Recommend me a router to stream movies to my TV

Currently I'm using a Motorola SB6120 modem and a Cisco/Linksys WRT120N router streaming movies to my Samsung TV. My issue is this, when I stream movies from my computer to my TV I get a loading prompt after watching the movie for a few seconds when the movie exceeds ~15gb. If the movie is ~14gb or smaller I don't get the loading message on the TV so I assume my router is having a difficult time streaming the larger movies. Would a different router able to send data more quickly help out in this situation? If so, are there any recommendations on the brand? My tv is about 30 feet from the router and I have full signal from the TV to the router so it's not the lack of wifi signal causing the loading prompts.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it probably wont be a permanent solution but try using a wired connection from the same router before spending money on another wireless.
    assuming it still has the same issue it could just be the tv or whatever streamer box.

Well, wired will always be the best, especially streaming. Plus, I can't seem to find any information in regards to it being dual band, which means that it must be 2.4ghz only. This will cause issues with other routers (that might be within range of your house/apartment) among other things like phones, microwaves, baby monitors, ect. You can try a different channel, good ones are usually 1, 9, 11. Also, from what I found on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124344), it only will do 10/100 for wired. If you were to upgrade to a new router, I'd grab a gigabit one (which almost all of them do now anyways).

In terms on what brand to recommend, I can't really say, mostly because what works great for me might not work great for you. Plus, you are going to see a bunch of 'I have xxx router, so you should get it too" comments.

I've had fairly good luck with DLink routers, while having major issues with Netgear.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the wifi is built in to the tv and there is not a way, short of hooking up a laptop via hdmi cables, to have a wired connection. I was hoping there would be some sort of router or something that can stream larger amounts of data then what my router was capable of. I'll look into a gigabit one but I'm still open to suggestions from anyone else.

Deleted
    I think it's the TV's software. See if there's an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    Well, wired will always be the best, especially streaming. Plus, I can't seem to find any information in regards to it being dual band, which means that it must be 2.4ghz only. This will cause issues with other routers (that might be within range of your house/apartment) among other things like phones, microwaves, baby monitors, ect. You can try a different channel, good ones are usually 1, 9, 11. Also, from what I found on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124344), it only will do 10/100 for wired. If you were to upgrade to a new router, I'd grab a gigabit one (which almost all of them do now anyways).

In terms on what brand to recommend, I can't really say, mostly because what works great for me might not work great for you. Plus, you are going to see a bunch of 'I have xxx router, so you should get it too" comments.

I've had fairly good luck with DLink routers, while having major issues with Netgear.
    I think this is your best advice^! I myself have a cheap $30 netgear router from Walmart that I stream movies w/ to my PS3 and have zero problems but I have yet to stream a 14 GB movie. As someone else said look for an update for your T.V. such as wifi drivers and such, that may do wonders for you!

Side note: I have had the opposite experience as you, nothing but problems w/ DLink. "Different Strokes for Different Folks"

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    I think it's the TV's software. See if there's an update.
    Thanks for that, however the TV is up to date on it's software. I believe the issue is strictly to due with the size of the movie being streamed to it. Anything under 14gb seems to stream just fine. It's once I hit the 15gb and up plateau that the TV has to "buffer" more of the video resulting in pauses in the movies. I'll keep looking and thanks for all the advice so far.