Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    i consider my adult cat more intelligent than a baby. but then, i'm also her slave and not the other way round! *gg* most humans don't eat babies because it wouldn't be clever to eat the own old age insurance in the first place, and it's cannibalism.
    My point is that we don't normally use "its less inelligent" as a reason to eat something. You don't eat your cat. We use a somewhat arbitrarily defined level of higher sentience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say no to this, because even if their intelligence is a lot greater than ours, we are still intelligent life. I'd like to hope that if we discovered a planet with a hunter/gather society on it, we wouldn't use them for food.
    We also don't eat species like monkeys that are quite intelligent. Then again this is going by our ethics system, this alien race might have a whole different one that allows them to eat anything that isn't them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Well, we recently uncovered pills in East Asia with grounded up baby powder. *shiver* It was apparently a "CURE ALL!" pill. I am kinda grossed out even bringing this up.
    Pills? That's a terrible waste of meat. Baby back ribs. Mmmm mmmm mmm~
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?