Page 1 of 2
LastLast

12+ years to get it right...Nine things I'm thinking here.

9 things I think, that only I think, that nobody else gives two.... about. (Copying Peter King's style much?)

1) The game will possibly be quite fun once everything is addressed.

2) It sucks for us people who have been eagerly awaiting this game for years. Yes, we wanted it from the first moment it is playable. No, waiting sucks. Yes, I'm tired and cranky.

3) Apparently the data from the "stress test" didn't help too much.

4) The 12:01am PDT "flip the switch, flood the servers!" idea sucks. No matter how many zillions of Wow players they may have, they couldn't handle the load last night.

5) I hate not being able to play a game when I intend on playing single-player. (Yes, that again...)

6) How does this bug make its way to release day? http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/di...lower-a-shield

7) I care more about gameplay than graphics. It doesn't look as good as a game I'd expect to see in 2012, but I perhaps when you take 12+ years to develop a game, certain elements (such as graphics?) may fall behind.

8) When all is said and done, Diablo 2 may be remembered as the best of the entire franchise. I just wish I could get it working better on Windows 7.

9) Diablo 3 beaten in 7 hours? No. Diablo is beaten when you beat all the difficulties. Stupid, stupid media. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Dia...rea,15649.html

i totally agree with this

I think the game looks better than BF3 (as a point of comparison.)

I think it looks technically worse though.

Also, only one major bug that I've seen showing up in release is pretty nice. Could be a Bethesda game.

Could be a Bethesda game.
    btw, i dont like any of bethesda's rpg, elder scrolls ... fallout ... i almost puke when i play those, idk why its just disgusting for me :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

8) When all is said and done, Diablo 2 may be remembered as the best of the entire franchise. I just wish I could get it working better on Windows 7.
    Right Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> XP w/ SP3 -> Always run as Administrator

My guess is you cant patch D2? I had this issue too when I decided to start playing again after the recent ladder reset.

Deleted
    tbph diablo is never beat, i still play d2 regularly, my shared stash is truly fabulous (thank you plugy) and my treasure is unlimited!....and so many characters xD

i also hate the fact that theres no offline mode, i mean come on, im waiting on my copy to arrive at the moment and im glad i didnt get it on launch day (oh wait today) because of all these problems :P its absolutely ridiculous, simply by including an offline mode blizzard wouldntve lost so much face :P

anyways everything ive read and such like makes the game seem pretty game, shame about the dumbing down tho :P

oh and as soon as i get enough posts ima post a link to a diablo 3 offline mode petition

Quote Originally Posted by Hrusai View Post
    tbph diablo is never beat, i still play d2 regularly, my shared stash is truly fabulous (thank you plugy) and my treasure is unlimited!....and so many characters xD

i also hate the fact that theres no offline mode, i mean come on, im waiting on my copy to arrive at the moment and im glad i didnt get it on launch day (oh wait today) because of all these problems :P its absolutely ridiculous, simply by including an offline mode blizzard wouldntve lost so much face :P

anyways everything ive read and such like makes the game seem pretty game, shame about the dumbing down tho :P

oh and as soon as i get enough posts ima post a link to a diablo 3 offline mode petition
    this never gonna happen ...

9) Diablo 3 beaten in 7 hours? No. Diablo is beaten when you beat all the difficulties. Stupid, stupid media. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Dia...rea,15649.html
    Get used to it... Diablo fans are going to be in for a LONG MISLEADING WAR on the forums.

As I've said in other posts, gamers today do not believe in "Harder Difficulties" = "Content". Just look at how DS is struggling to keep players in WoW. Only about 2% ever cleared DS heroic... the primary reason isn't that the raids are too hard, but that people just don't give a damn to clear it 3x over.

Now you're expecting the CORE gameplay for players to beat a game 4x over!?

That's where the BIG destruction point is going to come at - Diablo fans understand that the core gameplay of Diablo is pounding through multiple difficulties constantly upgrading your gear. Today's gamers who have NOT played Diablo I or II do NOT believe in that philosophy as today's games do not "repeat content at harder levels" and were expecting a much different game by today's standards.

