Am i gemmed and enchanted right ?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aiovnen/simple
    So am i doing it right ? I tried to gem a little because we should have some 1.1% more dodge. So i am kinda unsure here. Should i gem more for dodge to reach 1.1% (178) more dodge than parry or am i completely wrong here ?
    Thank you for taking your time to help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchants are correct but you're under CTC. With your numbers you are at 98.92%, you need about 100.4% to be CTC assuming you get Kings + Lavascale Minestrnoe + Battleshot/HoW.

Get crafted bracers rather than Zon'ozz normal, they're BiS til hc Zon - change gems in cloak and chest to get socket bonuses to minimize stamina loss from regemming to get CTC. Could do with a tiny bit more dodge (you want your dodge to be 200 rating higher than parry) but it's a non issue, it's such a small difference that keeping them pretty much equal won't hurt as long as dodge is ever so slightly higher.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

You don't have enough mastery to be swapping gems to stam options yet. You should never use dodge gems, yellow should always be either mastery or stamina-against-type (if you have high enough mastery without socket matching).

Load your character up at: http://chardev.org/Planner.html

Go to the buffs, give yourself:
    - Horn of Winter (or Battle Shout, or Strength of Earth, or whatever a hunter's cat's roar is called)
    - Blessing of Kings (or Mark of the Wild)
    - Dodge food (assuming you don't want to spend the extra effort using mastery food, which is actually a superior option)

You can give yourself fort + flask too if you want to see your accurate HP, but it's not necessary for our purposes.

You're aiming to have your CTC = 102.4% (it's at the bottom of the character numbers bit)

The only appropriate gems are:
    Red Socket = Parry/Mastery, Parry/Stam
    Yellow Socket = Mastery, Mastery/Stam
    Blue Socket = Mastery/Stam, Stam

So start by ditching the dodge/stam gems -> mastery/stam.
    Then start swapping out other sockets to higher mastery. You're most interested in swapping in a manner that gives you mastery or stamina socket bonuses, hence I'd swap your belt & gloves out first despite the fact red sockets are generally pretty crap.
    Then I'd start swapping your mastery/stam yellow sockets to flat mastery gems, or your stam gems to mastery/stam if green gems are cheaper for you.

When you're at 102.4% you're done (or damn close to it.. it's a bit like a hit cap, so I'd personally argue that anything between 102.3 & 102.8 is acceptable but some people insist on 102.4+ at all costs).

Try to get there in a way that maximises stamina, stuff avoidance, all it means is the heal the healers just cast on you was overheal.

Oh, and you're missing a chimera's eye. Just swap one of your solid's -> solid chimera.

Don't worry too much about matching dodge & parry numbers, in an ideal world we would but in a realistic world we get the best gear we can, get mastery until we're CTC capped, then stack stam, and after that we reforge dodge<->parry on pieces we haven't already reforged to try & get them roughly similar. Accurately matching dodge/parry numbers does not have a high payoff, it should be an afterthought.

I recommend using: http://chardev.org/Planner.html

It'll easily show where you are in relation to CTC cap, just remember to put on the 3x key raid buffs (+ fort & flask if you want to see your stam).

PS. Upgrades:
    Get the Ultraxion boots. They're really great, they'll help out your mastery balancing a lot. They should be the item you're wishing for imo.

I agree with the poster above who says the crafted wrists are (marginally) superior. Frankly you'd probably get more traction out of buying epic gems for all your slots tho tbh... it's not like tank epics are particularly expensive.

Get the h-morchok offset shoulders & get the tier gloves (tier gloves are crap, especially compared to t12, but they off-piece h-shoulders are better than the offpiece glove options). Once you've got both offspec shoudlers + tier gloves, then swap them both at the same time. If it wasn't for keeping the 4pc, you'd probably use h-mor shoulders & t12 tbh, but healers tend to frown on that sorta thing

Consider picking up the hit/mastery dps ring, it's another convenient mastery boost.

PPS. For more detailed information:

Digiren's 4.3 Item Enhancement Guide: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=3&t=29733
    Theck's Stamina Conversion Ratio's: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=3&t=32711

PPSS.

I would probably set your gear roughly up like so: http://chardev.org/profile/395808-rakash.html

But some people would pitch a hissy fit that i've left you 0.06% under CTC capped & i haven't been particularly careful, I just flicked through while waiting for d3 to launch. I may not have correctly remember the stam conversion ratio's off the cuff.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2012-05-15 at 07:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aiovnen/simple
    So am i doing it right ? I tried to gem a little because we should have some 1.1% more dodge. So i am kinda unsure here. Should i gem more for dodge to reach 1.1% (178) more dodge than parry or am i completely wrong here ?
    Thank you for taking your time to help me.
    Here is the easy way to look at this, Mastery + Stam in Blue, Yellow always pure Mastery and Red Parry & Mastery. You are very close to the CTC but you need to fix the gems in your legs or your chest either one regemmed properly meeting the socket bonus will provide you the small amount of avoidance you need. Your other option you have 4 gems that are Stam+Mastery in yellow sockets those could all 4 be pure Mastery and probably the cheaper regemming option.

Your base dodge is: 2425.
    Your base parry is: 2376.
    Your base mastery is: 3175.
    Your base block is: 0.

You have 16.78% dodge.
    You have 2425 Dodge.

You have 16.58% parry.
    You have 2376 Parry.

You have 3175 mastery.
    You have 62.85 block chance.

You have 101.21 CTC.
    You need 102.4.
    You are 1.19% under cap.

Fix a few gems and run your character through the calculator again and you will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sit @ 101.8 and with a Fish Feast (Dodge Food - 90) and Kings/MoTW I sit at 102.46 (.06 over bleh, lol).
    Also I notice you're using +101 JC Stam gems which just makes things more of a pain for you. If you use the 3 - 67 mastery gems, it makes hitting ctc cap so much easier. I mean I guess the 101 stam vs 67 mastery gems could be debatable so I guess do your thing =)

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770