Elemental Shaman Beginner's PvP Guide 4.3

Hey guys, my name (nickname) is Shag and I just made a video on learning the gist of Elemental Shaman's in PvP. I've just started doing videos, as I have been away from WoW for a while, and I will continue posting videos if they are found helpful.

Simply search "bylandab" on YouTube and click my profile, it will be the first video. I cannot quite post links on MMO-Champ cause I haven't contributed much but thought I would start!

Once again, this is just a simple guide, by no means does this cover the entire PvP aspect of Ele Sham's, if you found this helpful whatsoever, let me know by liking, subscribing, and commenting. Feel free to ask anything on either this forum or my YouTube.

Hope ya like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    next time try puting some emotions into vid , almost fallen asleep after 2min...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    next time try puting some emotions into vid , almost fallen asleep after 2min...
    Haha note taken, sorry!

I gotta give an Elemental shaman some credit, but I have to disagree with some of what you say.

1. Stoneclaw Glyph is around 16.5K absorb, not 25K
    2. You shouldn't drop down grounding at the beginning of a fight. Use it for a burst spell or CC. It's far to valuable to get eaten up by a spammable spell.
    3. There is no guaranteed crit with EM (unless its used w/LvB and you have FS on the target)
    4. The +15% damage and +20% haste starts as soon as you cast EM, it doesn't matter when you use the instant.
    5. Cant use SCT with other earth totems. IE. you can't protect tremor like you claim.
    6. Most people pick up FS glyph instead of LB.
    7. You should time your burst instead of just randomly hitting spells or using a "rotation". Elemental is all about burst and wasting it at inopportune times will loose you games.
    8. You can glyph EM for 20% damage reduction. It's not optimal, but its better than dying since everyone just trains elemental shaman in arenas/rbgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    I gotta give an Elemental shaman some credit, but I have to disagree with some of what you say.

2. You shouldn't drop down grounding at the beginning of a fight. Use it for a burst spell or CC. It's far to valuable to get eaten up by a spammable spell.
    3. There is no guaranteed crit with EM (unless its used w/LvB and you have FS on the target)
    4. The +15% damage and +20% haste starts as soon as you cast EM, it doesn't matter when you use the instant.
    5. Cant use SCT with other earth totems. IE. you can't protect tremor like you claim.
    7. You should time your burst instead of just randomly hitting spells or using a "rotation". Elemental is all about burst and wasting it at inopportune times will loose you games.
    8. You can glyph EM for 20% damage reduction. It's not optimal, but its better than dying since everyone just trains elemental shaman in arenas/rbgs.
    As I've said, I haven't played very much for the past few months and was just trying out something new with videos and guides and what not :P But thanks for the constructive criticism, next time it will be better

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post

Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

How to play an Elemental Shaman in PVP:

1) Respec Resto
    2) Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

1) Respec Resto
    2) Profit
    Sad as it is, it's pretty much true

1) Respec Resto
    2) Profit
    hahahaha i laughed... and pretty much yea.

oh on a side note, ele is pretty good with legendary and a mage partner
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

1) Respec Resto
    2) Profit
    3) Get repeatedly raped by triple dps
    4) Switch to Enh and only play random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaos View Post
    3) Get repeatedly raped by triple dps
    4) Switch to Enh and only play random BGs.
    If that's the case, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    If that's the case, you're doing it wrong.
    Of course I am, you have all the data available to draw that conclusion.