Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading these forums is funny. "Diablo 3 isn't enough like Diablo 2." Next week. "Diablo 3 is too much like Diablo 2."

D3 is awesome. Gameplay stays true to the real Diablo play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Better than I thought, one of the best games I'v played in years.
    Then you have insanely low standards or play only bad games...
    Atm im at the end of first act on nightmare and tbh im more dissapointed with d3 than i was with cataclysm..
    Don't get me wrong, its still diablo, pleasant to play hack and slash... but...

Story is absolutely TERRIBLE. Its extremly predictable, its boring, it could have been written by 5 year old. Metzen should really look for another job cause looking at his cataclysm story and now d3 you can't help but feel that he is completly burned out.

Crafting system is boring. First i could craft items that need couple levels more than i have, but before i craft them i find alternative that makes crafting something pointless. Now on nightmare i cant craft anything worthwhile even tough im near 6th lvl of blacksmithing... Hard to get higher cause pages drop... or well, they barely drop at all...

I'm yet to see an item that is of higher quality than yellow... which makes every boss fight not so exciting if you know you aint gonna see anything good drop...

Speaking of boss fights... They are all terribad. You can sum them up by, dps, avoid aoe, dps... rinse and repeat with every boss in the game. Diablo fight is the only 1 that is slightly (and just slightly) different...

O and while talking about diablo.... his model is utterly fucked up. Face looks ok, nothing wrong with it, but he is so slim its not even funny. He looks like anorectic version of... well, not even himself cause he looks nothing like in d1 or d2...

Random monsters in the world pose bigger threat than main bosses... I actually got knockback locked 2 times from 100% hp to death... Once freeze locked simply because i had no time to react to frost shit on the ground as i had no visions cause of all animations going on. Few times nearly stun locked. No diminishing returns isreally bad design.

You can't go anywhere you want. Railed play all the time. In diablo 2 you could go almost anywhere you wanted, sure you sometimes had "doors" you couldnt "open" w/o completing story but that was occasional... in d3 you simply go on the rails...

I only hope that hell and inferno will be really difficult cause otherwise im just gonna complete this game once and never come back to it....

I wasn't expecting much from d3... but what i saw was just... bad... If only story would be good then i could ignore the rest... but as i said... story is just too predictable and not creative...

So in the end, no, d3 isnt everything i wanted, its quite opposite...
    if i would be to give it a note, it would be 4/10
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2012-05-15 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    so gtfo already
    Dude don't come into a thread where opinions are being asked for and tell someone to gtfo when they don't give the game a glowing review. How about you gtfo and come back when you can openly discuss without resorting to a 5 year old.

OT- I played D2 maybe twice in my life and that was way way long ago so I really came into D3 as a noob. Currently playing my barbarian and having a lot of fun. Currently would rate it 3/5 and this will provide me with a good time sink till GW2 or even MoP. Either way no more dragon soul for me
    Last edited by Arog; 2012-05-15 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Woah, o_O ... I didn't know the game was so bad. I'm even thinking of canceling the download of the SKIDROW release x___D.

I´ve never played any Diablo game, and I started playing this game without any pre info. I really didn´t know what to expect, and that makes the game more fun for me then I think it really is. To be fair, it´s really linear and the questline isn´t really that much special. Just the standard doom and we´re all gonna die mode that blizz also did with Cataclysm and Wotlk. On the other hand, the battle system works really good imo, and I found it to be quite difficult if you have no idea what you´re doing. Overall I enjoyed it a lot because you can just smak things up really hard, which is always fun. But I think I´ll get bored with it after completing the main quest once.

It's fun enough if you remove the last 24 hours of frustration of Downloading, patching, innstalling, logging and all other sorts of crap issues. The terrible launch from Blizz kind of killed it from me /=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Yes. That's also one of the things that made WoW so much better than all the other MMORPGs. People tend to get caught up in counting features and don't realize that the most defining factor of a game is it's feel. Blizzard is very good in creating playability. Another company who always knew how to add that special mojo to their games is Nintendo.
    Name recognition is that mojo. Getting your friends to buy it and you to buy is the biggest part of that mojo. Regardless of how good or bad the game is, the simple fact is that playing with all your friends increases the enjoyment substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Yes. That's also one of the things that made WoW so much better than all the other MMORPGs. People tend to get caught up in counting features and don't realize that the most defining factor of a game is it's feel. Blizzard is very good in creating playability. Another company who always knew how to add that special mojo to their games is Nintendo.
    Indeed. I would say Blizzard, Nintendo and Valve are among the finest game designers when it comes to nailing control and playability.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    It's fun enough if you remove the last 24 hours of frustration of Downloading, patching, innstalling, logging and all other sorts of crap issues. The terrible launch from Blizz kind of killed it from me /=
    Yea, but you had weeks to D/L and patch to current before launch. If you wait till millions of people are hitting the server at once than like... bummer, man.

