Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation GW2: dungeon armorsets + all dungeons

Hi there

I've got something you might have learned from this betaweekend:
    -) the dungeon armorsets
    -) the dungeon weapons
    -) the actual names and levelranges of the 8 dungeons.

lv.35 dungeon: Ascalonian Catacombs
    "The Ascalonian Catacombs are located on the Planes of Ashford. That cursed place is home to angry spirits of Ascalonians who were transformed by the Foefire."
    lv.45 dungeon: Caudecus's Estate

It's a Krytan mansion located in Beetletun, home of the powerful and wise Minister Caudecus. I've never been there but I've heard it's a great sight.
    lv.55 dungeon: Twilight Arbor
    "Twilight Arbor is a cavern in Caledon Forest and home to the Nightmare Court. It reflects their twisted and sadistic view of the world. If you head there, be careful!"
    lv.65 dungeon: Sorrows Embrace
    "It's more of a fortification than a series of caves in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. The place is thick of Dredge, of course, and the Inquest are in there doing who knows what."
    lv.75 dungeon: Citadel of Flame
    "The Flame Legion's main base, tucked away in the northeast of Fireheart Rise. It's full of crazed Charr, and they're lead by one who thinks he can become a god."

lv.80 dungeon: Crucible of Eternity
    "The Crucible of Eternity is the Inquest's most powerful lab, located near Mount Maelstrom. It's host to nefarious researchers conducting myriad dangerous experiments."
    lv.80 dungeon: Honor of the Waves
    "The Honor of the Waves is a Kodan Sanctuary, a massive floating city of ice in Frostgorge Sound. I heard it's actually sinking, but I hear so many stories these days."
    lv.80 dungeon: Arah

"It was the first city built in Tyria, but it's majesty was twisted and corrupted when Zhaitan awoke. It's now a dangerous place, it's history lost to foul beasts and the undead."
    Just go to Lions Arch and look for yourself. The dungeon vendors each wear the heavy armorset from the dungeon they represent. They tell you infos about the dungeon and sell light, medium and heavy armorsets + weapons for dungeon-tokens (each dungeon has it's own kind of token).

for the pictures I used NO SHADOWS, I noticed no difference with High-Res Armor on- and off-option. Wanted to repost the pictures with shadows, but the characters stand in the shadow and you can't see the details as well as without shadows.

lv.35 dungeon: Ascalonian Catacombs;
    heavy set: Ascalonian

lv.45 dungeon: Caudecu's Estate
    heavy set: Nobleman

heavy set: Nightmare

heavy set: Dredge

lv.75 dungeon: Citadel of Flame
    heavy set: Flamelegion

lv.80 dungeon: Crucible of Eternity
    medium set: Inquest

lv.80 dungeon: Honor of the Waves
    heavy set: Koda

lv.80 dungeon: Arah
    medium set: Orrian

and an old friend nearby: Dougal Keane (he answers a few questions)

So this is very interesting, certainly something to discuss. A pity that the hi-res texture option in the graphic settings didn't work yet.

You might want to take a look in this forumpost on Guru:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...s/page__st__90 there are a lot of different looking armorsets from the Beta-Weekend and perhaps there is something there for you too. I try to link some of the pics here, but the new forum is kind of strange...

kk

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-15 at 06:31 PM.

omg omg omg omg omg lv.80 dungeon: Honor of the Waves
    heavy set: Koda omg omg omg

DAT HAMMER IS SICK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

It's an asura commando!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Twilight Arbor set but the image of Dougal Keane was the real winner for me <3 those books.

Dat purple thorny sword ... that's very nice.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted

Tried to take a better pic of this set. Kinda hard without first person view and with norn male.
    But anyway sudden urge to create Asura Warrior increased by 1000%.

And if we can trust the icons of each item (some sets had wrong icons), this is the orrian heavy set:

Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-04-29 at 01:33 PM.

heavy set: Nightmare

Oh my.. I love the first set..

But Asura Warrior looks amazing in that set.

Nice ty for the work,

as usual Anet creates awesome armor

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post

Tried to take a better pic of this set. Kinda hard without first person view and with norn male.
    But anyway sudden urge to create Asura Warrior increased by 1000%.

And if we can trust the icons of each item (some sets had wrong icons), this is the orrian heavy set:
    how did you do this? I used the max. resolution setting, highest possible textures and other high settings. Only the "high resolution character textures" didn't change anything for me... ???

Deleted
    Wow. I really did not expect them to be so insane. I often thought Gw2 would suffer from all the gear looking somewhat similar with mehful designs, but these...wow.

how did you do this? I used the max. resolution setting, highest possible textures and other high settings. Only the "high resolution character textures" didn't change anything for me... ???
    I am VERY confused as to how your game looked so low on the highest settings.
    Perhaps they capped you and wouldn't let you changed the high res char textures, or something?

I don't like them to be honest. The only one I kind of like is the Honor of the Waves one.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Guys, how does this work? Like i can't imagine a mage running around with the catacombs gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Guys, how does this work? Like i can't imagine a mage running around with the catacombs gear?
    That's why it says "Heavy set" right beside it, since it is for heavy classes.
    There is a light and medium version as well, but we do not have the screenshots for it yet.

The sets in the op look way better on high settings btw. Op was probably hardwre capped.

Op your settings seem to be on low, with a low resolution and no fsaa. What kind of hardware do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That's why it says "Heavy set" right beside it, since it is for heavy classes.
    There is a light and medium version as well, but we do not have the screenshots for it yet.
    Sorry, I must be blind. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I am VERY confused as to how your game looked so low on the highest settings.
    Perhaps they capped you and wouldn't let you changed the high res char textures, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The sets in the op look way better on high settings btw. Op was probably hardwre capped.

Op your settings seem to be on low, with a low resolution and no fsaa. What kind of hardware do you have?
    my system:

I saw them. Found them all unappealing and rather generic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, they have plate dresses in this game too. WHO THE FUCK RIDES INTO BATTLE WEARING A DRESS?! I do love the nobleman armor though. The ascalonian set looks like something straight out of fire emblem. I'm more eager to see what the damn dungeons look like!
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-30 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    generic.
    What is your definition of unique then...A Commando-esque armorset isn't unique?
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."