Deleted

Unhappy Help choosing a new Laptop to play D3

Hi, firstly I can only apologise if this should not have been made into a new thread. I tried searching but I couldn't find any topics that I felt were of a similar tact.

So, I bought Diablo 3 expecting to start playing straightaway however it would appear that my current laptop is not up to the minimum requirements. I have since ran it through the canIrunit website and as anticipated it responded no (should probably have done this before buying the game).

This however has given me the opportunity to get a new laptop, I have a shoestring budget and little knowledge of what is good in terms of laptops. From a brief search I have seen a couple that are aesthetically pleasing to me but whether they are capable of playing the game I am not 100%.

Option 1 - SAMSUNG Series 3 300E5A, Intel® Core™ i3-2350M processor, Memory: 4GB, Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Option 2 - HP Pavilion G6-1257SA Laptop, Intel® Core™ i3 Processor, 4GB Memory Capacity, Intel HM65 Express

Not allowed to post links

These are at the maximum to which I am willing to spend, so if someone would be kind enough to inform me if firstly these two laptops can run Diablo 3 at a reasonable level and secondly if so which is better.

Thanking whoever takes the time to respond

Elokobi

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Computers forum

Intel graphic cards are pure garbage.

save a bit more money and buy one with a good graphic card

What is your budget?

Deleted
    Yeah, without a dedicated GPU (which none of the aforementioned Laptops have) you won't have much luck playing Diablo III.

The only non-dedicated GPUs capable of playing Diablo III are:

Intel's HD 4000 series, which comes with Ivy Bridge CPUs. However, Ivy Bridge isn't available for Laptops just yet. I'm also not sure if they'll come with a HD 4000 card. In any case, they'll only be able to run the game in 1366x720p and it will probably be quite expensive.

AMDs "Llano" and soon to come "Trinity" APUs will offer significantly better GPU performance at should ensure 30+ FPS, even at 1600x900 resolutions. However you should expect to pay at least 600 dollars for such a Laptop.

Other than that, you really need a dedicated GPU. And a dedicated GPU means you need to invest more money.

Not great but it will play D3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230134

while it may not play the best possible frames or graphics it is way above the intel integrated gpu.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I'd say at the moment around £400 is my max budget but if I was to wait a bit longer then I could go higher, maybe to a maximum of £600. So this equates to just under $1000 according to a conversion I just did online.

Obviously I'd rather get a decent laptop for as little as possible but if I have to spend I have to

If anyone knows is it possible to get a laptop of the type previously mentioned from Currys, PC World or other electrical stores?

Elokobi