Deleted

A few last minute questions?

With the launch tomorrow there are a few questions that I'm yet to find explained in a straight forward way. I've searched the net and a few pages on this site and I'm yet to find a answer so If I've missed it and you can show me where it is I'll be grateful, I'f not any answers would be really helpful.

As I understand there are 4 different difficulties? and you start on normal to get to around lvl30 which is story complete. Then you redo the whole game on hell/nightmare and eventually inferno to get to the higher levels?

So my understanding is you have to re play the game 4 times to get the highest level and get the rare items ect ect? Won't that get a little boring as the story is repeated with the same cut scenes ect? or does the story change in someone.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm seriously excited for this game despite never playing Diablo1/2 (Which I'm going to buy sometime down the line as I've heard nothing but great stuff about them) and I will have no problem replaying the game over again as I've done it countless of times with Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean games.

Deleted
    You dont replay the game, you can get to level 60, in normal, nightmare, hell. then when you hit level 60, in any of those, Inferno will be unlocked, but Inferno will only be for level 60's and it will lay weight on downing Diablo on the hardest way possibel.

there are 4 difficulties that unlock when the one before it has been completed. Yes you will be around level 30 when you finish the game on normal, however you can level to 60 in normal if you wish, you would just be grinding mobs though.
    The higher difficulties drop better items so it is best to play them if you wish to get the best gear you can.
    No the story does not change. The maps layout changes as its random, but the story and quests are the same. This is how Diablo has always been.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    You dont replay the game, you can get to level 60, in normal, nightmare, hell. then when you hit level 60, in any of those, Inferno will be unlocked, but Inferno will only be for level 60's and it will lay weight on downing Diablo on the hardest way possibel.
    just to add, you do have to finish Hell before you can do Inferno. The difference is that even if you finish hell to unlock it you still can not play it until level 60.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply's.

Think I get it now, guess I'll just have to wait another night until I can play it

First of all, I seriously doubt you can get 60 in normal, as the mobs are like level 30 max. (Very last boss is level 30 on normal).

Secondly, yes, that's how it's played - You go through all of them, from normal to nightmare to hell and then finally at 60 Inferno unlocks. Devs have said a couple of times that to be able to 'compete' in Inferno you should probably grind Hell for gear a little while.

Is it boring? Well, no. It's Diablo - It's hard to explain to someone who never has played Diablo 1 or 2 when it was 'recent' why it's so fun to (re)play, but basically it boils down to gameplay... It's some of the MOST FUN gameplay I have ever experienced, both solo as well as coop or with more friends.

Add in that you don't stop gaining new abilities at 30 (like you did in D2) but get new ones all the way to 57 or so with new Rune unlocks and the fact that normal shouldn't pose any threat at all to decent gamers and you should be set for a whole lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing different compared to other games, you play it once - there you have it.
    Diablo is renowned for it's replay-value.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water