Just look at all the people complaining about Reshash dungeons in WoW. So what that they give better gear, they want NEW content - not old content repeated at a harder setting. :P

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Right Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> XP w/ SP3 -> Always run as Administrator

My guess is you cant patch D2? I had this issue too when I decided to start playing again after the recent ladder reset.
    I'll try that. I did most of the jumping-through-hoops to try to get it working. Various things going on as I played with my kids in the same house, one couldn't enter Act 2, just always froze on the loading screen (windows 7). Then the color palette issue on one, and I can't even remember the rest.

Would be nice that once Blizzard makes their financial killing with D3 they will then go back and patch D2 with a Windows 7 compatibility patch.

Deleted
    if blizzard ignores their community, its detrimental to their business, if the petition gets enough signatures, they'll have to take notice, or lose crediblity and more importantly to a business, sales....so on the proviso that people sign it, yes it could easily happen,

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 08:08 PM ----------

oh and mikeyd try disabling desktop composition, also under compatiblity

10+ Year Old Account
    i equippted a shield on him... so am i screwed?

Nope. The screaming about this years ago would have caused them to implement it before launch.
    Internet is about as household as TV now, especially if you are financially stable enough to afford this game in the first place . I am one of those who would've liked offline too but can definitely understand their justification for doing so.

EDIT If you're not a DH you're probably not screwed, but you shouldn't until they hotfix it.

Game is getting trashed in reviews

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    Where, show me one professionaly written review and not a blog of some whiney idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    Still have yet to find a review worth a damn, quality-wise.

9 things I think, that only I think, that nobody else gives two.... about. (Copying Peter King's style much?)

1) The game will possibly be quite fun once everything is addressed.

2) It sucks for us people who have been eagerly awaiting this game for years. Yes, we wanted it from the first moment it is playable. No, waiting sucks. Yes, I'm tired and cranky.

3) Apparently the data from the "stress test" didn't help too much.

4) The 12:01am PDT "flip the switch, flood the servers!" idea sucks. No matter how many zillions of Wow players they may have, they couldn't handle the load last night.

5) I hate not being able to play a game when I intend on playing single-player. (Yes, that again...)

6) How does this bug make its way to release day? http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/di...lower-a-shield

7) I care more about gameplay than graphics. It doesn't look as good as a game I'd expect to see in 2012, but I perhaps when you take 12+ years to develop a game, certain elements (such as graphics?) may fall behind.

Nicely put indeed.

A game is beaten when the final boss is beaten.

This "difficulty" bullshit is really starting to get to me, reminds me of people commenting "you didn't clear content cause you didn't clear it on heroic".

IT'S THE SAME CONTENT. The "HARDER" one only requires you to grind more for better gear and to use Ventrilo. That's not skill, that's a waste of time on THE SAME CONTENT.

If in 2012 this is still your idea of "incentive" to "progress" in a game then you're still back in Burning Crusade area baby. MOVE ON, players have.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2012-05-15 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post

IT'S THE SAME CONTENT. The "HARDER" one only requires you to grind more for better gear and to use Ventrilo. That's not skill, that's a waste of time on THE SAME CONTENT.
    Diablo is not for you. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick and tired of this "They had 12 years to fix this"

So let me get this straight... When you're 12 years old, and you cant ride a bike yet... Do people say "You've had 12 years to work on it"?

No. They have not been working on it for 12. Stop saying that, and stop thinking that a single issue like this could have even been fathomed just a few years ago. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    A game is beaten when the final boss is beaten.

This "difficulty" bullshit is really starting to get to me, reminds me of people commenting "you didn't clear content cause you didn't clear it on heroic".

If in 2012 this is still your idea of "incentive" to "progress" in a game then you're still back in Burning Crusade area baby. MOVE ON, players have.

Because in normal when you can actually make mistakes and take hits from mobs and get away with getting hit by this or that or not moving out of that is the exact same skill as avoid one shots, being able to control cooldowns, being able to kite properly, using the right tactics, watching out for invisible walls (pun intended) etc. Yes if you can do it on normal you can do it on inferno! /sarcasm