Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't login so I couldn't tell you.

I like it probally an 8/10. Also if you do like the lore and gather the books lying around u get bonus exp

Im loving the game, just killed first boss in act 2 before server shutdown, having a blast 10/10 easy

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the most fun Ive had with a video game since Vanilla WoW came out. Im lucky enough to have 3 other friends to play with on VOIP. Its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    OP - oI'll forewarn you of one fact that most Diablo fans do NOT understand about players complaining the game is too short.

The story of the game is SECOND to the core gameplay... the core gameplay is focused on ONE THING - progressing throughREPEATED DIFFICULTY MODES VIA GETTING BETTER GEAR. That's why people are claiming the game feels short because the Final Boss goes down, and that's the end of any new visual content from that point on.

After you beat the final boss on Normal - the game is NOT DONE to Diablo players. The game BEGINS at that point as now you're REPEAT the same game through Nightmare Mode, then you REPEAT the same game through HELL mode, then you REPEAT the same game through Inferno Mode.

And you keep REPEATING the game getting more and more gear.

Remember that... it's not Warcraft... you do NOT get "new dungeons" or "alternate gameplay" when you beat the final boss. You just repeat the exact same game all over again, but with harder enemies and bosses each progressive time.
    This was informative, never played D1 or D2 and i was sitting here getting bored mindlessly hacking away XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    it's exactly what I expected so far I didn't plan on being on for the launch so I avoided that issue all together it's what was advertised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    dude, for me diablo 3 is 10/10

awesome game, awesome gameplay, awesome history
    I'll ask again in 6 months when everyone is bored of the game because they have 5 level 60s.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 so far.

The good:
    The environments are engaging and visually appealing.
    Enemies are intelligent and have diverse abilities.
    Stamina/fatigue is gone.
    Being able to click on a player's banner to teleport to them is amazing
    Boss fights are more than tank and spank (act 1 end boss was so fun!)
    The matchmaking system works flawlessly.
    You unlock hardcore mode at level 10.

The iffy:
    I'm not sure how I feel about the AH, I'll wait a month or so before I pass judgement.
    4 player max for co-op

The bad:
    No PvP at launch.
    Having to log in (no offline / single player mode)

All in all, the game is solid and smooth. The music is great, the cinematics are top-notch, and it just straight up feels like diablo. I'm having a blast, well worth the money.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-05-15 at 09:33 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I was able to get almost 10 hours of gameplay halfway into act 3, so for definite 10/10.... Blizzard servers however 2/10. But that should be fixed in a day or to so if you have more patience than me give it a day or 2 before playing to get the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'll ask again in 6 months when everyone is bored of the game because they have 5 level 60s.
    Thats not a very good argument with an arpg. They have very long shelf lives. I know plenty of people who were still playing D2 up until D3 came out. Or were still dipping into TQ or Torchlight. 6 months of being 60 is nothing for the main playerbase of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    i take back what i said, i read some of the low scores given to diablo 3 and they do make great points about drm the way blizz screwed up the game making it online only.
    Metacritic got raided by /v/ who hates corporate american companies. Don't use the User reviews on Metacritic for anything, EVER.

All I can really tell you is that I've been having a great time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    You must be used to wow, where being at the max level is some kind of remote accomplishment. You can have 5 levels 60's, but if you don't have the gear or the skill to clear Inferno, which people will be farming for ages to get more gear to progress further, it doesn't mean shit.

Same shit as in Diablo 2, which people still play to this day.

10/10.
    Really awesome game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My feeling is that while the game is fun the primary source of amusement so far has been my IRL friends that I play with. The game is more or less stuck in the same mold of it's predecessors and the lack of innovation is rather apparent. If it weren't for the fact that all my friends are playing it I doubt I would spend more than a week on the game max.

So far it's fairly enjoyable. I don't enjoy playing alone, but eventually when I play with a few friends I will really have a blast. This is the type of game that I need to play with friends or it's so boring by yourself.

Its awesome, Having a blast.

And this game is showing why a site like metacritic is trash for certain reviews. All the negative reviews are from angry kids, organized spam from other sites/groups, and people that can't handle waiting an hour to play a game....
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-05-15 at 09:42 PM.

I'm almost done act 2 and so far I'd give the game an 8/10. How much you enjoy the game really comes down to how many other games you've played in the genre and how big of a fan of the genre you are. Personally, the game feels a bit dated to me. I always felt that MMOs were the successor to the Diablo style of game play, so as an MMO player it feels like going back in time. Don't get me wrong, its definitely fun if this is your style of game. It feels like Diablo, and thats definitely a good thing, but it doesn't feel as revolutionary as D1 and D2 were. There are a lot of games that have come out since D2 like Torchlight and Titan's Quest that have done the genre just as well.

Basically what I'm saying is if you've never played a Diablo or Hack-N-Slash game then you'll probably love it. If you moved onto MMOs from Diablo style games then you may or may not like it. At any rate be prepared to run the same content over and over alot of times. I suspect theres gonna be a long time until the game gets another act.

watched some guys stream last night and I couldn't believe how quick the game was. They basically steamrolled through the entire game and killed diablo (hell difficulty), it was over in a few hours.

Looks like a very polished game but I couldn't see much replay value to it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty awesome if you actually get to play it
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.