Tried Asia region: "No license." Oh noes!

First and foremost, no QQ here. Just want to get feedback on my theory and see if I have cause to be alarmed, or if everything is "working as intended."

My B.net info for D3 is as follows:
    PRODUCT LEVEL: Diablo® III Standard Edition
    ACCOUNT STATUS: ACTIVE
    REGION: Global

(My D3 license is from the Annual Pass.)

Now, I installed the client and went ahead and tried to login (honestly, who wouldn't): "Servers are down for maintenance." OK, no surprise there. "What's this? Assssiiiiiaaaa? Yes, I shall try it." Went ahead and logged in and, after accepting 3 (!) different ToS contracts, I get: "This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III license attached to it." OK, THAT surprised me. I know Blizzard said global would be turned off until all regions have gone live, but I didn't expect a "no license" error. Does this mean that licenses are still regional, and that Blizzard just removes the restrictions at a later date? Or could this be a sign that there's a problem with my "active" license? I'd rather not call in if I can save the poor Blizzard CSRs a headache they don't need, but now would be the time if there's truly an issue. Perhaps someone else could try it with their license and see if tgey get the same error?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Speculation is certainly welcome, as I know no one's likely to have an "official" answer. (I'd post on the forums, but my WoW account is inactive and apparently SC2 doesn't count now.)

I think just wait till release and check. I'm guessing you completed paying the annual pass?

Global play is not activet yet, your account is region locked.

Meaning you don't have a valid asian license.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

your account is fine, it just means there is no diablo key license connected to the asian servers. you would get the same error if you tried to log into a US server when your account is an EU account

I'm assuming you're trying to get into the Asian servers but are located in someplace other than Asia. You would need to have an Asian D3 account to access the Asian servers right now; you cannot access other regions until your own region is unlocked.

OK, thanks all. There goes my plan of trying to login into the EU servers in 6 hours.

Ariselia: Completed? No. I doubt anyone is, but as far as I know, there's no reason to assume my Annual Pass isn't in good standing. I'll check though, just to be sure.

Global Play Launch Time
    We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We’ll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you’ll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game’s options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't access the other regions beyond your own untill the American ones have opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently even people in Asia can't connect to servers if they bought a US client to play an English version of the game. They'll have to wait for global servers to go live before they can connect. There are multiple threads about this on the official D3 technical support forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselia View Post
    I think just wait till release and check. I'm guessing you completed paying the annual pass?
    you do not have to complete the annual pass to play Diablo. Otherwise nobody would sign up for it as we would all be waiting a year before we could play. Try looking your info up before posting.