Diablo 3 Not accepting my graphics card

So I have this little problem here with launching Diablo 3. When I launch it and click play I get a window telling me this:

"We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III.

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670"

I clicked OK and I was directed to the list of supported graphics card, I checked and my graphics card was never mentioned in that list.
    So I basically researched a little bit more and stumbled into this list which says that ATI Radeon HD 5670 is supported and will be able to run the game on medium settings.

I hope I'll be able to play this game anyway through some changes in codes or anything really. I bought this computer around 2 years ago and I never thought that my graphics card would be outdated already for games, especially games from Blizzard which I've been playing without any problem.

Anyone else with this kind of problem? Would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

hit ESC key, not the OK button

Deleted
    Update your drivers?

maybe try updating to the latest drivers? that might help

Make sure you've installed the latest driver for your card.

I don't know if you're on 32bit or 64bit W7 so here's links to both versions.

32bit
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista32.aspx

64bit
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a known issue... see us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4876967911?page=1#0

Edit: i know it says 5500s but I did it and it worked for me. So who knows, try everything.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. But notwen got it there. I tried to push the ESC button instead of OK and it let me in. So I guess its some kind of bug then. God I was terrified for a while there.

Thank you so so so so much notwen for that! <3 I guess I was silly enough to not try the ESC button. Really big thank you. Thank you Atreuce for the link, I must've missed it.

And thanks to all the others who posted. My issue has been resolved so this thread can be locked I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziee View Post
    I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. But notwen got it there. I tried to push the ESC button instead of OK and it let me in. So I guess its some kind of bug then. God I was terrified for a while there.

Thank you so so so so much notwen for that! <3 I guess I was silly enough to not try the ESC button. Really big thank you.

And thanks to all the others who posted. My issue has been resolved so this thread can be locked I guess.
    u r welcome

I think I remember seeing something about a particular driver version for ATI cards that is not supported as well. I think Catalyst 12.4 is specifically not supported, but I don't think that is with your particular card/driver combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I think I remember seeing something about a particular driver version for ATI cards that is not supported as well. I think Catalyst 12.4 is specifically not supported, but I don't think that is with your particular card/driver combination.
    Yeah, people with Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 or 4500 series should install a hotfix if they're using the 12.4 driver(Vista/Win 7).

Hotfix:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...24ahotfix.aspx

It told me my drivers we're out of date (I have a HD6970 and run 11.9 drivers), and then I clicked "no" and continued to the game. Though I have just installed 12.4 drivers, I kept using 11.9 as 12.2 and 12.3 were causing some pretty serious crashes on my computer.

Only reason I installed 12.4 is because the audio and video in the cinematics in D3 was out of sync. Haven't tested if its fixed the problem.

Im having a simular problem ive tryed hitting esc and it just closed D3 im using a GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m with W7 Im able to run WoW with it but D3 says no any help also ive already updated them and they were already up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the same card (Radeon 5670 HD) and i have no problem, ran the beta on high/max without problem too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avacarde View Post
    Im having a simular problem ive tryed hitting esc and it just closed D3 im using a GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m Im able to run WoW with it but D3 says no any help also ive already updated them and they were already up to date.
    I'm sorry to say, but your card appears to be on the list of unsupported videocards.

I have a HD Radeon 5450... loaded up just fine for me. I think it is something to do with the lastest update to it, just do a roll back.. and bam it should *keyword SHOULD* work

I read about this. Some grahpics card must NOT have the newest update, but a previous one to the newest. It was written by the devs. I'm unsure of which ones though.

Imho D3 should work for you, just ignore those messages.

And don't listen to people who advice to update drivers: it's Radeon - Do Not Update Catalyst for Radeon Ever! Only use native one which comes on disk with video card. They won't put any dread version (like 12.2) of Catalyst on disk, newest drivers =/= good (at least for Radeon, which happens to release very bad drivers from time to time).

First download the game. I couldnt do it from my disc due to the error message but was able to do it from the "pre launch" download.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
    - DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
    - HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
    When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME! I found it online after hours of searching and the game now loads!
    I dont have any issues with quality of graphics or speed issues......I hope this works for you guys as well!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Deleted
    Weird. I play the game on max on a HD 5670, and it runs really smoothly.

Maybe it's a driver issue. Have you tried updating?

I want to thank karselis for makeing my day!!!!!!

if this what is said on your laptop or computer

"We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III.

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
    Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
    - DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
    - HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
    When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.