10+ Year Old Account

Pvp frost noob dk needs advice

Thought about giving pvp on my dk a try.. but outside of normal gearing, do I need spell pen with frost? if so, how much?
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Deleted
    I would try spellpen, but first hear for full str

If you don't want your Silence and whatnot to miss, then yeah - 195 or 245(?) against Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    know the str was highly obvious, but wasn't sure if they needed spell pen for the diseases or not...

and with ur response, I thank u... Seeing all the views but no responses was about to deleted post...

Spell Pen, followed by a ton of str. You should check out arenajunkies.com; I'm sure anything major question wise will be answered there.
    One thing I can tell you (Although I'm a mage, never had a DK), is that you want to hold off on DGing until the enemy blinks/disengages/lock portals/etc away from you. Otherwise you're left being kited around and looking even worse X_x

Deleted
    195 is good spell pen cap, people might be resisting you in very rare situations (holy paladin aura mastery with resist aura, mage with mage armour and resist buff from external source)

Enchant cloak for 70 spellpen, and in your 3 blue gem slots go for 2x50 spellpen and 1x25 spellpen+25 resilience.
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-05-16 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spellpen, not resistance

Above is accurate. With 195 you will see the occasional resist from mages. Then Str. Mastery or Haste will be next based on your DK spec.

Spell Pen+Str will do it

195 is all you need. nobody uses resist enchants, you can loltrain a mage with mage armor, and all paladins run concentration aura

do one of the following

70 + 50 + 50 + 25 (cloak 2 blues 1 green)
    70 + 63 + 32 + 32 (cloak 1 blue 2 greens, what I personally use DK's need a lot of resilience)
    70 + 63 + 63 + 50str (cloak 2 blues ignore one socket bonus)

Does spell pen also affect the effectiveness of death grip? This is something I recently was informed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopraecordia View Post
    Does spell pen also affect the effectiveness of death grip? This is something I recently was informed of.
    Death Grip is resistible, meaning Spell Penetration can negate that chance.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-05-21 at 04:16 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Death Grip is resistible, meaning Spell Penetration can negate that chance.
    Quoted for truth. The LAST thing you want is to have that grip resisted when you need it the most. Really that is the only thing that you REALLY need the Spell pen for but it is too important to not have the spell pen for.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so 195 spell pen, and then the usually gems...gotcha.... cool, thx.