the installer through your battle.net account.
    4) Run the installer as administrator.

Once the download is done, run the Diablo III Setup.exe, and you should get the message "The Fire from the Sky still falls. Diablo has not launched yet."

I had this also. Turns out the install exe had somehow (don't ask me how) become separated from the D3 folders when I moved stuff over to the new SSD. Re-running the installer as admin found and fixed the problem. Fire has resumed falling .
    Last edited by jesyn; 2012-05-14 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    First of all I'd like to thank the quick and insightful comments, second I assure you all that I did the basics first (internet, check. fully up-to-date installer, check. computer is turned on, check.) and finally thank you for pointing out that although you can download it today, you have to wait till a certain time.

I'll check off all of Cairhiin's points before re-installing, thank you

Also glad to see that my idiocy has prevented some people from making the same mistake. /bow

15+ Year Old Account
    This installer is trolling me .. meh :/

edit: lol now its working .. wut a troll
    Last edited by Azerox; 2012-05-14 at 05:23 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Not sure what time this was posted but I have already installed diablo 3. The time was 12:15 EST.

I installed it about an hour ago with no issues. Downloaded it overnight.

It could be that you didnt update your installer. Blizzard had sent out mails yesterday telling that you'll need to download a new installer , because the other one would work

Deleted
    If you are having any problems with the installer - Follow these steps;

1) Click on your link below

PC Links
    EU Installer
    German Installer

Mac Links
    EU Installer
    German installer

2) Point it to the same location as your other install
    3) It should check your files and then download a further 60mb
    4) When it has done this it will automatically open up the installer (This is a good sign its worked).

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurathior View Post

Had the exact same issue and managed to get it sorted.
    Firstly make sure that you have the diabloIIIsetup.exe within the same folder as all of the other diablo3 files you downloaded. (I dragged mine to desktop so just popped it back in the diablo installer folder and worked like a charm). Secondly not sure if its completely related but I forwarded the ports that support suggested and everything is installed for me ready to go at launch.