World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Gaming Mouse

Hey guys...

I bought the WoW gaming mouse a year or so back, and I've been enjoying it enough for use in WoW. As far as PC games go, I very rarely play other games. However, on the very rare occasion I do try to play another game (in the most recent case, Diablo 3) I can't even use the extra mouse buttons to bind skills. I'll go into the key binding areas in the options and when I click one of the mouse buttons it doesn't even register.

Any ideas? And I don't want any "LOL U SHULD'V GOTTEN TEH RAZR NAGA BRO!" answers. I'd just like to see if anyone can help me figure out why these buttons aren't working in anything other than WoW... is there an option I have to enable somewhere?

Deleted
    Probably because the other games don't recognise the extra actionbuttons, I don't think there's anything you can do personally.

Deleted
    A very quick search on Google reveals this:

You can create a new profile for other games and bind the various buttons on the mouse to keyboard buttons which are recognised in the game you're playing.
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2012-05-15 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Create macros via the mouse's software and use them in your new game. I find binding the numpad buttons to the extra mouse buttons works well. I did this for SWTOR.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    A very quick search on Google reveals this:

You can create a new profile for other games and bind the various buttons on the mouse to keyboard buttons which are recognised in the game you're playing.
    I'm not quite sure how to do that... in the mouse options, it only allows me to set the buttons to actual WoW commands. I.E., Action Button 1, Pet Attack, etc. I have no idea how to set it to keyboard buttons...

Deleted
    I'm not quite sure how to do that... in the mouse options, it only allows me to set the buttons to actual WoW commands. I.E., Action Button 1, Pet Attack, etc. I have no idea how to set it to keyboard buttons...
    Another super quick Google search ("wow cataclysm mouse how create new profile") reveals some information:

Here's the manual for the mouse: http://cdn.steelseries.com/userguide...er%20Guide.pdf

Some guys says here:

it is done through the 'Custom Macros' option.

Button assignment -> Custom Macros -> New
    Select the record delay option, input the commands as you normally would on screen. Save the macro and exit the macro manager.

This macro will apply to whatever button you chose to edit and it will also show up in the button assignment -> "custom macros" section so you can apply it to any key.
    Credit goes to: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...e-buttons.html

Hope this is useful

(I don't have this mouse, so hopefully somebody who has it can post here and help you out more than the noob called Me)
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2012-05-15 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Another super quick Google search ("wow cataclysm mouse how create new profile") reveals some information:

Here's the manual for the mouse: http://cdn.steelseries.com/userguide...er%20Guide.pdf

Some guys says here:

Credit goes to: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...e-buttons.html

Hope this is useful

(I don't have this mouse, so hopefully somebody who has it can post here and help you out more than the noob called Me)
    Alright, I'll go check these out. I appreciate the help, by the way, I really need to learn to use google better. I tried doing searches all morning, I just need to get better keywords down I suppose, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    just create macros with the num buttons
    1-9