Question Diablo 3 download/install problem

I recently pre-purchased Diablo 3 tried downloading the setup thing provided after purchase. But this is the way the process goes for me
    1. an update window opens
    2. instal -> TOS,download location appear
    3. click agree
    4. a newer operating system is required
    5. goes to launcher says installing 0%

I'm running Vista currently updating to make sure i have latest service pack, but why will the game not download for me and why does it go directly to install files I do not even have?
    Last edited by Stalvin; 2012-05-15 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    1. Vista is crap.

But something that actually helps. Try downloading the installer and run it. Select the folder that the current files are so the installer won't need to download 7.60GB of data again. It will just check them and verify they are valid. I got an error when I tried to install it and I did that and it downloaded about 50MB extra data towards the end and I could install fine afterwards.

Also, I don't think it has to do anything with the operating system. The installer should be able to cope with any Windows OS (unless you downloaded the Mac version ofc ).
    Last edited by mmoc7ab70ad4bb; 2012-05-15 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    1. Vista is crap.

But something that actually helps. Try downloading the installer and run it. Select the folder that the current files are so the installer won't need to download 7.60GB of data again. It will just check them and verify they are valid. I got an error when I tried to install it and I did that and it downloaded about 50MB extra data towards the end and I could install fine afterwards.
    I don't have the game downloaded at all... the only thing blizzard has provided me with is a setup client that brings me to the install to which it does nothing. By the way this is the online order to clear any confusion, and i cannot use my c:\ as a directory because my ssd only has enough room for windows so i have to have it download to a separate drive

It's not vista, It's set up so that you can download the Launcher, but you are not allowed to install it until midnight. There is no problem. They only made it so you download all of the files, they don't let you install because they dont want you accessing stuff until midnight. Just wait until midnight and it will take 5-10 minutes to install the information you already downloaded.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Windfish that is not true, I have installed it. I had a similar problem with windows 7 because I hadn't gotten the service pack yet, once I downloaded that it installed fine. So update your OS because apparently blizzard won't let you install otherwise, and then you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    Windfish that is not true, I have installed it. I had a similar problem with windows 7 because I hadn't gotten the service pack yet, once I downloaded that it installed fine. So update your OS because apparently blizzard won't let you install otherwise, and then you should be fine.
    This is probably the culprit, I tried it on my laptop ( lesser than my desktop despite running vista) and its downloading the files no problems with windows 7 on it. I guess i will see how long it takes for me to update vista until it stops giving me that error. Thanks.

oh yeah, i was wrong. ther reason i was getting an error was because i was opening my beta launcher still in my files for some reason which was causing my error. Installing it now.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this exact problem with vista, spent about 2 hours letting it update and then installed without any problems, vista just blows. T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I had a similar problem. I tried what I had to do when I installed the MoP beta. Went to the installer shortcut, properties, checked run in compatability for xp sp3 and also admin. Then relaunched and all is well
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

I'm running windows 7 and I'm getting the same message, but everything on my comp is updated. Can anyone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by nolez View Post
    I'm running windows 7 and I'm getting the same message, but everything on my comp is updated. Can anyone help me please?
    which message?

“Unsupported graphics card” error --------this worked for me....running windows 7

First download the game. (I did so from my purchased disc this morning)

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
    - DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
    - HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
    When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME! I found it online after hours of searching and the game now loads!
    I dont have any issues with quality of graphics or speed issues......I hope this works for you guys as well!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Im having an issue where it gets to 10%, and says that i have a corrupt file. It then exits the download. Ive tried 3 times to re-install, but the same pattern ensues. Help?

Edit: "Diablo3/Updates/d3-0-9558-Win-final.mpq Appears to be corrupt" If that helps at all?
    Last edited by dieball; 2012-05-15 at 06:30 PM.