It gets a thumbs up from me, apart from being a decent hack'n'slash so far i have glowy chicken wings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

MUCH better than i though!!!

I've been having fun when it's working. But every time it messes something up, I just siiiiiiiiiigh. Here I am playing a single player game(I know it has mp, but for me right now it is sp) and it's lagging, DCing and preventing me from playing it. I wouldn't have a problem with constant connection if it actually worked. I spent years in D2 SPF(Single Player Forum) where theres a big community of people who play D2... Alone. It sounds weird, but it's fun. You set your own goals and restrictions and then go for it. So far, D3 won't let me do that. We'll see. Then I can say if it's "everything I wanted".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Boring and repetitive. 10-15 years old gameplay with 5 year old graphics

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.
    Sounds like you're commenting WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its is brilliant, but it is nothing new to me after smashing d2 for years. It doesnt stop it being awesome and I love the feel of my necro..i meant witch doctor.

Boring and repetitive. 10-15 years old gameplay with 5 year old graphics

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.
    says the noob playing wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Then you have insanely low standards or play only bad games...
    Atm im at the end of first act on nightmare and tbh im more dissapointed with d3 than i was with cataclysm..
    Don't get me wrong, its still diablo, pleasant to play hack and slash... but...

Story is absolutely TERRIBLE. Its extremly predictable, its boring, it could have been written by 5 year old. Metzen should really look for another job cause looking at his cataclysm story and now d3 you can't help but feel that he is completly burned out.

Crafting system is boring. First i could craft items that need couple levels more than i have, but before i craft them i find alternative that makes crafting something pointless. Now on nightmare i cant craft anything worthwhile even tough im near 6th lvl of blacksmithing... Hard to get higher cause pages drop... or well, they barely drop at all...

I'm yet to see an item that is of higher quality than yellow... which makes every boss fight not so exciting if you know you aint gonna see anything good drop...

Speaking of boss fights... They are all terribad. You can sum them up by, dps, avoid aoe, dps... rinse and repeat with every boss in the game. Diablo fight is the only 1 that is slightly (and just slightly) different...

O and while talking about diablo.... his model is utterly fucked up. Face looks ok, nothing wrong with it, but he is so slim its not even funny. He looks like anorectic version of... well, not even himself cause he looks nothing like in d1 or d2...

Random monsters in the world pose bigger threat than main bosses... I actually got knockback locked 2 times from 100% hp to death... Once freeze locked simply because i had no time to react to frost shit on the ground as i had no visions cause of all animations going on. Few times nearly stun locked. No diminishing returns isreally bad design.

You can't go anywhere you want. Railed play all the time. In diablo 2 you could go almost anywhere you wanted, sure you sometimes had "doors" you couldnt "open" w/o completing story but that was occasional... in d3 you simply go on the rails...

I only hope that hell and inferno will be really difficult cause otherwise im just gonna complete this game once and never come back to it....

I wasn't expecting much from d3... but what i saw was just... bad... If only story would be good then i could ignore the rest... but as i said... story is just too predictable and not creative...

So in the end, no, d3 isnt everything i wanted, its quite opposite...
    if i would be to give it a note, it would be 4/10
    there is so much stupidity in this post that i do not know where to begin. you are a moron and wrong about everything. go back to your easy mode derpfest that is cod/wow, you do not belong here.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-05-15 at 06:06 PM.

I can't believe I spent money on this game. It looks like it was released in 2005. The story is meh at best. It only takes a handful of hours to beat the story. Blizzard lost their touch.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Sounds like you're commenting WoW.
    Except that WoW's graphic is worse than 5 years old.

I like it, it is very enjoyable and pretty much what I expected. The fun thing is that every anticipated game will have its haters by release, no matter how good or true it stays to its promises. The thing with this game is that the people who don't like it and us who thinks it is merely good post in this thread, the real fans are still playing right now.

Pretty much what i wanted from a Diablo series game, staying true to the old formula.

it is interesting, but it is not something that will hold my attention for a long period of time. A couple months tops and I'll move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope i do through the annual and dont regret purchasing it. As i said its not a bad game (what i saw so far at least) but if it wasnt blizzard and diablo it wouldnt receive the hype and praise it currently does.

0 innovation and pretty much the death of any new idea shouldn't get rewarded this much imo.

Op asked for opinions btw mine doesn't necessarily have to agree with yours. If its everything you wanted great for you and hope you enjoy it.
    Depends on what you define as "innovation". Diablo 3 is Diablo 2 brought back into the modern era of game design and in my opinion, it's well worth the price and hype.

Deleted
    yes i got what i expected lots of clicking and a half decent story