Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well I got a few hours of gameplay out of this stress test, I felt like things ran a lot smoother and had an epic event with a cave troll. The feeling when you're all alone, almost dying, against a veteran/elite mob and then seeing a bunch of other players come to your rescue is...well it's epic. I pulled the troll out of that cave, in the end there were 30 players going at it.

It is a good thing though that I do not consider this my "main" game to be (that place belongs to WoW now and always) or these small fixes of the game would surely make me feel a tad bit angry. WHY can't we just get an estimated release date? Is it really that far away? I'm starting to wonder if 2012 means 1 minute before the clock strikes 12 on new years eve...

I'm not addicted in other words, but I like it enough to feel annoyed that it's not out yet. Something only MoP accomplishes as well at this moment.

And I do also feel annoyed with the people that go rabid whenever someone writes anything that COULD be perceived as negative feedback over this game...how about people sit down and realise that far from everyone will love this game or even try it? And for most that don't, there's surely someone else that does.

I had an amazing time playing an elementalist
    Dident really feel like a stresstest, as I logged in straight away. And had only minor issues , like two chrashes, and lag for about a half an hour.
    For some reason I had more fun tonight playing, than I had last bwe. Not sure why. But now im completely sold xD cant wait for next bwe and release now!

I am tired of how HILARIOUS gear looks on any character in WoW. I guess Blizz will never update to decent character models. Or maybe it's the art itself? I would still play the damn game if I didn't look like a complete joke running around in god knows what Blizzards art team calls it. I hope they finally update models in MoP or it's a no go from many. It's been so many frikkin years for crying out loud.. we want our characters to look GOOD. Inb4 transmog... no.

GW art is amazing because everything looks hand made, truly a master piece I love the painter style and how in game art looks EXACTLY like the concept art, like wtf? I don't even know how they do that, but it's awesome! And the first game where you actually feel like you are in complete control of the character, it matches the fluidness of WoW. Something an mmo has NEVER lived up to until now imo. You just feel like you belong in the environment.

I am so amazed I am officially a fanboi I'm already up to date on the lore etc lol I played a lot of GW1 pvp back in the day which was great but they kinda left it to die for GW2 so meh but I really can't blame them now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdaer View Post
    I am tired of how HILARIOUS gear looks on any character in WoW. I guess Blizz will never update to decent character models. Or maybe it's the art itself? I would still play the damn game if I didn't look like a complete joke running around in god knows what Blizzards art team calls it. I hope they finally update models in MoP or it's a no go from many. It's been so many frikkin years for crying out loud.. we want our characters to look GOOD. Inb4 transmog... no.

GW art is amazing because everything looks hand made, truly a master piece I love the painter style and how in game art looks EXACTLY like the concept art, like wtf? I don't even know how they do that, but it's awesome! And the first game where you actually feel like you are in complete control of the character, it matches the fluidness of WoW. Something an mmo has NEVER lived up to until now imo. You just feel like you belong in the environment.

I am so amazed I am officially a fanboi I'm already up to date on the lore etc lol I played a lot of GW1 pvp back in the day which was great but they kinda left it to die for GW2 so meh but I really can't blame them now.
    they said they are updating the models, but it won't be done soon. they said that the new dwarf model may be ready at MoP release.
    But blizzard claimed a lot of stuff they would add/improve that never happend.

I still think they had to make a WoW2 instead of these crappy (opinion) expansions.

This was the first day I got to play and although I really enjoyed my time it was too short for me to become addicted. I'm sure by the end of the next beta weekend I will be. I'm interested in finding out if Anet is now going to wipe characters or if we get to continue from where we left off today in the next bwe.

Deleted
    The test didn't feel like a stress test at all. Had no issues at all. I did some leveling, explored Lion's Arch and ended my session with some jumping puzzles. 5 hours of good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Funny thing, they didn't actually change the build for optimization purposes. Only stress testing the servers on their end.

Wait until we actually get a real client update to fix this?
    Interestingly enough my gf told me she got a somewhat better performance this time. Last BWE i played at her place on her pc and i couldnt do sPvP without massive lag as soon as 2 ppl appeared on the screen. She even managed to get into some epic and big WvW fights without being completely unplayable. Altough her definition of unplayable is not the same as mine.

Tried it for the first time, definitely enjoyable. Loved the Necro and the Guardian, not sure how I feel about the Warrior just yet. I'm so accustomed to them being the more tanky type that the playstyle caught me off guard. Performance, barring some major lag spikes for about 5-10 minutes, was great on my machine so that was a plus.

I'm not sure if I'd consider myself addicted, but I can already say with certainty that it is a game I will enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    No not really, I have played my ass off in the first BWE and didn't want to spoil it for me... jerk
    So in a thread about praising a game after first time playing it you chose to post your 2 cents about how you had a differing opinion then go on to insult the OP....while he shouldnt have jumped to conclusions and ASSUMED you only played 10 minutes, if you had played the crap out of it in the BWE then its not his fault you don't want to play it anymore. 2 wrongs ( his assumption and your subsequent insult ) don't make a right.

On a brighter note while i have preordered and very much can't wait to play the game after trying 3 times to download the first BWE to no avail because it failed to install properly and started to make me download from the beginning again ( australia net makes 20gig a 38 hour download ) i gave up...now im not too fussed about it because it'll mean the entire game will be fresh upon release and i dont burn myself out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    So in a thread about praising a game after first time playing it you chose to post your 2 cents about how you had a differing opinion then go on to insult the OP [...]
    Insult the OP? Come on, he just said he didn't feel like playing more than 10 minutes because there was nothing to do. Why do people have to act all fanboyish and defensive about this game?

