Thread: Cursor Problem

10+ Year Old Account

Cursor Problem

Anyone else have their mouse cursor disappearing?

Any quick fix for it besides relogging?

Yes, I believe Alt-tabing out and back in fixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only happened to me once, i just relogged.

People have been saying just spam open and close your map that can fix it also.

I also have the problem where my cursor will vanish mid-game. It will happen even if i am not running and it always happens without having done an alt-tab (so it is NOT the same as the known bug).

The cursor will vanish entirely and you cannot click on anything. It happens usually within 15-20 minutes of play

As a workaround, you can Alt-Tab then come back into the game. This will give you a windows cursor in game. You can now click on things, BUT all mouse-over functionality will not work. Thus, you cant hover to see item descriptions, you can't click on mobs to select them(have to use tab), etc.

Restarting the game resolves it (for another 15 minutes). I tend to just use the alt-tab fix and just say screw it since restarting the game 4 times an hour is a bit of a pain.

Don't like replying to old threads but this was happening to my all night during the stress test till I changed from my Naga mouse to a regular plain jane mouse. Everything worked fine after that.

Yea, it's a bug. Occurs if you bind default keys to the mouse and happen to either alt tab out or on occasion, reload a map. Restarting the client or unbinding the mouse key fixes the issue.

I sent bug reports last BWE on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, it's a bug. Occurs if you bind default keys to the mouse and happen to either alt tab out or on occasion, reload a map. Restarting the client or unbinding the mouse key fixes the issue.

I sent bug reports last BWE on it.
    Actually was happening to me without any bindings. As soon as I would try to control my character the same way I would in WOW.. AWSD and using the 2 mouse buttons to move around the cursor would go away. But as you said about logging the issue I also did that, just found it weird that it didn't happen on a 20$ mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Namahszer View Post
    Actually was happening to me without any bindings. As soon as I would try to control my character the same way I would in WOW.. AWSD and using the 2 mouse buttons to move around the cursor would go away. But as you said about logging the issue I also did that, just found it weird that it didn't happen on a 20$ mouse.
    Interesting. For me it was related to the binds. As changing the binding fixed the problem instantly. It's obviously a bug in any case. Likely tied to mice with extra buttons. But we'll leave it to Anet to figure out.