Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I think they should have stick to the original artwork they did for "The Shatterer" (Kralkatorrik's lieutenant)
    It's still an arcane dragon but does not look like a Deathwing ripoff
    The "new" artwork still matches that, it's just from another perspective and from a less-detailed in-game model.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Sorry had to laugh hearing something like that coming out of your mouth.
    Sigh lets put our big boy pants on and grow up ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Missed that you made a thread Mif, so I accidently posted in the One Thread.. but w/e
    Only bothered to make a thread because it's been quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The "new" artwork still matches that, it's just from another perspective and from a less-detailed in-game model.
    plus there is only so much you can put in a real game model then a art work piece

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Sorry had to laugh hearing something like that coming out of your mouth.
    The difference is, I don't bash other games in their own sub-forum.
    I believe in letting communities enjoy their game without being the jerk that has to ruin it for them.

Mif i have to ask what is your forum avatar from ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    Mif i have to ask what is your forum avatar from ?
    Photoshopped version of this

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Photoshopped version of this
    Neat ......10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    That bow is as big as Logan is....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bow is as big as Logan is....
    And the Shatterer is nearly as big as his ego

Yah its still pretty close to what the original concept art was.

Another little thing, it seems Deathwing looked nothing like he does now before Cataclysm. GW2 designed their dragon without having any idea how Blizzard would make Deathwing look, infact if they went by the previous available DW artwork they made the Shatterer look very different. But then Blizzard came with an updated model for Deathwing.

No way of really knowing which developer even put their concept art on paper first. All we know is that they both made their concept art, without being able to peek at eachother and steal eachothers design.

Jesus I never understood why people think it looks like DW, all they have in common is being huge dragons and the open chest with glowy stuff

Even if they look similar no one copied anything from one another so it's a silly discussion

Firstly, I am looking forward to play GW2, for it is finally something really new in MMORPGs. But I don't thwart my joy with looking upon every bit of information available. Just watch occasionally random stuff here and there. So, no hatred from my side, just curiosity =)

Why did they make an artwork from in-game shot? I think something like this (already mentioned in the thread) would be better.
    And the main question - why, whyy does it look so shiny? Looks like every single bone of this dragon is polished to perfection and heavily waxed. Energy stuff looks cool, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Why did they make an artwork from in-game shot?
    Why not? Helps to show off how awesome the game's actual engine is, since cinematic rendering is not typically done to show off real in-game graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a screenshot... o.0

My understanding is the image began as a screenshot and someone has drawn/painted over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The statement is that it was a screenshot of actual game content, that was then "embellished" by the lead art guy.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Why that doesn't look like deathwing at all!
    The model for The Shatterer was created LONG before Deathwing. I believe we were first shown The Shatterer in late 2007/early 2008. Cataclysm wasn't unveiled until Blizzcon 2009 (August 21, 2009) and even then, there was no model for deathwing until the beta (Summer of 2010.)

OT: I was hoping for a release date, but this is still great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    My understanding is the image began as a screenshot and someone has drawn/painted over it.
    Makes sense. You can see hints of that when you look at the detail on the hi-res version.

Deleted
    In before Zhaitan is Deathwing.
    In before Primordus is Deathwing.
    In before Kralkatorrik is Deathwing.
    In before Jormag is Deathwing.
    In before "bubbles" is Deathwing.
    In before Blizzard invented dragons.

We've had this discussion before, and if I remember correctly it didn't end well.
    Anyway cool piece of art, love Anets art department.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-05-14 at 01:45 PM.