Deleted

Arma 2 mod - day z

I had a look around and I couldn't find a thread about this game - apologies if I've missed one (if you would link me to it that would be sweet).

Who is playing this game? It looks so good I'm so tempted to buy it, but was wondering if anyone had any feedback about it.

For those that don't know what it is check out this site:

http://www.dayzmod.com/news.php

10+ Year Old Account
    i play that and i can sum it up real fast, la la la walking oh look people YOU WANT TO GRO- *SHOT DEAD beans taken...*

I have watched a few videos of it, looks really intense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but thanks for bringing DayZ to my attention, bought ARMA 2 now

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post

There are a bunch of tools that kill people for sport. Walk into a large town, expect to get sniped. I've tried to play the game seriously, but every time I get shot in the back and lose all my shit. So lately I just run around making massive trains of zombies will playing the Yakety Sax song over the headset.

Deleted
    I'm really considering getting Arma II to play this. Also considering getting Mount & Blade Warband and Batman Arkham City however. Bloody choices.

Deleted
    I have arma 2 it's great but Arma 3 is coming soon(ish) I'd personally wait for that. Arma multiplayer is not the greatest. single player is somewhat expected from a war simulator game, (note not a modern FPS) their is a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    I have arma 2 it's great but Arma 3 is coming soon(ish) I'd personally wait for that. Arma multiplayer is not the greatest. single player is somewhat expected from a war simulator game, (note not a modern FPS) their is a huge difference.
    Personally more interested in the mod, and from an interview I read, it would be at least a year before Day Z came to Arma 3. So idk, I'm sitting on the fence at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Hah let me know what you think.

I'm tempted.. but 25 quid on steam seems a lil too step for a game this old...

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obaama View Post
    Hah let me know what you think.

I'm tempted.. but 25 quid on steam seems a lil too step for a game this old...
    How the mighty have fallen... I've gone and purchased it.

To be fair, I'm happy to pay 25 quid for a game that had included mod tools for the community.. unlike bf3....

Quote Originally Posted by obaama View Post
    How the mighty have fallen... I've gone and purchased it.

To be fair, I'm happy to pay 25 quid for a game that had included mod tools for the community.. unlike bf3....
    I know how you feel, I waited a few days hoping they'd drop the price. Couldn't wait anymore wanted to get in their and murder and explore.

Deleted
    Looks great. Everything i want from a true zombie survival. But right now it's too unstable for me to part ways with my £££. I'll wait until Arma II goes on sale, or until the mod gets polished a bit more.

Anyone care to join me right now, Just started playing have no clue how to talk to people and It's pitch black out. In the past 30 minutes i've managed to move 10 feet drop a flare and fill up my canine.

Yeah I've been playing for a week now. This mod is just fucking fantastic, nothing else to say. Try it yourself. It's in alpha mind you.

PS: this mod pushed Arma 2 to the best selling game on Steam
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.