Deleted

D3 downloader problem.

Greetings!
    As the title says, I'm kinda having problems with the download of D3.
    The downloading speed is great, and when it actually finishes downloading 7.60GB of 7.60GB, it dosn't say "Finished" it just says "Downloading..."; I've let it stay like that for 20 minutes, thinking that there was something else that needed downloading.After 20 minutes, I canceled the whole thing and tried installing D3 via setup.It got stuck at 1%, and gave me an error wich said something like .." download can't continue, missing file: tome2.mpq ", wich is rather odd, because the downloading tool showed 7.60gb of 7.60gb downloaded.
    Any help ?

Deleted
    Step 1, post in the relevant forum.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 Tech Support Forum http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
    Diablo 3 Mac Tech Support Forum http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386228/
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

i assume a mod will move the thread so ill answer

start the downloader again and point it to the place you have your other files
    even when it reach 100% it doesnt mean its 100% since the downloader is f2p or even in direct he will put the files in temp place then merge them and move them to the folder so just wait till its finished can take up to 30min maybe more

Quote Originally Posted by Marizza View Post
    Run the download file as administrator. If you click "cancel" you will fail the file transformation. Just must let the download window finish and switch to the installation window. Make sure you have the correct EU/US version and you can check this thread - eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008341699?page=1
    This. After downloading the installer unpacks Tome Installer x.MPQE.Temp into Tome Installer x.MPQE. If you disrupt this process you are left with 2 corrupted files.
    Took almost 15 minutes on my PC, so a little patience

If you need links to the original early download you can find them here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...oad_links_all/

The one off B.net is the same one people used for the beta download and will ignore what you already have downloaded. If you use this it'll check the files and then download the .part files you deleted. Just make sure to point it to your already existing folder with the other files. (Don't accidentally redownload it twice in the same folder though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    It finally said "Finished Downloading.. ", got it to install to 50%, then I got the error again saying tome3.mpq can't be opened.It's geting really frustrating because the opening hours are geting reall close! Thanks for the tips anyways, I'll try some more.

Quote Originally Posted by darkharl View Post
    It finally said "Finished Downloading.. ", got it to install to 50%, then I got the error again saying tome3.mpq can't be opened.It's geting really frustrating because the opening hours are geting reall close! Thanks for the tips anyways, I'll try some more.
    Check your download folder. If there is a .MPQE.Part file, run the downloader again and wait for it to actually finish. The installer will pop up automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by darkharl View Post
    When you finish installing it entirely...
    can you confirm that the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\diablo III
    7.76 GB (8,343,506,342 bytes)
    40 Files, 14 Folders

40 files, 14 folders... and 7.76GB range...
    Somewhat i want someone to confirm it before i go to bed -_- so i wake up at opening time...

Quote Originally Posted by NeDra View Post
    When you finish installing it entirely...
    can you confirm that the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\diablo III
    7.76 GB (8,343,506,342 bytes)
    40 Files, 14 Folders

40 files, 14 folders... and 7.76GB range...
    Somewhat i want someone to confirm it before i go to bed -_- so i wake up at opening time...

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    thank
    just reinstalled figured the 41% bug error...
    the Installer Tome 3.MPQE was missing well it was Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part somehow thus missing a file.
    Fixed it and reinstalled entirely to be sure.

I got
    Size: 7.76 GB (8,343,507,623 bytes)
    Size on disk: 7.77 GB (8,343,601,152 bytes)
    Contains: 40 Files, 14 Folders
    this was by installing it from Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer and updating after.

20kb difference isn't much, i can live with that ^^
    Must be the
    - D3Debug.txt
    - Diablo III Install Log.html
    - Blizzard Updater Log.html
    which are logs file
    total of those 3 files are
    35.9 KB (36,802 bytes)
    40.0 KB (40,960 bytes)
    I installed it on D since my C is a SSD and limited space...
    sad would of loaded so much faster...
    Might switch it...

you need to let it finish, I had the same issue, it making Tome 3.MPQE.Part into Tome 3.MPQE, which takes a while, you need to let it continue, untill it stops, took me 3 downloads to realize XD
    you need to let it keep 'downloading', else it will bug out
    you can, if you didn't delete the folder, you can make it continue from where it left off

Quote Originally Posted by NeDra View Post
    thank
    just reinstalled figured the 41% bug error...
    the Installer Tome 3.MPQE was missing well it was Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part somehow thus missing a file.
    Fixed it and reinstalled entirely to be sure.

I got
    Size: 7.76 GB (8,343,507,623 bytes)
    Size on disk: 7.77 GB (8,343,601,152 bytes)
    Contains: 40 Files, 14 Folders
    this was by installing it from Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer and updating after.

20kb difference isn't much, i can live with that ^^
    Must be the
    - D3Debug.txt
    - Diablo III Install Log.html
    - Blizzard Updater Log.html
    which are logs file
    total of those 3 files are
    35.9 KB (36,802 bytes)
    40.0 KB (40,960 bytes)
    I installed it on D since my C is a SSD and limited space...
    sad would of loaded so much faster...
    Might switch it...
    Interesting quote you made there o.O Did that go automatically?

I have it on my SSD. Still 59GB free space, enough for me