Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Stupid live action shows.

I think it has more to do with we just remember our cartoons being good when we were children, we don't watch the stuff anymore we just remember enjoying watching it. And of course now if we try to watch cartoons it will all seem cheesy and stupid and not something 'of the quality we remember' so it leaves us with 2 options.

1.Cartoons have been getting progressively worse

or

2.We remember our old cartoons fondly from when we were kids but if you took away the fond memory of them and made us watch them now we would dislike them as much as the ones we see on TV now. Cartoons are made for kids, and so yes rarely there will be cartoons that we may enjoy, but overall we will just sit and think 'This is terrible quality compared to the cartoons back in my days'.

So basically we are taking the first steps towards becoming the old people who say 'back in my days' criticizing what the new generation enjoys and only remembering our fondness from back in our generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon, Digimon, Yu Gi Oh, toonami (with Dragon Ball Z/GT, One Piece, and Naruto). Now they have like.... lego ninjago or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Look at what they did to the power rangers ffs...it's to be expected from this generation -.- poor kids don't even know what good entertainment is anymore.

Fuck that! DRAGON DRAGON, DRAGON DRAGON! DRAGONBALL Z

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing with kids shows now as the animation has gotten better in todays cartoons but the art style is horrible :S

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    isnt it normal to like the things that were popular in ur age? imo its always like people disliking something thats not in ur "time" , todays kids will be exactly same in the next 30 years=D

Not really agree with you. I grew up watching kids shows around the late 80's early 90's like Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, Batman: TAS, Thundercats, Duck Tales, Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, (the list goes on)

But to say that I would bash anything thats out currently is wrong. There are still some good shows out now, the new Thundercats I love, Young Justice is pretty good and the Avengers cartoon is pretty sweet too.

Although as the Nostalgia Critic reviewed looking back on our childhood cartoons are sometimes worth a good laugh.

Last edited by Orby; 2012-05-16 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They watch My Little Pony n stuff like that :/ We will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Fuck that! DRAGON DRAGON, DRAGON DRAGON! DRAGONBALL Z
    Damnit, now I have to go watch that again just for that part.

Deleted
    I agree with you, although i have a terrible hate on Dora, the Explorer... I always tryed to point her in the wrong direction hahaha lmao xD

I'm just gonna try to catch some cartoons i watched in my youth and show them too my kids if the programs are still crappy these days.

I have a feeling when I have kids I'll be buying some of those old Looney Tunes collections and stuff for my kids to watch. As well as the Mickey Mouse ones and whatever others I can find. I LOVED watching The Peanuts when I was growing up...I still love them to this day. Anytime I have a chance to get something with Snoopy, Woodstock, or any of the peanuts gang I usually do. It's become a tradition for me and my husband to watch all their holiday specials every year. But I do agree...most of the "new" shows out these days are rather lame. I can't stand Spongebob and will do everything in my power to keep that annoying sponge out of my home lol. But if my kids LIKE some of the new stuff on tv...even if I consider it garbage...I'm not going to keep them from watching it. Instead I'll show them quality stuff later and maybe they'll beg me to put in that classic Disney movie every single day over and over...lol. Watching Winnie the Pooh a million times in a row > watching one episode of spongebob.

Deleted
    My little girl (she is 2 1/2) watches Phineas and Ferb, Almost Naked Animals, Something Special (Mr Tumble is awesome ), Big and Small, The Lingo Show and Numtums. Other than those she prefers to look at books and play with her toys. Phineas and Ferb is actually quite good, I love Perry the Platypus and Almost Naked Animals is hilarious. The others, excluding Big and Small, are educational. Something Special teaches sign language, Numtums teaches numbers and The Lingo Show teaches different languages (French being the one she has been most responsive to) My husband often puts on Pokemon and tries to get her to watch it but I think she is a little young for it still.

I totally understand where you are coming from though, a lot of the cartoons these days are utterly terrible especially that My Little Pony one!! Bring back the likes of Ren and Stimpy, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls (squeeeee!!!!!) and Ed, Edd and Eddy those were all ace! The icing on the cake would be Mysterious Cities of Gold, I grew up watching that, it was just the best cartoon ever!!!!

Deleted
    I grew up on LSD

Kenneth Williams (oh matron)

And The world's greatest secret agent

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the kids shows of our youth were mostly terrible. Now a days kids can enjoy Adventure Time, MLP, Regular show... etc.
    It's just like saying todays music sucks, it does, but so did the music of the 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Captain Nintendo and the moomins was the shizzle.

15+ Year Old Account
    last summer i crashed at a mates for a week, his 3 year old son woke me up each morning (the joys of sleeping on the sofa) by jumping on me asking me to put peppa pig on for him...

when i was that age i was screaming for thundercats and visionaries . . .

When I grew up, all the TV shows that I'd watch my parents would be able to watch them too. Like Hey Arnold, Boy Meets World, Rupert, etc. Nowadays parents could never watch tv with their kids, the shows are just too dumb... you don't learn anything from them too.

south park, family guy and archer are good wholesome cartoons
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Power Rangers still going, always watched that show (the original one not the spin offs)

GO GO POWER RANGERS !!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on, these days even kids don't watch kids shows, and when they do, it's not willingly. It's forced upon by their parents and that's what gets them to buy games like Call of Duty or any fps. /tinfoil. Seriously though, MLP, best morning cartoon this generation.