Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    When I installed the beta, I had the same problem. Windows Vista 64-bit. It took me forever to figure out that I was on service pack 1 instead of service pack 2 (I'd hidden service pack 2 way back when, I guess). If you're on service pack 1 for Windows Vista, it will not work. You'll need to update to service pack 2.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by thsoern View Post
    if you install the new installer into the same dictanory, you only have to redownload like 50mb
    I'm willing to bet there's gonna be loads of people having problems installing because they choose the wrong directory. You need to select the parent dir of the "Diablo-III-8370-xxxx-Installer" dir, not select that dir itself. A friend of mine made the error himself and ended up with a "Diablo-III-8370-xxxx-Installer/Diablo-III-8370-xxxx-Installer" dir. Then people just go into the first one not realising that is the unupdated data and get errors.

  3. #23
    Field Marshal Vykina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    When I installed the beta, I had the same problem. Windows Vista 64-bit. It took me forever to figure out that I was on service pack 1 instead of service pack 2 (I'd hidden service pack 2 way back when, I guess). If you're on service pack 1 for Windows Vista, it will not work. You'll need to update to service pack 2.
    I'm on SP2, however I now need help with something different, since I can't even get the launcher to open anymore, just stuck on various stages of Updating Setup Files -_-

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 05:22 PM ----------

    I've now tried every single Updating Setup Files fix and none work what so ever. Googling is completely useless also since all of the D3 threads just give me 404. Had exact same issues with MoP Beta Launcher. Probably the worst game installer I've ever seen in 10+ years of gaming.
    Last edited by Vykina; 2012-05-14 at 04:08 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    I'm on SP2, however I now need help with something different, since I can't even get the launcher to open anymore, just stuck on various stages of Updating Setup Files -_-
    Go to your task manager. Shut down all instances of Agent.exe. Go to the C:\ProgramData directory, and Delete the battle.net directory.

    Run the installer again.

  5. #25
    Field Marshal Vykina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    63
    This was the fix, hopefully this helps other people that might be in this same situation.

    If you try running the Diablo III Setup.exe file and nothing appears to be happening, check to see if the Windows Service for Secondary Logon is enabled. The game requires it and will not run if it's disabled. To check, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to the Secondary Logon service. Right click it and select properties. Make sure the Startup Type is NOT set to Disabled. Any other setting is ok. This service being disabled may also cause the system to appear to hang during the "Updating Setup Files" portion when run.

  6. #26
    Wait, that agent.exe problem sounds like something that was happening in the Beta. You people did delete/uninstall the beta, as is suggested before installing, yes?

  7. #27
    Field Marshal sophiemj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    57
    The installer was unable to read the file "Diablo III/Diablo III.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg".

    On Mac OS X. Anyone know why this is happening?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by thsoern View Post
    if you install the new installer into the same dictanory, you only have to redownload like 50mb
    for me the god damn new installer decided to delete one of the large .MPQ files and now its re-downloading another 3gb again :/
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    This was the fix, hopefully this helps other people that might be in this same situation.

    If you try running the Diablo III Setup.exe file and nothing appears to be happening, check to see if the Windows Service for Secondary Logon is enabled. The game requires it and will not run if it's disabled. To check, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to the Secondary Logon service. Right click it and select properties. Make sure the Startup Type is NOT set to Disabled. Any other setting is ok. This service being disabled may also cause the system to appear to hang during the "Updating Setup Files" portion when run.
    This worked for me for both the updating forever problem (be sure to delete the battle.net folder as detailed above as well) and the not installing problem. Thanks!
    I didn't need to set any compatibility mode in the end. Seems that service being disabled caused all of the issues.

    For completeness sake: I ended up enabling that service, deleting the battle.net folder and in the Blizzard Entertainment folder (also in ProgramData) deleting the subfolder called cache. I'm not sure if deleting the cache had any effect but I thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited by Digits; 2012-05-14 at 05:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •