Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

([Bio]) Tiste Bloodsong - Work in Progress

Hi again, I've been working on my second Bio, this time for my Paladin, I've not started writing out a detailed History yet, but I'm off to the Jujutsu Europeans tomorrow so won't be about for a few days, so I thought i'd leave what I'd written so far here for people to chew over until I return.

Enjoy!

Name: Tiste BloodSong
    Race: Sin'dorei (Blood Elf)
    Class: Blood Knight (Protection Paladin)

Languages:

Tiste knows Thalassian and through his dealings with the forsaken: Common

Faction:

Tiste is a proud member of the Blood Knights as well as the Horde, even if he is overly aware of the western Horde races distrusting his people.

Personality:

Tiste is arrogant, even for a Blood Elf, this is largely due to his young age, he still believes he is better than everyone else, and has little respect for anyone other than his peers within the Blood Knight order, and even then it is often a begrudged respect.

Likes/Dislikes:

Tiste likes his peoples heratige, he is a proud elf. He is still conflicted about the dealings his order had with M'uru and how the conversion to using the renewed sunwells power has had on him personally. Tiste laregely distrusts other people, he has had dealings with the forsaken during his roles within his Blood Knight title, and often gets on well with them, finding they have a similar background of betrayal. Other Horde races are often distrustful of the Sin'dorei, so Tiste is often short with them in return, but still has far better relations with them compared to the alliance. Tiste is fond of Power in all its forms, he believes himself to be a Powerful Blood Knight and often tries har dto proove himself, he aspires to great things, and fully believes he deserves them.

Appearance:

Like most Sin'dorei, Tiste has a very lithe and athletic body. He tends to wear his long, thick pure white hair loose, falling down behind his shoulders. His eyes have slowly started undergoing a change of colour, from the emerald green they glowed when he first started his training as a Blood Knight, they are now slowly turning to a glowing amber with the renewed Sunwells influence upon his power source.

Tiste wears a matching set of dark silver, almost black, plate armour, embelished with hints of purple and red. This was gifted to him from his family armour once he reached adulthood. Tiste tends to forgo wearing a Helmet, prefering to have better use of his senses during combat. Over this he proudly wears his Blood knight Tabbard, showing to all his quick assencion through the ranks to have earned the right to wear his Tabbard.

Tiste has a selection of weapons that he uses, depending upon the situation. Recently Tiste has leaned towards using his Sword and Shield, until recently Tiste prefered to use his Grandfathers Sword, passed onto him when his Grandfather died; or the his favoured Polearm. However during recent years, he has turned more towards the path of protecting others, rather than that of Blood filled retribution; Upon hearing Tiste's pondering his brother, a renounded Blacksmith, crafted a matching Sword and Shield.

((http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...50;67451;50268 <= See here for a rough idea of what the various gear looks like, I'm at work so can't do proper model viewer type thing.))

Strengths/Weaknesses: ((Work In Progress))

History: ((Work In Progress))

As Always, feedback/critiques welcome!

P.S. how is the best way to write in specific items, obviously in game items are looted off people we've killed, are we allowed to claim that we've done the same in RP terms? I'm not generally talking about say killing the LK, but instance bosses etc?
    Last edited by Kuniku; 2012-05-21 at 03:17 PM.

Solid so far, aside from the age. Remember that different races age differently. My sticky about character development should have a link to a wowpedia table on how the major races age. If you want him to be pretty young... I'd probably say he should be around... 140-160 years old, I reckon.

As for whether or not you can claim you've killed an instance boss, or any named NPC for that matter, It's a bit of a slippery slope, so I would say no, I would not recommend it.

Also since I never said it befores, welcome to the RP forums, sir!

15+ Year Old Account
    I did refer to the age guide you like good sir, it seemed to suggest the sin'dorei start to come into adult hood at about 25 years old, and I wanted the character to be a young and impulsive paladin, not yet wisened to the ways of the world, I figured that if he started reasching adulthood at about 25 and is now 32, that gave him a good few years worth of training to become a Blood Knight.

However if you feel this is still to young I shall bow to your knowledge, as I am still quite new to the RP side of things in WoW.

I was concerned that much older he would start to become more mellowed out and get wise etc, and that was something I wanted to role play him into, as I figured it could be a fun bit of character development etc.

I actually looked at that page a couple hours ago and I'm questioning it. One half of the evidence to it is nonexistant. The Sylvanas Story does not say at that particular point that she is "on the cusp of adulthood", merely that she's in her late teens. The other half of evidence says that her sister appears young, which is really a relative term and shouldn't necessarily be representative of her age, since it is known elves tend to age pretty well.

I'll be doing some research on this over the next day or so, but for now I would suggest you go with the ages I threw down. Maaaybe younger at around 120-140.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Madgod. As stated in the other thread with the very young blood elf, he'd essentially be a child. That's one thing. We generally use the 120-as-officially-an-adult age.

Also, most Forsaken don't remember how to speak the Common tongue. They instead speak the bastardized version known as Gutterspeech. It is perfectly normal for a blood elf/high elf to be able to speak Common, however, because they were former members of the Alliance, who of course spoke.. Common. So. Yeah. That's more nitpicking than anything.

