Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Actually, the Shatterer's head is a bit flatter and wider, and the horns are shaped more curvy. Their heads are as similar as any dragon's head will be.
    That is why I specified the area to be between neck and horns (as base of horns is where similarity ends).

Google images "homm bone dragon" for a good example of how skeletal dragon can look absolutely nothing like that.

Deleted
    Actually I think Shat looks much better than Deathwing. Also.. I though that Shat was "before" Deathwing... well Primodus shown in gw1 cinematic was for sure. And no , I'm not talking about lore.. I'm talking about actual in-game model. Great picture

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In before fanboys tell you they're totally different and that ANet designed him much sooner etc etc.
    Damn I wanted to be in before "Blizzard designed dragons first!!"

More news at 10, a Dragon that looks like a Dragon lawl :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    That is why I specified the area to be between neck and horns (as base of horns is where similarity ends).
    The only similarity I really see is in the pose, which really isn't surprising, considering the skeletal structure and musculature of the dragons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In before fanboys tell you they're totally different and that ANet designed him much sooner etc etc.
    Not really a fanboyish comment if it's a fact.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    For what it's worth, I thought it was a piece of WoW fan art too.

Only when I read it was based on a screenshot, did I scroll up to see which game it was.
    Pretty sure that's because you're like most other WoW players who look through MMOC - WoW is your universe, and is at the forefront of your mind when browsing this web site. It's hard not to think "WoW" when you look at anything associated with MMORPG.

Not trying to be condescending, it's just that it was the same way with me until I got bored with WoW and stopped being interested in it. Try to free your mind!

@Mif - again, change the title so it starts with "Guild Wars 2" already!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Mif - again, change the title so it starts with "Guild Wars 2" already!
    I can only change the post title, not the thread title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I can only change the post title, not the thread title.
    Well that's disappointing. Maybe it needs big bold text on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's disappointing. Maybe it needs big bold text on the front page.
    Unfortunately any bold text I'm likely to put in the first post would certainly earn me an infraction

I gotta be honest, really doesn't look like Deathwing save for them both being Dragons but I am enjoying imagining how bored people must be to come and stir up trouble here by saying it looks like Deathwing lmao

"I know if I say it looks like Deathwing I am going to get so much rage!"
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately any bold text I'm likely to put in the first post would certainly earn me an infraction
    You can't just do this above the art?

This is a Guild Wars 2 thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    oh thank you for this thread, fanboys pretending to not be fanboys, explaining huge differences by little details and starting to ask people if they also don´t see any difference in chris tucker and jacky chan (i lol´d)
    Being a fan of a game doesn't make that statement any less true. The two do not look enough alike to mistake it for a Deathwing recolor.

Being a fan of a game doesn't make that statement any less true. The two do not look enough alike to mistake it for a Deathwing recolor.
    I gotta agree lol, as much as I am enjoying this, perhaps we're just not blind? lmao Save for them both being dragons, looks nothing like Deathwing.

It's kinda like saying jennifer aniston and scarlet johansson look alike if they strike the same pose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    It's kinda like saying jennifer aniston and scarlet johansson look alike if they strike the same pose.
    Probably a better comparison than mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    it´s an opinion of someone who probably took a fast look at it and posted something, or posted his first thoughts... i really don´t know what the problem with that is?

thank´s to the gw2 threads pretty much everyone on mmo-c knows that gw2 will be a) awesome b) legendary c) totally not like wow and d) no, really, totaly not like wow

still if someone would come to the wow-forums and said after looking at a deathwing pic "looks like the shatterer" i would have to tell wow fanboys who´d rant about the details some poor guy just didn´t care enough for, the exact same thing i´m telling you guys now

greets
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

still if someone would come to the wow-forums and said after looking at a deathwing pic "looks like the shatterer" i would have to tell wow fanboys who´d rant about the details some poor guy just didn´t care enough for, the exact same thing i´m telling you guys now
    Has potential. Too bad no one is posting images of deathwing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing recolor.
    You may have hit the nail on the head.
    Perhaps it has to do with Wow players being used to everything being a recolor:

10+ Year Old Account
    it´s an opinion of someone who probably took a fast look at it and posted something, or posted his first thoughts... i really don´t know what the problem with that is?
    Because that opinion is poorly formed, plain and simple, without consideration for the most important thing in art: details.

change the title so it starts with "Guild Wars 2" already!
    That box on the front page of MMOC always puts you just below the line that tells you what forum area you're in as well.

It either needs a tag on the front page telling you what are the thread is in ([GW2], [Hntr], [Aion], etc) or to make the parts of the site look a bit more distinct from each other... Green background = WoW, Red = GW2, Yellow = Diablo, for example... Or images, even. The green background is not used for ads, as far as I can tell...

10+ Year Old Account
    You may have hit the nail on the head.
    Perhaps it has to do with Wow players being used to everything being a recolor:

-snip-
    That, and the simple fact that everybody who plays WoW and cares enough about it to participate in a forum community that's centered around WoW will be constantly thinking about WoW with every topic they read. Not a bashing statement that, considering it was my own mindset when I first began posting on these forums and used the "Recent forum posts" box. Only difference is when I found myself in a thread, before actually submitting the quick-reply, I'd read other posts in the thread and glance the one inch lower/higher on my screen that shows which sub-forum I'm in. And if my post was no longer relevant, I wouldn't bother to go "Oh, wow, thought this was about WoW" because that doesn't really contribute anything to the topic. I'd either not post, delete the old post, or come up with a response that's actually relevant to the subject matter without bringing up the subject of WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    That box on the front page of MMOC always puts you just below the line that tells you what forum area you're in as well.
    Well, as I said in the thread I made over in the suggestion forum about this very problem, most people are too lazy (or else in too much of a hurry) to actually check what sub-forum they're in, and will just automatically assume every thread they find is about WoW.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-14 at 03:01 PM.