I also agree that there was not much to do since there was no PvP, and I only feel I want to level up to a certain point since it's beta.

On a sidenote, does anyone else feel like combat can be really unresponsive? Like, I do an ability and it shoots of 1-2 seconds later all the time. First I thought it was lag from my part but it doesn't seem to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Upon reaching level 10 a popup came up that asked some questions and I gave it all 5's (i.e. how likely are you to play this upon release 55555FIVE).

Hours just blazed by, I couldn't believe that 5 hours had passed at all, it's like it was 11 AM and then it was 4 PM, I couldn't believe it.

Deleted
    Not a wow killer.
    Sorry guys, others did came with their combo real time combats, visceral graphics, tome of knowledges, voiced quests etc etc and perished

Seriously, knock this WoW killer nonsense off. Not only is it a silly concept, but it's NEVER productive when it's brought up in conversation. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-15 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I on the other hand got quite bored after playing for 10 min and decided to stop playing...
    Clearly one should be able to deduct from the above statement that you ALSO played previously for 40 hours. That makes perfect sense there chap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Not a wow killer.
    Sorry guys, others did came with their combo real time combats, visceral graphics, tome of knowledges, voiced quests etc etc and perished
    It was never meant to be a WoW killer. It was meant to be different from the rest of the market and to promote community and teamplay.

Getting so tired of this discussion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    It was never meant to be a WoW killer. It was meant to be different from the rest of the market and to promote community and teamplay.

Getting so tired of this discussion...
    I was just staring at that comment, no one has said a word about wow killer in this thread... and then that popped up... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And I do also feel annoyed with the people that go rabid whenever someone writes anything that COULD be perceived as negative feedback over this game...how about people sit down and realise that far from everyone will love this game or even try it? And for most that don't, there's surely someone else that does.
    Well isn’t this the case for EVERY game? There will always be people who live in some bizarre reality where everybody has to love same things they do, or they go in some rage frenzy.
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2012-05-15 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    I'll probably get torn a new asshole for this, but a few hours into this stress test I was starting to think 'meh' and logged off. The environment is beautiful and voice acting is brilliant, but the heart questing and more importantly the combat was getting a bit boring for me.

I've obviously bought the game already so I'll be playing it to the level cap to see if it gets more interesting, I haven't tried the dungeons yet and I heard the story gets better as you progress. But then we've seen how story only gets you so far, just look at SWtoR.
    For sure I'll be holding off on the cash shop 'till I know if the game is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I was just staring at that comment, no one has said a word about wow killer in this thread... and then that popped up... lol
    I honestly don't recall any frequent poster on this forum ever using that term. Maybe ppl sit in other forums and discuss how everyone who likes GW2 says it's gonna be the wow killer? I dunno.
    Anet don't say it. I don't say it. U don't. Nobody interested in this game does. It's just baffling.
    Oh...except that recent article from Mike O'brian. Yh, well...maybe that. But even there he didn't say kill it, just surpass it. That's fine. Competition is great for innovation.
    Well isn’t this the case for EVERY game? There will always be people who live in some bizarre reality where everybody has to love same things they do, or they go in some rage frenzy.
    Hello.
    My name is Squirrelbanes and I'm a guild wars 2 fanboy. (claps) Thanks, thanks.
    I first recognised my problem 18 months ago when......
    I cba to carry on with that. Rest assured it would have been hilarious though.
    Anyway. I love this game but hate the green outlines around NPCs. The underwater breathing thing also just irks me. It's functionally awesome...but it just irks me all the same.
    Thankfully most ppl are rational enough to like the game but still accept it has flaws. Hopefully most ppl who play will be like that.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Eddie View Post
    more importantly the combat was getting a bit boring for me.
    Roll something else
    Personally the ele seems just amazing to me. All that attunment switching keeps ur finger right on the pulse.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-05-15 at 11:07 AM.

The only people who keep bringing up GW2 and WoW killer in the same sentence is the WoW community. Dont think ive ever seen anything on here from anyone that said GW2 will be the end of WoW. Infact the opposite, that GW2 is going to be a great game to play alongside of WoW since it doesnt have a subscription. It doesnt requiere constant farming and grinding just to stay with everyone else.

Or would you rather idle in Stormwind while you wait another 5h before raid time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Eddie View Post
    I'll probably get torn a new asshole for this, but a few hours into this stress test I was starting to think 'meh' and logged off. The environment is beautiful and voice acting is brilliant, but the heart questing and more importantly the combat was getting a bit boring for me.

I've obviously bought the game already so I'll be playing it to the level cap to see if it gets more interesting, I haven't tried the dungeons yet and I heard the story gets better as you progress. But then we've seen how story only gets you so far, just look at SWtoR.
    For sure I'll be holding off on the cash shop 'till I know if the game is for me.
    Most people wont tear you a new asshole unless you post something like "this game sucks" and just leave no reason. Also its good that you aren't giving the game a final verdict based off of a beta test.

As for the combat, did you try more than 1 profession? For the first beta weekend I played 1 profession and though I loved it, played a different one for the stress test and It blew the first one away.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Not a wow killer.
    I honestly hope gw2 doesn't even dent wows population. I want you guys to stay where you're at.