Thread: Pvp Only

Pvp Only

So im going to Do RaF again for the 100th time to get one of my friends in the game, and i have no idea what to level. I wanna level a class strictly for pvp only. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Rogue, always going to be in a strong position.

These threads aren't really allowed. Play what you want.

We can't even specifically help you because you haven't specified a role. If you can play every role than any class you pick will be PVP viable for leveling through BGs.

Are you going to be PvPing with your friend, or are you going to be PvPing with other players?

If you are going to be PvPing with your friend then respond with what class/spec you think they'll play and you can decide from there.

If not, I'd suggest looking on the PvP ladders and looking at popular comps/specs/classes. In addition to that, decide if you want it to be a healer, melee or range before deciding which class you'd like to play. This helps to narrow out the viable specs/classes.

Rogues, Mages and Locks are always good in PvP. The other classes in my experience have up and downs. Locks are borderline I guess. They've been bad though it hasn't been for long.
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2012-05-17 at 05:50 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Locks, imo, are the hardest class to be very good at in PvP.

Frost mages are an all-around great class/spec, have survivability (second only to rogue), solid damage, creative play.

Rogues are the most powerful class in PvP atm imo, have the best survival, control, and damage all combined. They have a spot in any comp and every RBG make up.

Druid

Feral is great, on par with a rogue

Resto is great, very fun and plenty of utility

Boomkin is great, if you like being a chicken with horns
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Druid

Feral is great, on par with a rogue

Resto is great, very fun and plenty of utility

Boomkin is great, if you like being a chicken with horns
    Agreed, druid is not the best at anything but is competitive in all 3.

Feral: Not as much control but INCREDIBLE burst and mobility.

Resto: The "weakest" of the PvP healers, but the most robust and creative.

Boomchicken: Excellent dmg, many of the tools from druid and if can fight right below the radar massive and fast ranged dps.

Druid will always have ONE spec viable.

If you want to never have a season where you aren't viable, don't roll a pure.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Druid will always have ONE spec viable.

If you want to never have a season where you aren't viable, don't roll a pure.
    Actually no pures ever had a bad season, Resto Druids are horrid tho, also at feral having little cc, it actually has the most (consistent) cc of all melee(EVEN MORE THAN ROGUES!),balance is fine-ish. if you want to do pvp, go rogue, always been viable if you can play, and always will be.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Actually no pures ever had a bad season, Resto Druids are horrid tho, also at feral having little cc, it actually has the most (consistent) cc of all melee(EVEN MORE THAN ROGUES!),balance is fine-ish. if you want to do pvp, go rogue, always been viable if you can play, and always will be.
    Hunters say hi.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Hunters say hi.
    Silly juice, Hunters don't count!
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Hunters say hi.
    In b4 he tries to counter "No pure has EVER had a bad season" with "hunters have had ONE good season".

Hunters say hi.
    I don't know much of the TBC hunters, but I know 2 hunters that are s3 and s4 R1, then the same hunter has s6 r1, etc. however, he's been glad almost all seasons, just to list the hunter FoTM comps over the years. Beastcleave, ATC, KFC, PHDK, Thug, and I have no idea what the ret/hunt/healer cleave is called. Even today, Braindeadly is running glad hunter ratings, and all good hunters, are having a blast, if you think they've had a bad season... you don't follow the pvp scene. For christs sake a hunter won blizzcon!
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    These threads aren't really allowed. Play what you want.
    Correct. You'll get about as many different answers as there are classes and it basically means the thread as a whole is pointless.