And eye color. Madgod, what say you on that front?

Ooh, eye color, I didn't notice that one. Blood Knight eyes did not change due to interaction with M'uru and the Sunwell, so they should generally be some sort of greeny color.

The Sunwell hasn't been back long enough for the fel energy to leave the sin'dorei, so I don't think there could have been a color change due to that. I'd see yellow being a possible color in some years time, but I don't think its all that viable at this point. Hell we don't know how long fel energy takes to dilute, aside from it taking a long time. It's all a bit too murkey to do that much speculation on the subject.

Eye colour = glowing emerald. As for age, I agree with Madgod. And, for claiming you killed instance bosses? Imo, very lower and unimportant bosses should be okay. Not high-end or heavy-lore ones, but like, let's say, FoS first boss? That should be okay, Imo.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

I would disagree with that, honestly. If its a character that is killable in the game, that means any character can do it. That causes paradoxes, if say two different people say that they were the ones to kill the same named character, and paradoxes aren't something you want to have in roleplaying. It ruins a lot of immersion. Your character should be part of the mob in terms of the general whatshappenings of Azeroth. In terms of canon events, you take part generally as a soldier. You aren't the big hero the quests make you out to be; the one that almost single-handedly acomplishes the goals of the group he or she is working for. That part is always taken by "some adventurer" or "a group of heros".

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd take the side of Madgod with the named mob killing. the eyes are also a problem, i'd say a slight hint of their original color after the 3-4 years, but nothing more than a hint. i dont know alot about lore and so on, so i'll not comment about things

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm back from my trip to europe!

thanks for all the updates to the thread, I read in one of the wiki's that Blood elves were starting to revert to their original eye colour now that they werent feeding off fel energies, but if glowing amber eyes is too much thats easily amended.

I didnt think killing instance bosses would be a good shout, but wasnt sure where else to say I got armour from perse?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont believe where you got the item is important, it's just for appearance. however something big, along the lines of shadowmourne or other legendaries, you dont have access to

also welcome home i suppose
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-05-20 at 08:53 PM.

You get weapons and armor from an armory, a blacksmith, or your family as an heirloom. If you're part of any military organization, you will have armor made for you. If you aren't, you can commission a set of armor to be made for you. Pretty much nobody scavenges armor off of corpses. To do so means that they're probably an outcast or from a society which does not have the means to create armor, which I don't really think exists in Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't there nomadic societies in azeroth? doubt they'd have means to make armor.. besides leather and cloth ofcourse

15+ Year Old Account
    ok, cheers again for the help, seeing as I'm not wearing the "traditional" blood knight armour, i need to decide where I got mine from, don't want my brother to have crafted everything . . .

with the age aspect, if 120 is considered "adult" is that still going to end up with a personality similar to that of a 18-22 (ish) year old human? with that sort of inexperience but still thinking you know all kind of arrogance?

I feel at 120 you'd be quite wisened by default?

10+ Year Old Account
    well with age comes wisdom naturally, i'd say aiming at about 100 wouldn't be too yound either, and would still be somewhat arrogant and inexperienced

Well, young adult. 110 is the age when an elf is considered an adult. They're more experienced than say, an orc who's recently become an adult, but there's a lot more self confidence and that can make them cocky and arrogant. They're more 'humanish', being brash and impulsive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    aren't there nomadic societies in azeroth? doubt they'd have means to make armor.. besides leather and cloth ofcourse
    Actually that's not necessarily correct - look at 'normal' history if you want a good comparison. Take the mongols for example. A nomadic people, they used the composite bow - an advanced (for its time) weapon that was small enough to be fired from horseback, but powerful enough to rival larger bows. Using superior, tactics, training, strategy and equipment, they conquered more 'advanced' societies. Bear in mind that historically at least, the main difference between nomadic and settled societies was not so much lack of technology but rather lack of reliance on agriculture and little in the way of written recordings.
    That'd probably translate to societies on Azeroth too
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    I've made some changes, namely the age, eyes and i added a bit about his family gifting his armour from their armoury upon his reaching adulthood. Other than lack of story and strengths and weaknesses are we looking better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Just going to chuck my tuppence worth in with regards to armour/weapons from NPCs.

Would there be anything wrong with saying something like <My Character> was part of a group of adventurers that stormed the <Dark Dingy Castle of Doom> with the aim of killing <Big Tyrannical Bloke>. Once the big, bad had fallen in battle, various items and treasures were taken from his armory/treasure chest/whatever, amongst which were the items that <My Character> uses.

Honest question - I'm a complete RP noob, but it seems a way of keeping it vague on the details - ie: you're still part of a mob, but involving yourself a bit more in events.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with killing <Big Tyrannical Bloke> is that if he's of enough value to be given a name in the world of warcraft, he can only be killed once, meaning the people who killed him would be remembered. though it's a good point that the piece of loot you're wearing could be taken from someone elses armory, i'd say keep it general and take it from <major faction your character doesn't like>