Deleted

Just completed on Normal mode.

Just completed the game on normal mode as a Barbarian, cool game with great cut scenes. Only downside at the moment that I can find, and this is a very small niggle, is that the crafted items are not that great. My Barb is decked out in all items that have dropped in dungeons or from bosses.

It may be a little early to assess yet as there is a whole lot more to achieve, but I have spent a fortune skilling up the armor vendor and not had anything there that I would purchase.... :S

BTW, my blacksmith is level 4 (Master) and only 1 step from leveling but I need 5 pages of blacksmithing which I haven't seen any yet.
    Has anyone got allot further and skilled the vendor up to very high levels? If so, what is the armor and weapons like?

Other than that.... The game is ace.

I thought crafting just gave pieces with random stats, so same as drops really. At least that is what I saw in Beta. You'd make magic armor with 3 random stats on it. Did it change with live?

BS crafting was not intended to be a system in which you get the best gear. It was intended to be a "Hey, I have all blue gear except my chest piece because one wouldn't drop, let's craft a decent chest piece". It is there to fill in the gaps for out-dated gear. Glad you like the game otherwise!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted items are not supposed to be better then dropped, they are there so you dont beat your brains against the keyboard trying trying to get lucky and find that one missing item.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I've crafted several items that have been of use to me or my follower. It's all randomized.

You get the skill pages on Nightmare and above btw.

Deleted
    Oh snap.... Nightmare.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Still worthwhile to shell out all that gold for training him up? My instinct says yes since his progress will be shared by all my future toons (I think anyway), but still I'm not so sure.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Still worthwhile to shell out all that gold for training him up? My instinct says yes since his progress will be shared by all my future toons (I think anyway), but still I'm not so sure.
    It could be profitable. While what you make is essentially random when it comes to stats, there is a small chance that you can craft a piece of a armor set, if so, you then instantly learn how to craft that whole set. Set pieces might go for decent money or gold later on.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

The artisans are shared with all your characters, yes. While world drops might be better for your character, you might not always get lucky with your drops. Having the Blacksmith as backup is pretty sweet.

Plus you can find actual skillbooks as drops that teach them specific recipes. Some of them could come in handy.

IMO probably cheaper overall to buy stuff instead, although of course right now things in the AH will be a bit pricey

apparently crafting (at least blacksmithing) becomes amazing later on... but you have to invest a ton of gold into it (although what else would you spend gold on in this game? lol)

u can craft legendaries... unfortunately most have a few random stats and sometimes come out to be a huge waste of money

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting is beast later on, just don't expect to get the items you want in an instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Just started getting the blacksmith pages on Nightmare mode, love the game its sweet.

I will post back any details on the blacksmith as I progress.

Thanks for the reply's, some helpful info there.

how much time need to complite normal mode?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fan141 View Post
    how much time need to complite normal mode?
    Took me 14 hours something to do.