• Lyrics

2 40.00%
  • Flow

0 0%
  • Production

0 0%
  • Other?

3 60.00%

Question [Music] What's Hip-Hop's most important quality?

Hello internet! So this is my first YouTube video and I plan to make more videos! Please watch! Please subscribe and enjoy!(I didn't practice this I just 'free-balled' the video haha) :]

So what do you guys feel is the most important? explain? why? questions? thanks!

Deleted
    Lyrics.

Hip-hop with an actual, serious point is some of the best poetry I've ever heard.

I think production is the most important thing, good hip hop doesn't need any lyrics, just a good beat and a good rhythm. But lyricism is to do with rapping, or singing. And rap is separate from hip hop. But they do go hand in hand and compliment each other. But yeah for me production is important. You can have the sickest rapper or singer going to town on a beat, but if it's whack, then for me it just doesn't make it. No matter how good the said rapper or singer is. For me it is all about the music. Good music has no need for lyrics. Just gonna leave these here My fave hip hop tunes of all time, no doubt.

Lyricism, but more to the point, Content. I could care less if you make witty metaphors or amazing puns (although that's definitely good), if you lack an actual message or meaning behind the song. Flow is pretty steady behind that, and production paced far behind
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Honesty. I find there's nothing more emotionally impacting than complete artistic honesty. It's when an artist doesn't need to find some sort of niche to fill to sound great, and it's goddamn impressive when it happens.

Crap music w/a brainwashed, suburban, teenage cult of followers that, thanks to the liberal media, believe it's "cool" to be urban and black (I could go on but It'll result in a ban).

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Crap music w/a brainwashed, suburban, teenage cult of followers that, thanks to the liberal media, believe it's "cool" to be urban and black (I could go on but It'll result in a ban).
    I'm not a fan of when people think of something reasonable to post, then do the exact opposite. I'll happily infract posts like these all evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Nearly every rapper I listen to is white and doesn't rap about any of the things you hear on the radio and in the mainstream, so I don't really know what you're talking about. One of my favorite artists has a bachelors in philosophy and started their career with poetry.

The singers voice is usually the biggest factor of whether or not I like their music.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bitches.

That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel that this thread has been done a bunch of times already. You can add your opinions to the Hip-Hop Thread in the CMBT index.