Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    That announcement by Tom about the reruns gave me hope, so I guess we just need to stay tuned, like I thought.
    What did he say exactly? I missed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    What did he say exactly? I missed last night.
    Basically: Reruns suck, but it's a part of TV, but they have something planned so stay tuned. - That sums it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically: Reruns suck, but it's a part of TV, but they have something planned so stay tuned. - That sums it up.
    And he did it so well i teared up a bit thinking "THIS is toonami you go tom you go"

Also i like how so many people on even the AS boards seem to think that now that it's on AS toonami can air pretty much anything. I mean hell most cable networks don't even TRY to air pretty much half the shit they could legally and even Comedy Central tends to censor some stuff like AS wouldn't.

But with that in mind what shows would you like to see on toonami. I for one set 3 rules for ALL of the series i mention in topics like this.

Rule 1: Must have a decent amount of action.

Rule 2: Must be dubbed/licensed

Rule 3: Must not be overly(as in TV MA grade overly) violent or sexual so as to avoid excessive censoring.

With that said i for one would like to see

Birdy the Might Decode

Vandread

Fairy Tail(content wise it's TV-14 in the states)

Linebarrels of Iron

Demon King Daimaoh

Tenchi Muyo GXP

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki(as in last OVA)

Histories Strongest Desciple Kenichi

The ORIGINAL Recordof Lodoss War(nice bit of old school fun here)

The Legend of Legendary Heroes

Solti Rei

El Hazard(rightstuff has the rights)

Aquarion(the combination scenes are visually as bad as digimon season 3s biometgibg as far as nudity goes)

Shakugan no Shana

Orphen(just please gods not Revenge)

Guyver(as in the 2005 one pretty much no censoring needed)

Infinite Stratos

Kaze no Stigma

Tower of Druaga

Chrone Shelled Regios

as for series that MIGHT work but whose style/content don't quite match up

Rosario Vampire. Which sucks that the anime departed from the manga so much or i'd put this in the sure thing category
    And as for longshots due to licensing hell(basically shows that ARE in english but whose licensors have died)

Nanoha(provided people can see past the naked loli transformations but again see digimon season 3 biomergeing)

Soultaker

Dual Paralell Trouble Adventure

Rune Soldier Louie

Kurokami AKA Black God

Also here is a link to the thread on the boards for suggestions. Alot of people seem to think TVMA means anything goes though.

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Toona.../td-p/64721419

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that they're working on it.

As for anime I'd like to see... well back in the day I kinda used Toonami to suggest anime for me, which is what got me into Naruto, One Piece, and Zatch Bell. Although, I'd have to say I'd like to see Fairy Tail and One Piece, because as far as I know the One Piece dub has pretty much stopped. I'd also like to see Naruto, not really because I have any desire to watch it again (since I'm rewatching it atm.), but because it would bring in a bigger audience. I honestly don't have enough knowledge of anime to suggest any anime. I just trust them to get some good shows on there, and I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Also, the last episode of Deadman Wonderland was hella censored... I mean Hummingbird is sitting there talking about how wet she is and how she's getting off, but the decide to bleep out all the shits and fucks.... I don't know about you guys, but if I was a parent, I'd be much more up in arms about what she was saying rather than the curse words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that they're working on it.

As for anime I'd like to see... well back in the day I kinda used Toonami to suggest anime for me, which is what got me into Naruto, One Piece, and Zatch Bell. Although, I'd have to say I'd like to see Fairy Tail and One Piece, because as far as I know the One Piece dub has pretty much stopped. I'd also like to see Naruto, not really because I have any desire to watch it again (since I'm rewatching it atm.), but because it would bring in a bigger audience. I honestly don't have enough knowledge of anime to suggest any anime. I just trust them to get some good shows on there, and I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Also, the last episode of Deadman Wonderland was hella censored... I mean Hummingbird is sitting there talking about how wet she is and how she's getting off, but the decide to bleep out all the shits and fucks.... I don't know about you guys, but if I was a parent, I'd be much more up in arms about what she was saying rather than the curse words.
    This is america ya know. And not me i wouldn't care either way depending on my kids age...then again i'll also be introducing my kid to anime at a young age anyways along with gaming so he'll be used to shit most americans can't handle pretty early on. Maybe start him out with cutesy shows as a kid like Pokemon and dubbed digimon season one and maybe two. Then move him up to some good fare like Ronin Warriors and the like. As he gets older pull out some fairy tail. When he learns to read add in a few subbed series. So ideally by the time he's 15-16 he'll be set for things like deadman wonderland and Quasar of Stigmata as well as fan subs ideally by age 10 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This is america ya know. And not me i wouldn't care either way depending on my kids age...then again i'll also be introducing my kid to anime at a young age anyways along with gaming so he'll be used to shit most americans can't handle pretty early on. Maybe start him out with cutesy shows as a kid like Pokemon and dubbed digimon season one and maybe two. Then move him up to some good fare like Ronin Warriors and the like. As he gets older pull out some fairy tail. When he learns to read add in a few subbed series. So ideally by the time he's 15-16 he'll be set for things like deadman wonderland and Quasar of Stigmata as well as fan subs ideally by age 10 or so.
    Oh trust me I wasn't offended by it either, I just think it's stupid. I've honestly never understood why people get so offended by curse words... if I say crap, then no one cares, but if I say shit, then people get all up in arms. I mean come on, they mean the exact same thing. Oh well... that's a discussion for a different time and a different thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that it comes on after Boondocks, Family Guy, etc. that are shows that have tons of sexual, adult oriented content, any parent with a problem should probably just shut up and turn on the channel blocker for everything on CN after 10 pm. Still have no idea why they so heavily censor the cursing on that show since the shows preceding it don't censor most of the same stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    By the time he is 10-12 he will know more curse words than you do, more sexual terms, and far more offensive ones at that. He will also be used to playing violent video games, seeing violent movies, etc. Unless you are from like an Amish neighboorhood, chances are you kid will be able to watch and enjoy the more violent or bloody animes way before he can drive. Props for even considering raising your kid in an old fashiony sort of way though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Considering that it comes on after Boondocks, Family Guy, etc. that are shows that have tons of sexual, adult oriented content, any parent with a problem should probably just shut up and turn on the channel blocker for everything on CN after 10 pm. Still have no idea why they so heavily censor the cursing on that show since the shows preceding it don't censor most of the same stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 12:40 PM ----------

By the time he is 10-12 he will know more curse words than you do, more sexual terms, and far more offensive ones at that. He will also be used to playing violent video games, seeing violent movies, etc. Unless you are from like an Amish neighboorhood, chances are you kid will be able to watch and enjoy the more violent or bloody animes way before he can drive. Props for even considering raising your kid in an old fashiony sort of way though.
    LOL if my kid is ANYTHING like me his normal nature would be quite different than you expect. You're talking to one of the few people out there who actually gets depressed for lying and had to be TAUGHT to even tell white lies. Yeah if he has even half my traits trust me. And i know what you're saying. I'm just saying if done right should work out...Oh and my kid will know more curse words from me than anything else.

Oh and in regards to your first bit. They probably do it cause of a combination of Anime and Toonamis rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadman Wonderland ended last night (which I'm still a little ticked about), so Samurai 7 is taking its place and Eureka 7 is taking the place of FMA: BH next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadman Wonderland ended last night (which I'm still a little ticked about), so Samurai 7 is taking its place and Eureka 7 is taking the place of FMA: BH next week.
    since this is the official forum i figure i should post here and so with the ending of Samurai 7 we are getting Soul Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.