Weapons with Frost damage

Ok, i'm new to Diablo (havent played 1 or 2 and havent played the Beta).

I made a Witch Doctor, and i have a weapon with a Frost Damage added to it.

I suppose that, since i am all the time spamming abilities and never using the "auto attack" or "normal attack" or whatever name has in here i am not using that frost damage, but i am asking just in case.

So, does abilities apply that frost damage or not? Should i even consider it with my Witch Doctor or i ignore it? (i'm low level so i havent found a weapon with "stats" yet).

Deleted
    The damage stats on your weapon are added to every single damaging skill/spell you use.

So if a weapon has a base damage of 20, +3-5 frost, that 3-5 frost is actually counted every time you attack even with a ranged spell or skill.

Then later on if you come across mobs that have resistance to frost; the damage is going to be resisted.

Shouldn't frost be the best extra weapon damage against an army forged in hell.. you know fire and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The damage stats on your weapon are added to every single damaging skill/spell you use.

So if a weapon has a base damage of 20, +3-5 frost, that 3-5 frost is actually counted every time you attack even with a ranged spell or skill.

Then later on if you come across mobs that have resistance to frost; the damage is going to be resisted.
    Thanks then. I will have that into consideration when i upgrade it. Feel free to close the thread, i consider the question solved.