View Poll Results: How was the BWE/Beta Weekend Event

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freaking amazing everything anet promised

    71 34.13%
  • It was pretty good i cant complain still in beta needs fixes but decent

    98 47.12%
  • meh it was ok i suppose nothing special really

    25 12.02%
  • terrible lol a net conned us

    14 6.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    If only the poll showed who voted what.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If only the poll showed who voted what.
    So we could see the people who voted the Anet conned us? Lolol.
    Anyone who feels conned got conned by their own hype. Everything that Anet promised is in the game. If you expected more, you should probably change where you get your information from.. because a rabid fanboy screaming "DUDE GAME IS BEST THERE IS NO QUESTS EVER AND WHEN YOU STEP ON AN ANT AN OLD LADY 500MILES AWAY GETS SICK BECAUSE EVERYTHING ALWAYS HAS SUPER CONSEQUENCES AND IT DOESN'T EVEN FEEL LIKE AN MMO AND HURRRRR" probably isn't your best source of information.

  3. #23
    Why are poll options so often retarded?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  4. #24
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    So we could see the people who voted the Anet conned us? Lolol.
    Pretty much, yes - so I could check their post history and see if they have a history of trolling, or see if they really are dumb enough to have hyped up their own expectations. Therefore, so a person's opinion in such a poll could actually carry a weight to it.

    Example: I certainly fully enjoyed my experience in the beta - but that doesn't mean I was happy with the story writing, or the game balance, or the server stability.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Why are poll options so often retarded?
    Because people don't think before posting.

  6. #26
    With little exception, Arena.net made a game almost exactly as it was pitched to us as. If you read any thing about the game or followed it's development, GW2 plays exactly as you imagined on literal spawn point 1.

    There was no aspect of GW2 design in practice I found to be oversold, obscure, difficult or obtuse. GW2 plays exactly as advertised.

  7. #27
    Its nothing revolutionary, the "quests" (using term loosely but events are still the same thing when it comes down to it) are nothing new, its the same type of quests that we have been doing for a decade, but the presentation of said objectives is much more engaging and feels funner to do. The combat feels a lot nicer and more fluid then traditional MMOs, and exploring actually feels like exploring in the game since paths to find places are not always obvious. I would say its an evolution to MMORPGs but not a revolution, its good but not perfect and some people will love it and some will hate it. All in all I find it personally enjoyable and will play a lot of it, but its not anything new in mechanics, but merely in presentation, but presentation does make a big difference on how it feels and how immersive it is.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    the "quests" (using term loosely but events are still the same thing when it comes down to it) are nothing new, its the same type of quests that we have been doing for a decade, but the presentation of said objectives is much more engaging and feels funner to do.
    This comment irks me. Yeah, they're still quests (which are basically tasks) but you really can't have a game without tasks, every game has them no matter the genre (unless it's a sandbox) the only things that are different is how they are presented.

    You make a point of the presentation being more engaging, but I just wanted to make that point more pronounced, and make the fact that they are still tasks less so, because it really is an element of all games, not just MMOs.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,778
    It was awesome, and comparable to WoW and SWTOR in their current state(s).

  10. #30
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,773
    Where is the option for "it was amazing, everything Arenanet has promised, there are things to improve on to make it even better"?

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    its the same type of quests that we have been doing for a decade
    I disagree. I felt that the objectives were fresh. I didn't have to kill 10 rats.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Iryne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland, Europe
    Posts
    881
    I voted "It was pretty good i cant complain still in beta needs fixes but decent"

    The world, the animations, art.. really _really_ wonderful, but as beta there are some things that need fixing. Dynamic Events were re-happening a bit too often and cinematics (you know, the personal story parts, etc) need tuning.

    I can not wait to get to play again. ^_^

  13. #33
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,182
    I voted "freakin amazing" but I'll admit here that I'm extremely biased.

    I voted the top choice, not to be a fanboy, but because it gave me everything that I've been looking for in a game. Now, I'm completely aware that it's not going to be the same for many other people, in fact they were probably expecting much different, but speaking personally, I'm content.

