Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Failed global launch?

Is anyone else upset with Blizzard on yet another failed global launch? And yes I realize that May 15th already came and passed in Asia, and in Europe. When you say ALL (no matter what country/region you live in) servers go live for EVERYONE at the same time, to me they should be launched at one designated time zone. Now I know it's Blizzards game and they can launch their servers when they want them to, and I understand it's difficult to launch a game at the same time around the world but we also had this same issue with Cataclysm when Blizzard announced at Blizzcon (I believe 11, maybe 10 correct me if I'm wrong) that Cataclysm will go live once California's (PST) clocks hit midnight (again no matter where you live) Not midnight in the region you live in

I don't know, maybe it's just me holding onto breakable promises (even though it wasn't said about D3's release( to my knowledge) But what do you think about this problem? To me if your going to say something comes out at the same time around the world then stay true to what you say.

Not sure if it was at blizzcon but they definitely said Cata would launch at midnight PST as well as midnight in (I think France is in the timezone for that region?? whatever) the euro/asia regions. Don't really see why people wouldn't expect it now. Or why they'd even care. Get a stop watch, time how long it takes you, compare it to how long it took someone else. Not hard.

Holy crap. I don't think its possible to contain more bellyaching-per-word in a post as I have just seen here. Is this really what bothers you?

"Wah wah someones playing it before me."

Too many people are excited to play this game. Here's the problem: There is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Too many people are excited to play this game. Here's the problem: There is no problem.
    Is your name really Prag? As in, prison f4g?

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-15 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Is your name really Prag? As in, prison f4g?
    What do you think?

Launching everything by one global time (wherever in the world you choose that time to be) is dumb. Allowing people accessed at time that makes sense in their country is much, much better.

Yes, I'm sure that if all regions launched at the same time, yet the US was the one launching at 4AM, everything would be better and you'd never think to come to the forums and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that if all regions launched at the same time, yet the US was the one launching at 4AM, everything would be better and you'd never think to come to the forums and complain.
    I'm in the US and it's launching at 3AM... So yeah.

your pizzed blizzard didn't do something that they stated they weren't going to do? WTF is wrong with you?

I'm in the US and it's launching at 3AM... So yeah.
    Its launching at midnight here.... so your argument is invalid
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing, it hasn't launched globally yet... has it!? Give it a rest, less than 3 hours to go until the servers explode.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Its launching at midnight here.... so your argument is invalid
    What argument? The guy made a statement that wasn't really correct.

Anytime I hear global lunch I always asume that it's on the Dev's time and there midnight. I get a few games sooner than later overseas but thats because I live on an military base and when it says don't sell until whatever date, they sell it on that date. I've gotten ME2-3 earlier than the states and MW3. In japan, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    Is anyone else upset with Blizzard on yet another failed global launch? And yes I realize that May 15th already came and passed in Asia, and in Europe. When you say ALL (no matter what country/region you live in) servers go live for EVERYONE at the same time, to me they should be launched at one designated time zone. Now I know it's Blizzards game and they can launch their servers when they want them to, and I understand it's difficult to launch a game at the same time around the world but we also had this same issue with Cataclysm when Blizzard announced at Blizzcon (I believe 11, maybe 10 correct me if I'm wrong) that Cataclysm will go live once California's (PST) clocks hit midnight (again no matter where you live) Not midnight in the region you live in

I don't know, maybe it's just me holding onto breakable promises (even though it wasn't said about D3's release( to my knowledge) But what do you think about this problem? To me if your going to say something comes out at the same time around the world then stay true to what you say.
    Your avatar made me aware of this incoming dramatic post. I really hope this doesn't keep you up at night... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
    "Wah wah someones playing it before me."
    Thanks, I didn't really feel like reading the whole thing tbh lol
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

What argument? The guy made a statement that wasn't really correct.
    actually he is correct, its going live at 12 am PDT, which is 3 am EST

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Launching everything by one global time (wherever in the world you choose that time to be) is dumb. Allowing people accessed at time that makes sense in their country is much, much better.
    And allowing for midnight to actually mean midnight as they happen through the world makes even more sense. Just the number of people alone trying to log in at once is a massive problem that can easily be fixed by allowing what are essentially waves to enter in on the hours instead of massive groups at once, causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Een View Post
    actually he is correct, its going live at 12 am PDT, which is 3 am EST
    Which are both US times, which means that there ARE, in fact, people in the US unable to login at 'reasonable' hours.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what the guy was trying to say. Internet Sarcasm Detector's been off lately.