10+ Year Old Account

How long D3 Collector's Edition is going to be on sale?

Hello friends! I've decided that I am going to buy the Diablo III Collector's Edition at some point, and was wondering if anyone knows how long it will be up for buying. I don't necessarily want to get it tomorrow because I just got off of a long break of playing WoW and just got back into it. I've seen what all it comes with and I'm anxious to own it myself
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck getting any. They aren't going to be for sale much longer, pretty much all online retailers are sold out. Your best bet is a midnight sales, or you won't ever see one .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falkan View Post
    How long D3 Collector's Edition is going to be on sale?
    The D3 CE will be on sale for as long as there are copies. The amount of copies are limited. Once they're gone, that's it.

Some people will be re-selling their copies on eBay and such sites though, but you'll be paying hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll always be on ebay but here's an idea of pricing.

Starcraft 2 CE - £100
    Catacyslm CE - £50
    Wrath of Lich King CE - £150
    Burniing Crusade CE - £300
    Vanilla WoW CE - £1000+

All Blizzard CE fetch a load on the internet and Diablo will arguable be the most costly of all because of the massive wait simialr to SC2 which by far costs more than the WoW ones based on their age.

Unless you can snag one online your chances are very,very low to actually get a CE. I pre ordered mine 6 months ago and a few stores were actually selling out / capping out on the CE.

If your really keen you can always look to ebay sites but expect prices to be high.

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    They'll always be on ebay but here's an idea of pricing.

Starcraft 2 CE - £100
    Catacyslm CE - £50
    Wrath of Lich King CE - £150
    Burniing Crusade CE - £300
    Vanilla WoW CE - £1000+

All Blizzard CE fetch a load on the internet and Diablo will arguable be the most costly of all because of the massive wait simialr to SC2 which by far costs more than the WoW ones based on their age.
    I don't see anything passing wow classic CE for a long time. In fact I saw many best buys still had SC2 CE for $50 for 1 year after release. Yes $50, $10 cheaper than standard. I thought SC2 CE was going to shoot up in price, but it didn't go above $100 for a solid year, I have friends and family still sitting on their copies waiting for it to be worth selling. I really wish I never opened my classic wow CE, seeing as it goes for $1500-2000 now.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't already preordered, you won't be getting one from an online retailer. They've been sold out (and perhaps even oversold) for months.

At this point your best bet would be to snag one of the unreserved copies in a brick and mortar shop at midnight, but it might be hard to track down.

People will be reselling them on ebay, etc., for outrageously marked up prices.

You might get lucky and fight unpurchased CEs in retail outlets even years from now, but it's all about luck. People still occasionally come across unsold WoW CE boxes in Wal-Marts, Best Buys, etc., from time to time.