Beware the troglodites at NCSoft

I recently signed up with Lineage II, Not a bad game, at the time I was wishing I had played earlier. I was learning the ropes, creating and recreating characters. I found that there was limited storage space (as I had rolled up a scavenger and he was getting a lot of stuff off the mobs). I also learned that there is something called vitality in game that gives xp bonuses among other things but that vitality is shared with all characters on the account. Furthermore NCSoft is having it's 8th anniversary and is offering some nice stuff to one character per account. I then got the idea to create a bunch of accounts with one character per account. I created nearly a dozen accounts between the 8th and 9th and began creating characters on the accounts and mailed items from my main account to one of the accounts I had intended to be used as a bank.
    But before I could finish my little brainchild, all my new accounts were banned. I asked NCSoft for an explanation and they accused me of illegal gold transactions. When I tried to appeal they called me a liar. I have repeatedly asked for evidence of wrongdoing thinking that maybe my accounts got hacked. But I was told there would be no review and their decision is final.

I can honestly say I have never been treated so poorly. I have never sold or bought gold on any MMO and believe those that do hurt the game industry. But to be accused of something I have never done and then to be called a thief and a liar was insulting to say the least. I have posted on their forums only to be attacked by NCSoft employees and even had someone create a new account pretending to have bought gold off me.

I read through their forums and came across a few other people this kind of thing has happened to.

So now I am left with the only option left to me, to warn as many people as I can about the kind of service one can expect from the support staff at NCSoft's Austin Texas branch. I have learned that they are listed with the BBB and if any of you have ever had dealings with NCSoft I encourage you to post your comments with the BBB as well.

Thank you for your time.
    B eveson

Quote Originally Posted by Laeorich View Post
    I recently signed up with Lineage II, Not a bad game, at the time I was wishing I had played earlier. I was learning the ropes, creating and recreating characters. I found that there was limited storage space (as I had rolled up a scavenger and he was getting a lot of stuff off the mobs). I also learned that there is something called vitality in game that gives xp bonuses among other things but that vitality is shared with all characters on the account. Furthermore NCSoft is having it's 8th anniversary and is offering some nice stuff to one character per account. I then got the idea to create a bunch of accounts with one character per account. I created nearly a dozen accounts between the 8th and 9th and began creating characters on the accounts and mailed items from my main account to one of the accounts I had intended to be used as a bank.
    But before I could finish my little brainchild, all my new accounts were banned. I asked NCSoft for an explanation and they accused me of illegal gold transactions. When I tried to appeal they called me a liar. I have repeatedly asked for evidence of wrongdoing thinking that maybe my accounts got hacked. But I was told there would be no review and their decision is final.

I can honestly say I have never been treated so poorly. I have never sold or bought gold on any MMO and believe those that do hurt the game industry. But to be accused of something I have never done and then to be called a thief and a liar was insulting to say the least. I have posted on their forums only to be attacked by NCSoft employees and even had someone create a new account pretending to have bought gold off me.

I read through their forums and came across a few other people this kind of thing has happened to.

So now I am left with the only option left to me, to warn as many people as I can about the kind of service one can expect from the support staff at NCSoft's Austin Texas branch. I have learned that they are listed with the BBB and if any of you have ever had dealings with NCSoft I encourage you to post your comments with the BBB as well.

Thank you for your time.
    B eveson
    NCSoft has a long storied past of this behavior dating back to the original Lineage / CoH back in the day. This isn't something new, what flagged was the fact you opened a bunch of accounts on the same master account. This is basic 101 behavior of gold farmers and sellers. It also takes an act of god to get them to rereview or even unban. I've had to get former Community Managers involved and even had an attorney friend of mine send letters to their legal department to get bans turned around in Aion. The BBB can do nothing for you. They are just a middle man agency. They have no power and can do nothing but as a go between. They do not react to BBB complaints at all. Good luck.