Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    spacetoon, when it was cool!
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

My niece watches Disney Movies and Spongebob, she also really likes Hey Arnold! and Rugrats. Thanks to me and my sister, we made sure to show her shows we grew up watching and she adores them. Oh, and Courage the Cowardly Dog, she loves Courage the few times I have showed her it.

Also, Adventure Time is probably the only good kid's show on TV anymore. (I use the term kid show very loosely...)

Quote Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
    My little girl (she is 2 1/2) watches Phineas and Ferb, Almost Naked Animals, Something Special (Mr Tumble is awesome ), Big and Small, The Lingo Show and Numtums. Other than those she prefers to look at books and play with her toys. Phineas and Ferb is actually quite good, I love Perry the Platypus and Almost Naked Animals is hilarious. The others, excluding Big and Small, are educational. Something Special teaches sign language, Numtums teaches numbers and The Lingo Show teaches different languages (French being the one she has been most responsive to) My husband often puts on Pokemon and tries to get her to watch it but I think she is a little young for it still.

I totally understand where you are coming from though, a lot of the cartoons these days are utterly terrible especially that My Little Pony one!! Bring back the likes of Ren and Stimpy, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls (squeeeee!!!!!) and Ed, Edd and Eddy those were all ace! The icing on the cake would be Mysterious Cities of Gold, I grew up watching that, it was just the best cartoon ever!!!!
    Ren and stimpy is definitely not a kids show.

I do hope your husband can get your ddaughter into Pokemon though it's the greatest thing ever Not the new show just Pokemon in general

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone just says the same thing about every generations tv shows, this thread just bugs me
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

The Aquabats! Super Show! is one of the best shows I have seen a long while. lots of nostalgia references. not to mention tons of surprise guest from Weird Al, Jon Heder, Rip taylor and a bunch of random celebrities. Created by the lead singer of The Aquabats! he is also the creator for Yo Gabba Gabba.

(i cant post videos yet but just give it a shot, google the The Aquabats! Super Show!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon in the 80s and 90s were good.

Now it's...Adventure Time. Horrible show, makes my eyes want to vomit.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a kid but I do watch a few "kid" shows......Adventure time, Regular Show, Young justice, and Avengers. I would highly recommend Young Justice, very good plots and great action scenes.....they even turned one of my most hated superhero's into one of my favs.....that being Aquaman's sidekick "Aqualad", even his name is lame! But they gave him these powers called "hard water technique" which lets him turn water into weapons like swords, maces, and even a shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Actually if you go back and watch the TMNT or GI Joe cartoons their pretty terrible. Not saying I didn't enjoy them as a child and I don't have fond memories of them.. but in hindsight and having re-watched some. I can say their not great.
    I actually agree with this. I watched some old school TMNT and Thundercats a few months ago. Quite bad. All nostalgia IMO, which is how it goes with everything.

"Back in my day, these cartoons had substance...."

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for kids these days, they aren't allowed to watch the quality kids shows that we were watching.
    Words to live by. Same goes for video games.

I tried to show these kids I babysit the wonderful world of the 16-bit SNES era. They refused to play because the graphics were "too crappy" for them. I wanted to punch them for being a graphics > gameplay person >_>;

But yeah, the shows today are god awful and stupid as hell. I actually used to watch Cartoon Network/Nick as a growing teen (around 14-16 even), as they used to have some funny stuff. I don't think I've been back on those channels for at least 5 years.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Actually if you go back and watch the TMNT or GI Joe cartoons their pretty terrible. Not saying I didn't enjoy them as a child and I don't have fond memories of them.. but in hindsight and having re-watched some. I can say their not great.
    Because tastes/opinions/nothing changes as you get older.

I remember when I loved Hey Arnold! on Nickelodeon as a kid. I watched it on Netflix last year and wondered why the fuck I loved it so much.

I'll definitely agree that some older shows were bad as well, but the stuff today is near unwatchable x.x;
    Even if the older stuff is bad as an adult, it may have been fine as a kid (in my case, Hey Arnold!). The stuff today I wouldn't dare watch even as a kid.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-05-17 at 09:19 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Words to live by. Same goes for video games.

I tried to show these kids I babysit the wonderful world of the 16-bit SNES era. They refused to play because the graphics were "too crappy" for them. I wanted to punch them for being a graphics > gameplay person >_>;

You have to get them when they're little with that. :P

My niece LOVES OOT, and Kirby anything. I hooked her in really early.