Level 60 too easily obtainable?

I played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, probably my favorite games of all time with WoW, I also really enjoy Diablo 3 so far, but I just feel like level 60 is too easy to get, it's been 1 day, and some people already reached that level.

What I liked in Diablo2 is that level 99 was actually really hard to obtain, you needed countless and countless of runs (without dieing), it kind of gave a feeling, an accomplishment that was never achieved.

What do people think? Will it still be fun to play just to get through Inferno? I Guess that's what the game is designed about for hardcore players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was shocked to hear about lv60s already.
    Everyone raved about the replay ability, but if people are already 60, and going for Inferno, later this week I presume to be clocked, and then on to Hell, which will be hard as well, but probably no match for some players.
    I just don't see where all this replay ability is, if this is the case. Seems to be another game hyped up that isn't going to live up to it's potential, but I guess over the next couple of weeks, we shall see.
    Once everyone stops QQing about Error37 that is.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    You say the game stops being fun because the best players in the world have reached max level?

Don't care about others, just enjoy the game.

Seriously? Then its a joke.
    One of the things i liked in D2 is that u had to play for months or longer to get 99.

Deleted
    I'm sure Athene ran each difficulty quite a few times before hitting 60.

However, I do think you have a point. Level 60 in Diablo III is like reaching the level cap in World of Warcraft. A feat yes, but not a particularly challenging one. Just a matter of time really, and not even all that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Diablo III was essentially all about farming Inferno non-stop and everything prior to that is considered "leveling content".

I also think the character system really undermines the replay-value of the game, since once you have 5 level 60s, there's no reason to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    You say the game stops being fun because the best players in the world have reached max level?

Don't care about others, just enjoy the game.

Normally I would completely agree with a statement like this. Enjoy what you are doing dont worry about what other strangers are doing is a good attitude to a point in games. However as others have stated 99 took a long time to hit and that is what made the game fun was having to keep working towards something. If ppl hit the lvl cap in a day filled with d/cs lag and other issues then I worry about any longevity of the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by BestPriestWorld View Post
    I played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, probably my favorite games of all time with WoW, I also really enjoy Diablo 3 so far, but I just feel like level 60 is too easy to get, it's been 1 day, and some people already reached that level.

What I liked in Diablo2 is that level 99 was actually really hard to obtain, you needed countless and countless of runs (without dieing), it kind of gave a feeling, an accomplishment that was never achieved.

What do people think? Will it still be fun to play just to get through Inferno? I Guess that's what the game is designed about for hardcore players.
    Yep hardcore player should run inferno and get there the best items possible (just like in WoW where you run heroic raids). For the more hardcore player there's still the option to roll a hardcore character which can only die once and with such a character it's a far more difficult challenge to get to level 60 or to beat inferno. Also nobody really knows how hard inferno is. There are already some people I think who play inferno but I heard nothing about someone beating the first boss on inferno. Furthermore Blizzard stated that on inferno each boss has an enrage and mobs are a lot stronger and from what I've seen in gameplay videos from people playing inferno it is really hard.

Athene is not a particularly good player at all, even in WoW, he's never been, he just has the time and money to do so atm.

However that's not the point, I just feel they should have made lvl 60 way harder to achieve, 1 day sounds pretty pathetic, do you know anyone that reached level 60 the day after WoW came out?
    Last edited by BestPriestWorld; 2012-05-16 at 07:36 AM.