Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Worth buying D3?

This is coming from someone who hasn't played D1 or D2 before. I just played the Beta, the impression it gave me over the game was ok. Now, I didn't get anual pass, so I didn't get "free" Diablo. From what I've speaken with different people, they told me it's great enough, but that they wont spend like 60 euro's on it. The problem that influences my decision most is the money ofc. I got like 80 euro saved money atm . And coming from a country where the average salary is around 150 euro, it's pretty hard to save up money ofc, + that i play WoW aswell. What would you do ?

well i know this isnt something thats prob withly shared here

but no DIII is not worth the 60e (45e if you know where to buy), i expect it to be 40/30e within 3months
    after the hype has moved on... i also think alot of "new to diablo" players will not play it aslong as the "omg i waited so long for this" players
    the game itself is very nice and good and fun... but 60e for a pc game is redicule

In my opinion, yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have never played D1 or D2, but took the risk to purchase D3. I have only played through Act 1, but I love the game! It is very immersive for a clicker, and I can say that the monk class is especially entertaining, for me. I would give this game a 9.5/10! I really recommend it!

Deleted
    Shop around, if you don't mind waiting for a physical copy and buying online you can find it much cheaper than battle.net

Also if you're not sure, wait a month for starter edition (or obtain a free guest pass), and try before you buy

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    well i know this isnt something thats prob withly shared here

but no DIII is not worth the 60e (45e if you know where to buy), i expect it to be 40/30e within 3months
    after the hype has moved on... i also think alot of "new to diablo" players will not play it aslong as the "omg i waited so long for this" players
    the game itself is very nice and good and fun... but 60e for a pc game is redicule
    Its far more worth it than allmost any triple-A game that launched last year.. but ye sure wait for 4 months if you want its still the same game then..

I was never a D1/2 player either and if it wasn't for the annual pass I probably would of passed over this game. With that said I have found to really enjoy it and consider it one of the better games to come out since the holiday season 2011. Yes we all know about the server stability issues they have been having but once you get past that it really is a fun game. I am not sure how long it will hold me as I am no completionist and could care less about beating the game on hell or inferno mode, but will give it a try. I believe people who bought the physical copy got buddy passes, maybe someone could help you out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% Yes!

However if money is a concern then I'm not sure. You could always wait until the trial edition starts to see if you like it and by then the price might have dropped.

My only warning is that atm the servers can be a bit jumpy atm, I keep getting frequent lag spikes (That only affect D3) and so it may not be a bad idea to wait until the servers are fully sorted. The games sort o been a slight victim of it's own success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I got the annual pass and if I didn't I would've bought it. I mean it may not be for everyone, but the replay value alone makes it worth it for me.

Deleted
    Are Beethoven worth listening?Are Tarkovskij movies worth watching? If answer is yes then you know your answer.If it's no than something is seriously wrong with you.

Deleted
    What are the restrictions on guess passes/ trials ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooky View Post
    What are the restrictions on guess passes/ trials ?
    You get very similar content that was in the beta, which is up to the skeleton king (First boss in Act 1), with a level cap of 13, and no access to the AH I believe. You can still group with your friends and play all 5 classes.

Deleted
    onw word..FUCKING YES..ohh that was 2..Buy it though :P Amazing game

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Its a fun game to come home from work and play for a couple of hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to decide yourself whether you think it's worth the money or not as it will vary on peoples experience with the game.

I'm playing it with 2 friends and we're just 3manning everything taking things slow. Whilst I feel that the game is progressing very fast (the levels aren't too long) it's only the first difficulty level. If you don't enjoy running things over and over on higher diff then it may not be worth your money. If you do and have friends to play with, it can be a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo yes, I wasnt hyped for it at all. Got it because of AP, so I decided to jump on for like an hour with some RL friends just to check it out, I lost time played it for like 14 hours straight and downed Diablo. It's AWESOME:
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

A game cant be worth half a months salery, you gotta be nuts then.

But I wonder were you live, 60 euros is 2-3 hours pay in Norway. Then its just another thing to waste money on.

Deleted
    Well, this is coming from someone who never played d1 or 2 or any games like that, and I thoroughly enjoy the game. So yes I would say it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooky View Post
    This is coming from someone who hasn't played D1 or D2 before. I just played the Beta, the impression it gave me over the game was ok. Now, I didn't get anual pass, so I didn't get "free" Diablo. From what I've speaken with different people, they told me it's great enough, but that they wont spend like 60 euro's on it. The problem that influences my decision most is the money ofc. I got like 80 euro saved money atm . And coming from a country where the average salary is around 150 euro, it's pretty hard to save up money ofc, + that i play WoW aswell. What would you do ?
    Just like I predicted the last weeks before launch and after playing beta.

This game will be a huge MMO killer. No not WOW but all those ridiculous copycats of go fetch 10 rats of this and 5 pigs in space of that.

Diablo 3 is a MUCH needed addition to this game industry which is INFESTED with mediocre shooters, 3D stuff shoulder view and WOW clones and terrible free to play Web browser games.

A pity it is PC only as I think console gamers would swallow it up in no time.

The market is so desperate to new kinds of play and Diablo 2 was soooo long ago, this game will be a revelation to many.

A pity it will generate (again) the usual trashy copycats in no time.

So IF you want to take part in the next wave of year long Diablo stuff: this is your chance.

Shop around the web, but the cheap alternatives are non existent in quality and quantity.