Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Diablo III Difficulty

Will someone please explain in a little detailed version of how the Daiblo difficulties work. Been seraching for weeks, and I don't understand anything from what I've read. So if anyone could please try to explain how it works. I would be most appreciative!

Deleted
    You beat Normal, then Nightmare, follow up on Hell only to succumb to Inferno.

When do you beat normal? Do you beat normal when you completed all the acts? Then start over with the same gear you had on normal just in nightmare? Non of the responses every given has made me any wiser in terms of knowledge to D3 difficulty.

Yes, play through it on easier difficulties, as you won't stand a chance on the harder ones until you lvl up. then try your hand at Inferno, its supposed to be stupid difficult from what I have read

Quote Originally Posted by zaiid View Post
    Will someone please explain in a little detailed version of how the Daiblo difficulties work. Been seraching for weeks, and I don't understand anything from what I've read. So if anyone could please try to explain how it works. I would be most appreciative!

you lvl up in normal gain gear, then move to nightmare gain gear (think still level up maybe?), then move to hell, then to inferno which a blue post said is almost impossible.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    The game becomes exponentially more difficult with each increase in difficulty but the gear you find is much, much more powerful

Diablo is essentially a very long gear grind

The goal being to have good enough gear to be able to farm Inferno and gear up all your other characters.

In writing it sounds boring. In practice, its a blast
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

How this worked in the second game and we can assume it will be similar in the third. You beat the final boss in normal mode like people said above and you continue with your character to nightmare mode and start the game over. The items that drop in nightmare although will be similar to what you saw in normal mode are now better than what you got at the end of normal mode.

For instance and these are completely made up in normal mode in the first act you get a tunic in the first act of nightmare mode you get a sharkskin tunic ect.

Still no solid answer to WHEN you can do Nightmare. Do I choose nightmare after I completed all the acts on normal?

Deleted
    Still no solid answer to WHEN you can do Nightmare. Do I choose nightmare after I completed all the acts on normal?
    Indeed you do

Yes. If you play on softcore there is zero reason not to go to nightmare the second you finish act IV normal. The worst that can happen is you die, in which case you'll still eventually plow through it anyway.

The only difference between the difficulties is that the monsters are higher level and come with more affixes, and in the case of D2 there were more of them, though I haven't been to nightmare yet in D3 to confirm this still being the case.

In the end, unless you're hardcore and thus afraid of dying, not moving on with the logical game progression would be silly. You finish the main storyline and you've finished normal. So you go do it again, only tougher. There really isn't a gear or skill or level indicator that tells you when to move up, most if not all players will move on the second they finish act IV of the previous difficulty. The obvious except here being Inferno, as it is likely people will need to farm gear in hell to survive it from what we're led to believe.

And by the way, what is a hardcore character?

Edit: When I complete all the acts on normal. WHat level should I be before I start nightmare?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A hardcore character is a character that is permanently gone when that character is killed. There is no resurrection and no way to possibly retrieve the items from said character.

So that means, if I die, I have to level from level 1?

One life to live, better make it count.

If you die, you lose everything. You can no longer log in to the game on that character. You don't respawn at last checkpoint, you're forcibly removed from the game permanently. It may as well be a force delete but they'll let you keep the dead character on your account if you want.

Deleted

Edit: When I complete all the acts on normal. WHat level should I be before I start nightmare?
    In hardcore if you die your character stays dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    A hardcore character is a character that is permanently gone when that character is killed. There is no resurrection and no way to possibly retrieve the items from said character.
    Then why would anyone do it?

pretty sure its when you die you stay dead.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So that means, if I die, I have to level from level 1?
    Yep. Hardcore is a completely different play style. It adds another element to traditional hack n' slash.

Then why would anyone do it?
    For the challenge.

It can vary. If you start the next difficulty and feel you are not properly geared, you can always go back and farm the end bosses on the easier difficulty for better gear. For the most part, they ease you in at first.

Dont know, cant fucking log in. "DERP SERVERS R 2 BUSY LULZ"

But you don't have to play hardcore on any difficulty right? You can do inferno without hardcore and still get the same loot?