Thread: Help.....meh..

Help.....meh..

Okay..so Im usually playing games likejust regular grinding, monstery stuff..

But I really wanted to get into playing shooting games..and I really like it but I suck ...I just suck...really really bad. -_-...

I downloadedsome other FPS/TPS games...
    I kinda like games with a story and not just random shooting but whatever to the point...

I feel like I have no idea wtf im doing lol, I get in there and im like uuuh who do i shoot..whos on my team...where do I friggin go....is there a goal or am i just shooting anybody thats my enemy? (cuz that gets just as boring as griding for hours)....

So my question is...
    Who wants to give me like...a tutorial on how to play mmofps games (I mean literally like..ur teaching a complete noob girl)

and...

are these games fun??? I mean....are there any with an actual quest/story and not just random running around pew pew pew I shoot yuuuu LOL
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-05-16 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    You can watch reviews and gameplay from some games on youtube, just search for it if it looks fun, try it out.

Also, comic sans <//////3

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands is a fairly forgiving FPS/RPG with an interesting storyline. As far as 'what to do'... Um. Follow the instructions? I'm not really sure how to help you there, because every game will tell you what to do. So unless you're ignoring the instructions... >.>

Also, you can't ask "Are these fun". It might be fun to YOU, or might not. It might be fun to someone else, or might not. It's like asking if X or Y music is any good.

Also, and this is just an oddity. Using the handle 'G8merGurl' (gatemer girl?) and using a gamer girl avatar and using comic sans with one post... Kind of makes it seem like you're trolling by trying too hard. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by chazus; 2012-05-16 at 04:45 PM.

I'm a female too and I'll be straight up honest with you: I could NEVER get into FPS games. MMOFPS, regular FPS, classic FPS, new FPS. Never.
    The only time I ever had a mediocrum of fun was when playing multiplayer halo with friends, and even then I'd ditch shooting for that cool laser sword at every opportunity.

Some genres just don't gel with some people. If it's a popular genre that all your friends are playing, you're screwed. But the bright side is there's plenty of others out there! I personally ignore FPSes and go for RPGs, platformers, racers and the like.

Deleted
    Well what game(s) have you tried?

And did you enjoy any of them?

If you dont like fps dont Push yourself to play it cause the online communites are filled with pre pubescent teens that have accsess to microphones that like to shout obcenities when they either kill or are killed. Tbh multiplayer fps is to see if your better than anyone else and like the moba community have harsh opinions on new players. If your still interested a few fps with decent story lines are crysis/ homefront even left for dead( more survival horror) there are others on console such as resistance and uncharted but i assume you mean computer games. Also no one can really teach you how to play , just jump into some tamed public games and learn via trial and error only way to get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't enjoy FPS's, but I did enjoy every entry in the Half-Life series. Portal is another game that's awesome and can help you with learning the control-conventions of the genre. These games have a pretty good story and an interesting way of telling it, so you're kinda motivated to keep playing.

From the same creators: Team Fortress 2. Not much story, but the game itself is incredibly fun (and free) and is easy to learn, difficult to master.

From what I've heard, Call of Duty is a good series (the latest entries, anyway), but it just gave me a headache.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I don't really like FPS games either. Esp. multiplayer FPS games- there is nothing really other than shooting/defending as the goal. Not really room for story or character.

Story and structure are usually on the single player side of things in an FPS. I would recommend Bioshock, Deus Ex and Half-Life 2 as good jumping on points to FPS games. Great gameplay & presentation. You'll get the gist of it quickly.

For multiplayer I think Team Fortress 2 is likely the best pick-up & play/approachable FPS with multiplayer. Possibly Left 4 Dead for co-op FPS.

Hacks and cheats <- name of the game.

Its just practise, and treat most FPS exactly the same

for me I used to suck on halo online, used to get creamed, after playing a lot, Im much better and normally do the creaming, it has similar controls to CoD and MW 3, first time I played either of those I was pretty high on the kill board, cousin couldnt believe it xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Honestly, i'd say buy CSS or CS 1.6 and learn how to play FPS games, they are really cheap and some of the best games in my opinion. U wanna start practising with Bots and public servers untill u learn who's on ur team and their, a tip is always playing with friendly fire on since u wanna get used to it.

Then get some friends in the game and start playings mixes & practise clan wars, and then when u've learned that, you will know what you like in the game and what u dont like, then u can watch trailers and shit about other games before buying them and its alot easier to choose them =)

CSS Is all about grinding untill ur good though, its boring in public but gets funny when ur playing with a team and having tactics :P

IDK if this would work for other people, but it worked for me and i used to play very serious CSS with tournaments and lans and shit =)

EDIT: btw after i got good at CSS, im always owning shit up in cod and bf =)

It honestly depends on what kind of shooter you want. Generic, easy shooters include things like the Call of Duty series. If you want something with an actual, interesting story, you can try the Uncharted series or Max Payne, which just came out. Borderlands is incredibly fun and hilarious without being too difficult. But like others have mentioned, if you are forcing yourself to play, the genre might not be for you. You can also try to ease yourself into the genre. Games like Red Dead Redemption or GTA are third person shooters in a very very basic and literal sense, or The Saboteur, which is an underrated gem. You could even try Fallout 3 or New Vegas, which are technically RPGs but play very similar to open world FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    I'm a female too and I'll be straight up honest with you: I could NEVER get into FPS games.
    The only time I ever had a mediocrum of fun was when playing multiplayer halo with friends, and even then I'd ditch shooting for that cool laser sword at every opportunity.
    I like some fps games, but I only play 1 or 2 at most more than like an hour in a year... Also, totally agree with you... I don't get whats with boys and shooting things, but I find the laser sword and gravity hammer or whatever it's called much more fun!