Gold Farming for Twinks

We all know the big bucks (and rares to go with it) are going to be in Hell and Inferno eventually. But for people's first characters, I wonder how/where gold farming could be done. So far the gold drops in this game and item resell value are pretty low, probably to not give you that "I am richer than God" feel D1/2 had early on and because there's an AH to worry about. This makes gold actually become something of a challenge to aquire, especially if you're keeping up to date on your crafting.

So I ask you, the playerbase: Has anyone found a way to keep a revenue coming in pre Nightmare? Any particular runs or redo quests that feed your wallets?

Just keep picking up literally everything except whites.. I got over 50k this way in a matter of 5 hours I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just pick up everything - INCLUDING whites. Sell whites, salvage blues, make better blues, sell those blues...

That's been my strategy so far, whites included. With no TP scrolls to worry about, and no rush on my end, I don't mind hopping back and forth to town. I don't have gold issues in particular, was just wondering if there was a farming spot people were hitting up to get rich.