SO. Level 29 Sorceress.

I feel like I don't do any respectable damage. What skills should I be using/have on my bar? My friend is a barbarian and I don't even come close to dealing as much damage. He also takes 0 damage while I die from being looked at the wrong way.

All the spells is reallly balanced, there is no "right way". However (I have only tried Barb so far so I don't know the names), there are some AoE spells and some single-target spells, make sure you're using the right one. Also, there is no real way of telling your damage over time, and therefore you could do just as much damage as him.

Reguarding the "the takes less damage than me", he's a Barb which is kind of a tanking class. If he's using a shield, there's not big chances of dying in normal if you pull 1-2 trash packs. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    well first of there is an option you can turn on that displays all damage done not only crits that way you can compare and pick whatever you think seems to be best, from my view electrocute and disintegrate and that arcane something something do alot of damage

Lol. I have a wizard myself, damage is nuts. Disintegrate is OP as shit, so is electrocute.

15+ Year Old Account
    This the build I will most likely be using when I get to 30. I can solo stuff in a 3 person group, in act 3 at level 28. My damage (the stat on the character screen) is 430 something.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I feel like I don't do any respectable damage. What skills should I be using/have on my bar? My friend is a barbarian and I don't even come close to dealing as much damage. He also takes 0 damage while I die from being looked at the wrong way.
    Simply stack Intelligence and +damage. Check vendors frequently if your gear is subpar as they can provide some easy upgrades. A simple +3-5 damage upgrade (modified by what should be 400+ int for your level) becomes something like +80-100 damage.

I felt the same about wizard up until about level 26 when I started seeking Int & damage upgrades over other "adventure" stats (exp/magic/gold etc) but now I'm feeling as capable as my monk/WD and my brothers barb/DH.

Don't underestimate Ruby's in your weapons either. +10-20 damage (Flawless Ruby) with ~450 int = Massive boost. If you still want to stack damage further and you've gotten the best gear you think you can, use the Magic Weapon spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that my WD feels kinda weak compared to my barbarian at the same level (15) as well. I think barbs just start out strong while the two casters need more of their goodies first. It's ridiculously easy for my barb to round up a huge pack of monsters, leap into them, rend them, and then hit them with one cleave and watch the entire pack explode.

Killing shit with my WD feels very slow by comparison.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    All the spells is reallly balanced, there is no "right way". However (I have only tried Barb so far so I don't know the names), there are some AoE spells and some single-target spells, make sure you're using the right one. Also, there is no real way of telling your damage over time, and therefore you could do just as much damage as him.

Reguarding the "the takes less damage than me", he's a Barb which is kind of a tanking class. If he's using a shield, there's not big chances of dying in normal if you pull 1-2 trash packs. Good luck
    * the best you can do is to try and optimize your gear; chances are you dont have as much int and/or + dmg affixes (secondaries)
    * then i find it help full under gameplay option in the esc(game) menu to turn on show enemy health & show dmg/healing; this allows you to see what all those prettty colors are doing and get some perspective on what to prioritize

those two should help you greatly dont want to farm the get the gear you need ....best solution to this is to reroll a toon youre interested in and stashing all the wizard-centric gear you come across ( two birds....one stone)
    Only death my pay for life

Putting in a red gem on my weapon added 150 damage. I don't understand the interaction, can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Putting in a red gem on my weapon added 150 damage. I don't understand the interaction, can someone explain?
    spells are based of a weapon damage
    red gems socketed into a weapon add x-y dmg to you weap
    this increase of weapon damage is then multiple by your intellect
    so if you have 400 int and a 2-4 dmg to your weap w/ a ruby
    you stand to gain around 120 dmg
    note sure if my math is right...still no sleep but that should help with the general idea
    Only death my pay for life

as soon as I had disintegrate, I became pretty much invincible
    this is my spec at the moment, you wont have all the runes with level 29, but they are not that important
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QRl!ZYb!aZabba

the most important spells are diamond skin and disintegrate, you really are almost undefeatable in normal mode.
    do you have good gear? go the the AH, buy the 2h weapon with highest dps and some int and vit on it and you'll love your sorceress, belive me, its ridicoulusly overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Killing shit with my WD feels very slow by comparison.
    Really, in normal mode? I obliterate groups faster than I care for. One Firebats-cast and whole groups fall apart. I'm lv24 and hit >540 and crit >800 with it, so it just erases mobs from the map. :|