    The only problem I had was the same problem everyone else had; lag and a little bugginess. I wont hold that against the game in a beta. Now, if it launches like that, we'll have another talk.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    This comment irks me. Yeah, they're still quests (which are basically tasks) but you really can't have a game without tasks, every game has them no matter the genre (unless it's a sandbox) the only things that are different is how they are presented.

    You make a point of the presentation being more engaging, but I just wanted to make that point more pronounced, and make the fact that they are still tasks less so, because it really is an element of all games, not just MMOs.
    And by no means did I mean it in a bad way, but merely pointing out that its an evolution to a questing system, not a revolution to the way MMORPGs do things. You can have 2 games with identical mechanics with two different presentations, and have one of them feel like the worst game ever made and the other feel like the greatest game in years, presentation and engagement make a large difference in how a game feels and plays, and the way it feels and plays does feel really good for the genre, but mechanics wise its the same thing but presented different. An analogy for what I was trying to say is say you get 2 pieces of the exact same cut of beef, you take one cut grind it up and server it as hamburger, the other cut you keep whole and server as steak, both are the exact same cut with the exact same quality of meat but they both taste different and one feels higher quality then the other purely due to presentation. What we have been being served in the past is a great cut of steak that gets ground down into hamburger form to deal with the limits of what technology was when it first started coming out, having great potential but never being able to be properly presented due to limits, now we get the exact same meat but without having to be ground up because technology can handle it better now.

    By no means did I mean that in a negative light, but rather pointing out its an evolutionary step and not a revolution like some people where thinking it was going to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I disagree. I felt that the objectives were fresh. I didn't have to kill 10 rats.
    Kill, protect, collect, dispense, same objectives have been used for 30 ought years, the objectives have not changed merely the presentation. But again that is not meant to be in bad light, read my analogy from the top part of this post, same piece of meat but served in a way most people would consider higher quality. Which I agree its served higher quality and do much enjoy the game, but its the difference between taking a steak and grinding it into hamburger or serving it as steak, its not the difference between a loaf of moldy bread and a 5 course meal.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-05-14 at 05:18 PM.

  15. #35
    Pretty sure the DEs were intended to be a more organic way of delivering the same archetypal quests seen in other MMOs. The idea is presented in the Manifesto itself.

  16. #36
    Still in need of bug fixing, tweaking and balancing. But all in all it is as advertised on the box, so to speak. No real suprises now, nor during the BWE.
    But these polls are useless. Always wrong wording, and on a WoW forum you can be damned atleast half the people who said they got conned never even so much as watched 10min of gameplay footage, let alone actually played it. Yay trollbombing. And when trollbombs are becomming to big, you get the counter movement to hype-bomb it by voting its the perfect game, 10/10. No such thing exists either.

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    462
    I really just want /say and color the names by teams in WvWvW chat. I'm waiting to get outa the starting zones for pve till launch.

  18. #38
    Warchief Kallanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I voted "freakin amazing" but I'll admit here that I'm extremely biased.

    I voted the top choice, not to be a fanboy, but because it gave me everything that I've been looking for in a game. Now, I'm completely aware that it's not going to be the same for many other people, in fact they were probably expecting much different, but speaking personally, I'm content.

    The only problem I had was the same problem everyone else had; lag and a little bugginess. I wont hold that against the game in a beta. Now, if it launches like that, we'll have another talk.
    I couldn't have said this any better honestly.

  19. #39
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    I really just want /say and color the names by teams in WvWvW chat. I'm waiting to get outa the starting zones for pve till launch.
    Fact: There's a /team chat!

    A lot of people kept talking in /local assuming that /local wasn't shared, without realizing team chat was there.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    728
    1st 2 answers basicly for me, but went with number 2. As its beta after all and i encountered still a few things that needa fix. But most of them were reported already in the 1st BWE. And this stressday is just for stress testing the servers. Same client

    Overall i think the stresstest goes pretty smooth, saw all servers up on high so that indicates the same amount of players ( i think) as in the bwe (or more)
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •