High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Monk & Realm Related Question

Firstly, I'm slightly confused when it comes to dual 1h vs 2h weapons for a Monk or even Barb I suppose. An example is having a 2h weapon with 20 DPS or use two 1h weapons that both have 18 DPS. Clearly in my mind there would be no reason to ever 2h any weapon because it lowers your damage. Is this logic correct? Opinions?

Secondly, considering the NA server is down I decided to jump onto the EU server (I live West Coast). I noticed that my latency was actually lower then when I played on the NA server.... has anyone else noticed this?
    "So what do you guys do outside of video games?"
    <Awkward silence, pause>

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think it's like this.

When you dual wield you don't attack with both weapons at once, you alternate hitting with your MH and OH: so if you have a MH that does 18 dps and an OH that does 16 dps you're not doing 34 dps, you're averaging 17 dps because you hit once with your MH and once with your OH (this also means the on hit effects of any weapon like poison damage alternate). So what's the difference? pretty much your gameplay preferences. I play a monk as well, and for example if I want to make him cooldown based with abilities that hit really hard but you can't use a lot I'd go 2H, so my Daibo-infused Seven sided strike and runed breath of heaven for example will do lots of damage and I'll fill those in with my very slow but strong focus generators; if I'm DW, I'll focus more on finishers since my focus regen will be faster because of my increased attack speed, so I'll run with exploding palm, a poison weapon and a bleed weapon to make sure I can spam palm and have everything around me explode because of the dots. I think that's how it works at least.

I have no idea about your server question tho :/

Aye, as I monk I found it much more fun to have Light of Heaven, the Teleport/kick thing, and the Kick Finisher with fire rune, and use 2 1H weapons to attack fast and rebuild Energy quickly, while spamming my energy using attacks when I have over 50% energy.

I'm also using the -25% damage and speed to enemies 'main' attack. Blew through Act 1 that way, and after trying a Daebo halfway through the act, I hated it and switched back.

I actually like to have Daggers or fist weapons if at all possible.

Trident Spirit generator
    Increased Knockback Kick
    Blind
    Rush
    3sec protection shield

I killed the butcher with this with absolute ease. Should be getting that rendered and uploaded soon.