Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

D3 Installer Problem

Hey,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this issue, taken a few screens also of what I'm doing.

Clicking install

Changing directory to C:\ and then clicking Agree

This error comes up, more information shows my operating system as supported, clicking okay either returns me to the previous picture or advances me to another screen that says Activated Yes/No, if I click yes really fast, then I get the next screen.

But it just sticks here forever.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Deleted
    I heard you can choose in properties to run it as windows xp 64bit sp3 and it should be ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rirkla View Post
    I heard you can choose in properties to run it as windows xp 64bit sp3 and it should be ok.
    Tried with and without that option and still get the same result :/

Deleted
    try run as administrator or something. About the windows xp I read someone had the same problem on the diablo forum and they did that and it started to work so I dont really know what else.

Dont know if you have an old pre install downloader. They did release a new one 2 days ago so if u have an old one redownload.

well the question is, what operating system are you running?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... so I hate to ask the obvious, but what OS are you actually running? Kinda strange to make that post and not mention it, when that's what the error specifically mention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    well the question is, what operating system are you running?
    Windows Vista 64bit, not upgrading until my new computer parts arrive in a few weeks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just get "An unexpected error has occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support".....
    The "please try again"-part of course doesn't work.. Really lovely blizzard, than you sign up for a year-pass on Wow, and the free game you get with it doesn't work.. woep woep, freakin, woep!

I'm having the same issue. I'm running win7 64bit. Just tried setting compatibility to windows 7 and now it's going crazy between updating setup files and trying to launch something, over and over.

Deleted
    The guy on the diablo forum also had windows vista 64bit so I was sure he had it and it seems he did. Dunno why it didnt work for you to choose other OS.

Deleted
    What OS are you using? If it's XP SP1 they've stated that it won't be supported.

have you tried running as admin? because your OP should be fine. I mean the game will run on XP is im correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Windows Vista 64bit, not upgrading until my new computer parts arrive in a few weeks.
    You need SP1 to run Diablo 3.

Deleted
    Remember to download the latest installer. If i remember correctly, they updated the installer a couple of days ago and you need to re-download everything since there was files missing in the old installer.

Make sure you have the latest service pack...

Req: Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/ Download english version of this to the same folder as ur installer is in.

Deleted
    I have the latest service pack and have tried running as admin, after closing the 0% installer I'm now stuck once again on the dreaded updating setup files screen.

/sigh

win7 64bit ultimate here
    no problem

maybe try Windows Update then install

Quote Originally Posted by Lalonna View Post
    Remember to download the latest installer. If i remember correctly, they updated the installer a couple of days ago and you need to re-download everything since there was files missing in the old installer.
    if you install the new installer into the same dictanory, you only have to redownload like 50mb

When I installed the beta, I had the same problem. Windows Vista 64-bit. It took me forever to figure out that I was on service pack 1 instead of service pack 2 (I'd hidden service pack 2 way back when, I guess). If you're on service pack 1 for Windows Vista, it will not work. You'll need to update to service pack 2.