Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Nope, the people doing this are the ones constantly and incessantly comparing GW2 to WoW at any given opportunity in some desperate and ridiculous bid for self-validation of their game of choice
    Funny... that's what the people not in the GW2 community are doing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Oh my god, who cares if people think that The Shatterer looks like Deathwing or vice versa? I sure don't. Dragons are dragons. There are always going to be dragons in any fictional work that look like dragons from other fictional works. That's how it is. Let's just all look at the pretty artwork and go "ooh" and "aaah." Seriously, you're all arguing over something that doesn't matter at all.

Deleted
    Nope, the people doing this are the ones constantly and incessantly comparing GW2 to WoW at any given opportunity in some desperate and ridiculous bid for self-validation of their game of choice
    To be honest, this is what the Guild Wars 2 community is not doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the people doing this are the ones constantly and incessantly comparing GW2 to WoW at any given opportunity in some desperate and ridiculous bid for self-validation of their game of choice,
    Well, that makes sense doesn't it? Isn't WoW the benchmark? When you're making an MMO you're going to be compared to the most popular and dominant of the genre, this has nothing to do with only GW2 vs WoW, it's been going on since WoW launched with all MMOs, and it happened when WoW came out vs Everquest.

Personally, I could care less.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I'd rather have a release date

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care that somebody is comparing a feature of GW2 to WoW. What I personally care about is that people are drawing similarities between two different dragon concepts that have like... 2 similarities, out of a potential of hundreds. People need to pay attention to details.

Why else were all of my responses specifically pointing out the differences between the Shatterer and Deathwing? It wasn't making video game comparisons, it was simply pointing out the differences between dragons. =\
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-14 at 04:12 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    I'd rather have a release date

Haha, this.

And since I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, I love the artwork. Thanks for the share Mif!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Great artwork. But I expect nothing else from the ArenaNet artists.

It's a dragon, of course it's gonna look similar to other dragons, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    A warning: Game bashing is against the rules in this forum, so don't be surprised when you get an infraction.
    A warning: Backseat moderation is against the rules of the forum, so don't be surprised when you get an infraction.

So it seems that neither "side" can seem to be civil to one another so I'm closing this down before things get any more out of hand. Seriously guys, please be respectful of others. If you think someone is coming in and trolling/game bashing, report them and move on. Don't respond to their posts and attack them back and don't egg them on.