(DEMON HUNTERS READ) Update on 3006 Time out

Fellow demon hunters,

Do NOT give any item to your templar. Just dismiss him completely. I know many people are aware of the issue, but some are not.

I was awake till 2:45, where I gave a shield to my Templar which DCd me from the game and am getting 3006 error since. Stood awake till 5:30, slept till 8 and tried again since. No fix has been issued yet.

NOTE: You CAN play on a different region, but your character on the main region are inaccesible.

The issue IS known by Blizzard, but they refuse to give us any update.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you all for your reports!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036
    (As disappointed as I might be, but there is NO FIX to this. I tried everything, from flushing DNS to closing Agent.exe and opening and forwarding ports. Nothing fixes this issue, and it is COMPLETELY server side.)

EDIT 1:
    HOTFIX IS INCOMING.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...46?page=29#572
    Hey guys,

A hotfix is in the works and we want to get it implemented as soon as possible. We don't have an ETA for you, but we will try to update you on this situation in this thread and on Twitter.

Thanks!
    EDIT 2:
    Other people without a templar and/or DH can have the issue. Mostly with Alt+F4ing during a time out.
    These appear to be two separate issues generating similar error messages (one for the demon hunter, specifically, and one being a general time out). We're looking into both currently.
    EDIT 3:
    Now the Hotfix-Talk is up on EU Blizzard twitter too.

Blizzard CS EU ‏ @BlizzardCSEU_EN
    A hotfix is on the way for those players experiencing Error 3006. #D3Launch
    EDIT 4:
    US are getting a fix:
    BlizzardCS ‏ @BlizzardCS
    #D3 servers will be going offline at 2:15PM PDT to address several issues impacting the game. Servers should be back up at approx. 3:30 PDT.
    Still no update for us in EU.
    Meanwhile, this might come in handy:
    Error 37
    We're aware that some players are experiencing Error 37 when attempting to log in to Diablo III. This error indicates that the Diablo III server is full and is likely the result of high login traffic. If you receive this error message, please wait and try again.

Error 3005 and 3006 (time outs)
    Along with Error 37, we're also aware of players receiving Error 3005 and Error 3006. If you receive either of these messages while playing, please wait and try again.

Error 3006 (demon hunters)
    When playing a Demon Hunter, giving a shield to your Templar before you kill Jondar and hire him can disconnect you from Battle.net and return an Error 3006. We're working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and may be able to address it via hotfix.
    Last edited by omidmash; 2012-05-15 at 09:25 PM.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Deleted
    My templar has all kinds of items, works fine.

The issue IS known by Blizzard, but they refuse to give us any update.
    they are coding the fix, will be avaliable very soon

this is unpossible, blizzard games are "polished", didn't you play swtor or rift? release bugs jus isn't possible with a blizzard game

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this is unpossible, blizzard games are "polished", didn't you play swtor or rift? release bugs jus isn't possible with a blizzard game
    37 is the magic number. Remember Cataclysm? (I know this is sarcasm btw)

Quote Originally Posted by kuukl1 View Post
    My templar has all kinds of items, works fine.
    I suggest that you stay online. The error didn't strike EVERYONE, but a HUGE majority of people.

This only applies to Demon Hunters? (seems odd)

On EDIT 2 I mentioned that it can also happen to someone who Alt+F4d during a local or server network time out.

I waited until after I killed the Skeleton King and was back in Tristram I then gave my Templar items from my main inventory that I had never equipped at all. I've logged out of the game, started my Wizard (getting a LOT of nice wiz drops on my DH), ran her to the stash box to take out the 5-6 items I had for her to clear space. I then logged back into my DH, went back to Tristram from where she was, logged out to check the AH, got a kick ass piece of gear for only 1k gold, logged back on her, had to port back to Tristram again, picked up the item, equipped it.

So in other words, so long as you don't swap equipped items and/or have a full inventory when you swap items and you do it after you kill Jondar and "hire" the Templar you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    I waited until after I killed the Skeleton King and was back in Tristram I then gave my Templar items from my main inventory that I had never equipped at all. I've logged out of the game, started my Wizard (getting a LOT of nice wiz drops on my DH), ran her to the stash box to take out the 5-6 items I had for her to clear space. I then logged back into my DH, went back to Tristram from where she was, logged out to check the AH, got a kick ass piece of gear for only 1k gold, logged back on her, had to port back to Tristram again, picked up the item, equipped it.

So in other words, so long as you don't swap equipped items and/or have a full inventory when you swap items and you do it after you kill Jondar and "hire" the Templar you should be fine.
    Why exactly should someone risk it when they can wait till a fix is deployed? It seems like a lottary to me. Some people get time-outed, some don't. You might be from those who don't, and someone does this and they get time outted.

Just don't fuck around with templar till a fix is implanted. You are risking your account not being playable till one is deployed.

Deleted
    playing a barb and logged out to ah cannot log back in and when i do get in getting error3006 no follower either?

Deleted
    Aaah, the joy of (not)betatesting ... what a nice launch, Blizzard, what a nice launch x__________D.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Aaah, the joy of (not)betatesting ... what a nice launch, Blizzard, what a nice launch x__________D.
    Cuz all other games work PERFECTLY and WITHOUT BUGS ON LAUNCH AMIRITE?

Give it time, there's lot's of stuff not properly tested which will need some bug catching right now, with a huge net...
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Please, don't hijack the thread. This is just about people getting 3006 and not bitching about it.