Stuck at "Updating setup files...."

Hey, just downloaded Diablo 3 and after I launched the setup.exe a little update window shows up. But its stuck around 70%

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Tried to reopen the file in administrator mode?

tried it. Also tried out this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606

Some times it stuck at 30% other around 70%

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.
    from http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/...tup-files-fix/

Deleted the battle.net folder. Works now. Thank you ^^

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 11:24 PM ----------

And now it turns out my SP is not updated. GG. Last time I tried updating those...well...had to reinstall my whole PC after lol :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Deleted the battle.net folder. Works now. Thank you ^^

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 11:24 PM ----------

And now it turns out my SP is not updated. GG. Last time I tried updating those...well...had to reinstall my whole PC after lol :P
    Wow I wish you the best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some fixes for being stuck at/looping on "Updating System Files"

Fix #1

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen.

Fix #2

Right click on the Diablo 3 setup file you downloaded via the Blizzard Downloader

Select Properties > Compatibility > Check Run this in Compatibility Mode for… > Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3) (Note: Does not work on Vista.)

Right Click the Icon, Run as Administrator.

Fix #3

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder.

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net Cache folder.

Run the Downloader again, as administrator, and see if it gets past the “Updating Setup Files” window. If not, see Fix #1.

Alternate location: C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data
    Application Data is a a hidden file so you'll need to click tools > folder options > view tab and check show hidden files and folders.

If still nothing search your computer for agent.exe and DELETE IT (if it's in a battle.net folder only)

FYI: Fix #1 worked for me. Mine was just looping and looping and was fixed instantly.

Deleted
    tried all 3, still stuck
    I hate blizzard, ever since they installed their stupid "updating setup files.." on beta and now d3, i can't download anything and it keeps stucking it self at 90%...
    Seriously, If I can't play because of something so shi*y...

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend is running on Windows XP Right now; tried all 3 options for the Fix listed above, and none worked... Is there anything else we can try?

Are there any other fixes for this because i am STILL stuck getting this god damned error and it is getting annoying.

Deleted
    For a brand new game on the market we started off on the wrong foot.
    Initial installation i did over a week ago worked now i have to download a 65 meg file to run the game which i already downloaded and unpacked.
    Get up in the morning to try the new game and spend the next three hours trying to run the bloody thing. Spent time on forums trying to figure out WTH is going on.
    Get your shit together Blizzard! This feels the same as If you go to a Mercedes car show and put a roll of cash on the cashier to buy and into your Benz to find out IT DOESN'T HAVE A STEERING WHEEL! WTF!

EDIT: I typed this while waiting for "Updating Setup Files" to fix itself after going through Step 1 to 3. Step 3 fixed my problem, but now i feel like i am using a "broken" product because i had to go through this procedure for a game released today... GREAT START!
    Last edited by mmoca10a2d67c5; 2012-05-15 at 08:10 AM.

Fix #2/#3 didn't work for me, Fix #1 DID.

EVERYONE TRY FIX #1 IF 2 & 3 DO NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Calm down & don't freak out, it'll all be ok!! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the fixes worked for some. I should have mentioned that fix #1 worked for me on Windows 7.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    Running the installer, and while stuck in the "Updating files", kill agent.exe in Task Manager. Some report that it took few kills before it started to work, but as these issues with MoP/D3 seem to be based on some black magic, nobody knows..

I'm trying this right now, when I kill Agent.exe, the bar moves about 1/4 of an inch. When Agent.exe pops back up, the bar moves back 1/4 of an inch. I'm trying to download the MoP client, and it's also happening with the D3 client. When I first start them up, it asks me to log into my broadband network, which makes no sense.

Deleted
    i think this solution dont fails. Try it.

Warcraft is updating system files

- Control Panel
    - User Account
    - manage another account
    - Activate Guest Acount

now close everything

- start
    - change user
    - login on guest acount
    - now go to warcraft location (in guest account) open the warcraft launcher and it will start to update correctly

Have fun